Drink and drugs...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I was hitting the bottle pretty hard for a year or two but am back to normal now. I've also experimented with a variety of recreational drugs but don't really go near the stuff anymore. Honestly, it is much easier to just stay clean and have the occasional beer or 2 with friends / family. Anyone wanna share their personal experience with this or their opinion on drugs and alcohol ?

#2 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36744 posts) -

I was hitting the bottle pretty hard for a year or two but am back to normal now. I've also experimented with a variety of recreational drugs but don't really go near the stuff anymore. Honestly, it is much easier to just stay clean and have the occasional beer or 2 with friends / family. Anyone wanna share their personal experience with this or their opinion on drugs and alcohol ?

nooblet69

I drink every weekend (Mate's Christmas party last night, in-fvcking-sane)
After every shift at work (Bartender)
And Wednesdays depending on who's keen
Taken pingas and love weed
Also
OTAH

#3 Posted by Horgen (110001 posts) -
Alcohol doesn't really do it for me, nor do I want to try heavier stuff. So rarely drinking... It was an okay experience as a whole, rarely being the experience people make one believe it is.
#4 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Taken pingas chaoscougar1
?

pingas.jpg.ban.jpg

I drink occasionally, I don't smoke.

#5 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36744 posts) -

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Taken pingas SirWander

?

pingas.jpg.ban.jpg

Must be an aussie slang Ecstasy
#6 Posted by MudoSkills (376 posts) -
I do worry a bit about how often I drink, but not enough to cut down. I suppose I'd rather drink myself into an early grave than spend more of my life sober.
#7 Posted by johnd13 (7889 posts) -

I drink almost never (I don' t like alcohol) and have never tried any kind of drugs either.

#8 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

I regularly get drunk on new year's eve, my birthday and when me and my mates do a DnD sleepover (that game bores me, so I would just get drunk and go to sleep).

#9 Posted by Grandotaku (2118 posts) -

I drink every now and again when there is a party on... try to avoid it though because I am an angry drunk.

#10 Posted by Palantas (15321 posts) -

I've drank a lot at certain times in my life. I've been pretty committed to fitness for over a year now, and drinking really f*cks with that. I get hammered about once a month. A few times during the week, I will have one or two ales.

chaoscougar1

I like the chick in your signature. She has a tasteful thickness to her.

#11 Posted by Celldrax (14548 posts) -

Well, I do get drunk every weekend. So I enjoy the occasional bit of alcohol.

Weed is the only drug I'm willing to go anywhere near.

#12 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
[QUOTE="horgen123"]Alcohol doesn't really do it for me, nor do I want to try heavier stuff. So rarely drinking... It was an okay experience as a whole, rarely being the experience people make one believe it is.

you made a fool of yourself didnt you ranger your awkward little demeanour didnt mix well with liquid confidence and it stopped you from ever pushing the boundaries of your comfort zone a second time
#13 Posted by toast_burner (21285 posts) -

I get drunk about once a week and i've been clean of illegal drugs for about 7 months now.

#14 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol, so I don't drink except for the beer on football sunday. I don't like the high that marijuana gives you, but I love the smell and taste of it. I hate stimulants, but I love downers, mainly opoids like vicodin, oxy, perks etc. Benzos are alright, but they lose their effect on me after a few days. I think I have a problem with ambien though. :( What a pussssssyyyyyyyy drug to have a problem with lol.
#15 Posted by mingmao3046 (2474 posts) -
everything in moderation. if something is causing issues in your life such as increased anxiety from weed (whats happened to me), its best to stop doing it
#16 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I love beer. Usually have it every day. I almost never drink to get drunk though.

#17 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I drank frequently while in college but since graduating I've cut back to almost non-existant levels. I've gotten into fitness and working out since graduating too so I often can't justify the empty calories.

#18 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

I don't drink or do drugs but if others want to do that, that is their own business and I won't judge them for it.

#19 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
no thank you.
#20 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
I try and not drink too much. Not because I don't like being intoxicated, but because its a nasty vice. I find my thinking leans too far into positivity ending in feeling crappy about life. But at a party? Sure, if the setting and crowd is right its called for. As for drugs? I don't consider marijuana a drug, assuming that is what you're talking about. It's not manufactured, it doesn't carry the addictive qualities of heroin or cocaine and many of its effects are positive. The worst thing about weed is its price on the East coast.
#21 Posted by achilles614 (4843 posts) -
I rarely drink, have a bottle of sailor jerry rum on hand for those nights I'm looking to have a little bit of fun with the lady. I smoke the herb, but no where near as much as I used to. Going to stop smoking all together when the spring/winter semester hits, no way I'm taking a math and two science w/ lab classes being zooted all the time. @napkins, price on the east coast could never be better, all from cali and half the price I used to pay 5 years ago.
#22 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
[QUOTE="achilles614"]I rarely drink, have a bottle of sailor jerry rum on hand for those nights I'm looking to have a little bit of fun with the lady. I smoke the herb, but no where near as much as I used to. Going to stop smoking all together when the spring/winter semester hits, no way I'm taking a math and two science w/ lab classes being zooted all the time. @napkins, price on the east coast could never be better, all from cali and half the price I used to pay 5 years ago.

Heard that, I still want the quality and price of the CO stuff.
#23 Posted by Deadpool-n (467 posts) -

I drink occasionally. Usually for sporting events. But I've been dying to smoke again. Really helps with to relax and deal with stress, anxiety, and sleep.

#24 Posted by GamingVengeance (1838 posts) -
I use to use alot of ecstasy, shrooms, LSD, coke, weed, and anything else that would get me high, drank alot as well. I stopped living like that about a year ago tho, it's a waste of life, money, and health
#25 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

I smoked one time and didn't see the appeal, but I do like the occasional beer.

#26 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -

I drink when I go out with friends or if I'm watching hockey. Weed is the only "drug" I'll touch, and that's not very often

#27 Posted by -Tish- (3620 posts) -
I enjoy getting twisted on occasion.
#28 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I drink when I go out with friends or if I'm watching hockey. Weed is the only "drug" I'll touch, and that's not very often

Canuck3000

This lockout is driving me to drink.

#29 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -

[QUOTE="SirWander"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]Taken pingas chaoscougar1

?

pingas.jpg.ban.jpg

Must be an aussie slang Ecstasy

OIIII PINGAAAAAAA

oh nice didn't know you was Aussie bloke.

#30 Posted by ShadowDragon78 (359 posts) -
I actually don't drink or smoke at all, my friends that do, think I am crazy..
#31 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

I have been clean as a whistle for a few months now because I am job seeking. Once I find employment, I'll go back to smoking weed, I usually buy enough to last me two week at a time so I spend about 60 bucks on it every two weeks.

#32 Posted by edinsftw (4225 posts) -

Drugs are good.

#33 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

Drugs are good.

edinsftw

yeah they are

#34 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7953 posts) -

Just drink socially usually clubbing and bars etc with friends. Don't really smoke didn't really enjoy it plus the negatives outweigh the positives me think.