Domestic abuse against men

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

So this video shows that when a woman gets harassed/beaten by a man, people will come to her aid, as they should of course. But when a man gets harassed/beaten by a woman, people will just point and laugh. I find this double standard pretty sickening, how 'bout you OT?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

What? A double standard between men and women exists? This is absurd!!!

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I don't find it sickening, but its true it is a double standard and it shouldn't be that way. As for the lady putting her hands on me like that at the very least the relationship is ending right there and then, nobody puts their hands on my face man or woman.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

That's because guys just push or punch. I can take those. Pissed off women will claw like a cat and try to gouge your eyes out. That scares the heck out of me.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasean79

I think Bill Burr explains it best:

Loading Video...

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deeliman

Since when did spambots get in threads to spam instead of making their own threads?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Well it is double standards which is not shocking or anything. If a society claims to be one of egalitarianism, all acts of violence should be treated equally regardless of the direction of violence and parties involved. With that said however, I personally can't find it within me to sympathize with a man who can't fend for himself a against a woman except for extreme cases such as when the woman is armed or when the man is disabled to mentally/psychologically unstable. Men are physically superior to women so simple math suggests that a man should be able to restrain a woman and dodge a couple of aimless swinging of the arms.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

The issue of female perpetrated domestic violence against men should in no way undermine the issue with respect to male perpetrated domestic violence against women. Both are equally deplorable. A society that wishes to promote equality wouldn't treat it as a double standard.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Double standards. Gotta love em

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

men are physically stronger than women most of the time, so a woman shouldn't really be able to get the upper hand on a man, but if she did then yes someone should intervene. But just because a man is stronger doesn't mean he should over power the woman and start hitting her restraining is fine, no hitting.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deeliman

@lamprey263 I already said in the OP that it was good that people helped the woman.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deeliman

Guys, it may be true that men are generally psychically stronger than women, but there are plenty of men who aren't strong and plenty of women who are. Generalizations don't help.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli

@deeliman said:

Guys, it may be true that men are generally psychically stronger than women, but there are plenty of men who aren't strong and plenty of women who are. Generalizations don't help.

What are the statistics of men who cannot take on a woman in any given population? They're pretty much nonexistent I imagine. Regardless, if a man cannot take on a woman for no valid reason then I'd say let him get his ass handed to him he kind of deserves it.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Even worse, if he slapped her for "woman"-handling him, he'd probably get arrested. It's not fair, but no one ever said life was fair. (The guy in the picture should walk away and then delete her phone number.)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

@GazaAli said:

I personally can't find it within me to sympathize with a man who can't fend for himself a against a woman except for extreme cases such as when the woman is armed or when the man is disabled to mentally/psychologically unstable. Men are physically superior to women so simple math suggests that a man should be able to restrain a woman and dodge a couple of aimless swinging of the arms.

It's not really about ability to fend off a woman as it is fear to. She can always turn around say the defending action of the man was an attack on her, and as far as double standards go who do you think police will believe? If a man defends himself in public even then he's likely to get attacked by other men who possess the motto of "you never ever under any circumstances hit a woman". Even restraining a woman can look like an attack, she's likely to flail and shriek and to many she'll look like the victim.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasean79

@GazaAli said:

Well it is double standards which is not shocking or anything. If a society claims to be one of egalitarianism, all acts of violence should be treated equally regardless of the direction of violence and parties involved. With that said however, I personally can't find it within me to sympathize with a man who can't fend for himself a against a woman except for extreme cases such as when the woman is armed or when the man is disabled to mentally/psychologically unstable. Men are physically superior to women so simple math suggests that a man should be able to restrain a woman and dodge a couple of aimless swinging of the arms.

If you watched the video you would see that a man who tries to defend himself from a woman attacking him (via restraining her) would end up in the public reacting in a way that is hostile towards the man and sympathetic towards the woman. So, at least in public, men cannot restrain a woman without backlash from the crowd.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Women have it easy always than men , double standards.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

What are the statistics of men who cannot take on a woman in any given population? They're pretty much nonexistent I imagine. Regardless, if a man cannot take on a woman for no valid reason then I'd say let him get his ass handed to him he kind of deserves it.

And here is a wonderful example of the double standard everyone...

Anyways, the double standard sucks. Society really says it is okay to be physically violent against men and yet turns around and says it is absolutely deplorable to get physical with women. Really it should be deplorable as well to go around hitting men as well. The whole macho stereotype that society shoves down our throats make it so many men play right into the violence which is sad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

So because most men can punch most women's face in then it's their fault if they're abused? Can we also say that if a girl is abused by a physically inferior male she deserves it? I like you man, I do, but sometimes you just talk out of your ass. If you see a man being pushed around by a woman you have absolutely no idea what the situation is. Maybe he's afraid to retaliate and be seen as the aggressor instead of self-defense, maybe he's afraid that if he decides "enough is enough" he's going to lose his kids, or maybe, God forbids, he's not a violent person...Also, not all violence is physical; yes, lots of women suffer verbal, physical, emotional and sexual violence (I even heard the statistics got as far as 1 out of 4 women) but a lot of guys are subject to those same situations (yes, even sexual abuse) and it's comments like yours that make a lot of men feel like they should stay quiet and not report these situations because people like you tell them "to be a man or else they deserve it".

We disagree some times and I've always replied to you with respect, since even if I don't see it your way you normally make a good argument, but man, sometimes you really need to think before you reply...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

What the ****

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@deeliman said:
Loading Video...

So this video shows that when a woman gets harassed/beaten by a man, people will come to her aid, as they should of course. But when a man gets harassed/beaten by a woman, people will just point and laugh. I find this double standard pretty sickening, how 'bout you OT?

