Double standards are annoying.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So I was watching Jimmy Falon tonight and they did a bit where they put up like 3 channels and made a cable package deal out of it.

For example Cartoon Network, Comedy Central and some other channel was the "Legal weed" channel.

Anyway....they do one where the channels are Lifetime, Oxygen and some other channel and dubbed it the "I'm going to kill my husband" package......and the women in the audience fucking yelled and screamed for that shit like he just showed pictures of some actor nude.

Seriously, if men got all excited for a wife killing joke the symbolic shit would hit the fucking fan.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

How exactly would shit hit the fan?

I didn't see the segment, but you describe it as if it was the audience members who were cheering for violence against men, rather than the entertainers actually promoting violence against men.

And that's the thing here...it could MAYBE be a double standard if it were the ENTERTAINERS who appeared to hate men (or at the very least, their spouses) and got away with it when an entertainer of the opposite sex would have had a hit to his/her career. But that doesn't sound like that's what happened. It sounds like the only ugliness came from THE AUDIENCE, and that it's somehow a double standard because the idiots in the audience faced no repercussions. This begs the question: what exactly do you think SHOULD have happened to those audience members? In what way SHOULD "shit have hit the fan?"

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Knife the wife.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Huggles_dog

@MrGeezer: I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not talking about the entertainers doing anything I care or don't care about.

I'm saying the women in the audience hooped and hollered for violence against men.

And we both know if it was violence against women: 1. There would have been a different reaction and 2. If men were to hoop and holler for violence against women....they would have started a #cancelthelateshow hash tag by the end of the show.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrGeezer

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@MrGeezer: I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not talking about the entertainers doing anything I care or don't care about.

I'm saying the women in the audience hooped and hollered for violence against men.

And we both know if it was violence against women: 1. There would have been a different reaction and 2. If men were to hoop and holler for violence against women....they would have started a #cancelthelateshow hash tag by the end of the show.

1) What would the reaction have been? Would the entertainers have put the entire show to a halt just to lecture or berate some audience members who were idiots? Would the rest of the audience have drug the cheering people out on the stage and skinned them alive? Please clarify what you mean by "a different reaction."

2) Why would there be a campaign to cancel the Late Show when no one involved in the creation of the show had anything to do with the stupidity? Again, as you describe, the stupidity came from THE AUDIENCE.

To reiterate, I didn't see the clip so maybe I'm missing something. But the way you describe it makes it seem sort of like a heckler in the audience while a comedian is doing a standup routine. That's just shit that is potentially gonna happen any time you record a live performance in front of an audience of dumbasses. Some comedians will stop to poke fun at the heckler/idiot if there's good material to get out of it, while other comedians will ignore the dumbasses in the audience (up to a certain extent) because tghey don't want to let a dumbass audience ruin their routine. It just depends on the circumstances, but this kind of shit happens all the freaking time and the entertainer's reaction varies wildly. The fact that you're trying to make some kind of actual issue out of this is pretty strange.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Don't we all?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

if you want to hear/see something really fucked up, watch the clip of the talk where they all cackle about a guy getting his junk cut off

Edit: here, jump to 43 seconds to start

Loading Video...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@lostrib said:

if you want to hear/see something really fucked up, watch the clip of the talk where they all cackle about a guy getting his junk cut off

Edit: here, jump to 43 seconds to start

Loading Video...

Thought they're gonna show the cut off penis :|

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Think you might be reading too much into things my friend

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

What the tc is describing sounds like people in the audience did what they were supposed to and laughed and clapped at some bit. Not showing support for people actually killing folks. People like the tc need to take a step back and assess themselves

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

It's true though. Those are the i hate men channels.

For example, I remember oxygen showing a 12 hour marathon of movies where men beat their wives.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

For example, I remember oxygen showing a 12 hour marathon of movies where men beat their wives.

LOL that's Lifetime in a nutshell.

It's scary how little fucks people give regarding domestic violence against men. I've read that somewhere around 40% of domestic abuse is female-on-male, but of course no one gives a shit because men are supposed to just take it up the ass (figuratively speaking). And if the cops are called, chances are they'll laugh in his face or even accuse the man of violence and arrest him. As far as I know, there are several shelters for battered women but none for men.

**** this world and its shitty ways.

Teubrinquedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Teubrinquedo12
Member since 2015 • 50 Posts

haha, someone said, "knife the wife." Idk why, made me cry.

Anyhoot, yeah, that's a double-standard, I'm sure. The feminazis would have a field day for a bunch of guys wooping and whistling over that; Feminists are actually redoing all the work done by true women's rights supporters. Rather pathetic.

Also, why you are watching that dunce, man!?

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@plageus900 said:

Dat girl on the left :3

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGeezer

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Yeah...those are seen as the 'I hate men" channels. That seems to be the joke, from what I can tell.

And as Dave pointed out, that makes the TC's comment kind of weird. TC makes it sound like the women in the audience were cheering about killing their husbands, when from what I can tell from the TC's description it's entirely possible that they were cheering at the joke.

As in, the reason the women were cheering was BECAUSE they actually got the joke that was apparently slamming those kinds of channels. Meanwhile, some anti-SJW sees some women cheering and thinks that the cheering validates the notion that women just want to kill and enslave all men.

It's hard to tell without seeing it in context, though, which is why it'd be nice for these kinds of threads to include a link to a source.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: i hate hypocrites :p

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Huggles_dog

I must have to explain it better.

This wasn't the usual laughing and cheering for a regular joke. It was the extra stuff that happens when they make a weed joke or something in particular that makes some audience members go for the extra clap or cheer.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrGeezer

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I must have to explain it better.

This wasn't the usual laughing and cheering for a regular joke. It was the extra stuff that happens when they make a weed joke or something in particular that makes some audience members go for the extra clap or cheer.

Okay. I'll take your word on that since you saw the segment and I didn't.

That still doesn't indicate what Jimmy Fallon SHOULD have done to those women, and it doesn't indicate that he WOULD have reacted any differently if the dumbasses in the audience had been men cheering for violence against women rather than women cheering for violence against men.