Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts

I just saw this movie.... And Ive got to say it was GAWDLY

U.S. Air Force General Jack Ripper goes completely and utterly mad, and sends his bomber wing to destroy the U.S.S.R. He suspects that the communists are conspiring to pollute the "precious bodily fluids" of the American people. The U.S. president meets with his advisors, where the Soviet ambassador tells him that if the U.S.S.R. is hit by nuclear weapons, it will trigger a "Doomsday Machine" which will destroy all plant and animal life on Earth. Peter Sellers portrays the three men who might avert this tragedy: British Group Captain Lionel Mandrake, the only person with access to the demented Gen. Ripper; U.S. President Merkin Muffley, whose best attempts to divert disaster depend on placating a drunken Soviet Premier and the former Nazi genius Dr. Strangelove, who concludes that "such a device would not be a practical deterrent for reasons which at this moment must be all too obvious". Will the bombers be stopped in time, or will General Jack Ripper succeed in destroying the world ? Written by Colin Tinto {cst@imdb.com}

Anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

moobusta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 moobusta
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
no, but I will look for it.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
Twas a great movie. :P
Wiesenthal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Wiesenthal
Member since 2005 • 7460 Posts
Yeah, I saw it a while back. Great, funny movie. I loved how Dr. Strangelove had a hard time not doing the Hitler salute.:lol: Also, George C. Scott was such an amazing actor. You should watch Patton.
Berzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Berzz
Member since 2004 • 14360 Posts
Awesome movie. Made me have a good laugh.
jetpower3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jetpower3
Member since 2005 • 11631 Posts
It was funny, but not in a way that was overly apparant. It was more funny in terms of how ridiculous a society, even if it is presented almost entirely realistically, is capable of acting. That's standard Kubrick for you. He isn't interested in slapstick, or senseless humor that's just put in for you to get a kick out of. Everything he did was his own for his own reason, and everything scene in every movie he's done has a meaning. That and his unbeatable technical work in his films are the reasons why he is considered one of the very greatest directors of all time.
-kaz3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -kaz3-
Member since 2006 • 7372 Posts
It's my dad's all-time favorite movie. I remember a couple of portions from when I was a kid, particularly: [spoiler] the dude riding the bomb like a horse [/spoiler]
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I need to watch the rest of it, I only saw the first half. :(
anterocide

Forum Posts