After I watch this .... my hate against Oprah is up to 101%

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

No one deserves to get their ass handed to them, men or women.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

When in a relationship the moment physical altercations start occurring is the moment to call it a day on the ralationship,

If your a man getting your Ass whooped by a woman in the street you don't have a lot of choices as someone else said by defending yourself it could look like you're the aggressor, you just have to restrain her and try and leave the situation, even run off if you have to, but even that could lead to a couple of do gooders chasing after you thinking you've done something wrong. If there's witnesses that have seen the women strike you first then that might be to your advantage.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jasean79

@ariabed said:

When in a relationship the moment physical altercations start occurring is the moment to call it a day on the ralationship,

If your a man getting your Ass whooped by a woman in the street you don't have a lot of choices as someone else said by defending yourself it could look like you're the aggressor, you just have to restrain her and try and leave the situation, even run off if you have to, but even that could lead to a couple of do gooders chasing after you thinking you've done something wrong. If there's witnesses that have seen the women strike you first then that might be to your advantage.

Or, you could just not get into an argument in public at all. The best defense in that case is to "walk away".

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@ariabed said:

Things can be very complicated though.

If the couple is married, divorce isn't exactly an easy process and for men it is especially awful. Unless you can prove your wife to be an unfit mother, you can count on losing your kids along with all the money/posessions you lose, even in household situations where the woman wasn't contributing financially.

My Uncle was the sole provider in his household. Found out his wife was cheating on him with their fucking pastor so he decided to get the divorce. She got the kids and he has to fucking pay her alimony...

Outside of marriage situations, even just breaking up with someone can be difficult. If ones partner isn't afraid to hit them, you can imagine they are going to be terrified of what might happen upon breaking off the relationship. There are plenty of psychos out there and I would hazard to guess that a person who would hit their partner is one of those psychos.

Sometimes you even have abuse situations going so far as that the abuser does indeed threaten the abused that they will do something if they leave them. There are also a lot of psychological issues that go along with abusive relationships that cause people to stay in those volatile situations.

Abusive relationships are just one big clusterfuck of different problems that make it very hard for the abused to leave at times even though we all know they need to get away from the situation. It is worse for men too considering the crazy amount of social stigma as demonstrated by Gaza dumbass comment. They actually can't get accurate data on how prevelant domestic abuse against men is BECAUSE of how often it goes unreported due to embarrassment on the abused's part. Same with sexual abuse against men. Look no further than the shockingly different reactions to stories where a male teacher has sex with an underage female student and the reaction you get when a female teacher has sex with an underage male student.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GazaAli

@jasean79: @lamprey263: You two make a valid point I assent. To look at the issue solely from the perspective of physical ability is lacking. I admit that I didn't take into account the public's reaction to a man defending himself against a woman and how double standards will be in play in such situations. But again I was replying to the point that deeliman brought up, which is the fact that many men do not have the physical ability to take on a woman. I still stand by man initial point of view on this. If a man can't, physically speaking, take on a woman then he really ought to take a look at himself.

Brain_Duster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Brain_Duster
Member since 2013 • 473 Posts

lol he got beat up by a girl

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GazaAli

@korvus said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

So because most men can punch most women's face in then it's their fault if they're abused? Can we also say that if a girl is abused by a physically inferior male she deserves it? I like you man, I do, but sometimes you just talk out of your ass. If you see a man being pushed around by a woman you have absolutely no idea what the situation is. Maybe he's afraid to retaliate and be seen as the aggressor instead of self-defense, maybe he's afraid that if he decides "enough is enough" he's going to lose his kids, or maybe, God forbids, he's not a violent person...Also, not all violence is physical; yes, lots of women suffer verbal, physical, emotional and sexual violence (I even heard the statistics got as far as 1 out of 4 women) but a lot of guys are subject to those same situations (yes, even sexual abuse) and it's comments like yours that make a lot of men feel like they should stay quiet and not report these situations because people like you tell them "to be a man or else they deserve it".

We disagree some times and I've always replied to you with respect, since even if I don't see it your way you normally make a good argument, but man, sometimes you really need to think before you reply...

If you read that post you quoted and my original one well, you will realize that I did try to take into considerations factors such as disabilities, mental/psychological instability, medical conditions...etc. Also I did assent in the above reply that my perception of the subject matter was lacking because I didn't take into account public's reaction and the double standards that could practice injustice against a man defending himself against a woman. I was only looking at it from the point of view of physical ability given the fact that deeliman brought it up:

"but there are plenty of men who aren't strong and plenty of women who are".

Maybe you guys need to read better next time and to try and disregard any preconceptions of political correctness. Try it you'll feel invigorated.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GazaAli
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

Anyways, the double standard sucks. Society really says it is okay to be physically violent against men and yet turns around and says it is absolutely deplorable to get physical with women. Really it should be deplorable as well to go around hitting men as well. The whole macho stereotype that society shoves down our throats make it so many men play right into the violence which is sad.

You guys can be really bewildering sometimes. I made it clear right in my first post that there is double standards regarding violence against men by women. Then I proceeded to say that if a society claims to be one of egalitarianism all cases of violence should be treated the same regardless of the direction of violence or the parties involved. But then deeliman made the statement that there is a considerable number of men who aren't strong enough to defend themselves against a woman, which is something I though to be absurd.

Tell me again, why are you all enraged? Some of you may not be able to see it, but sometimes your reactions are so strange, irrational and detached from reality. Its like I write something and you read something completely different. Its either a problem with my English that I need to address, or a comprehension deficiency on your part.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LostProphetFLCL

@GazaAli said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

You guys can be really bewildering sometimes. I made it clear right in my first post that there is double standards regarding violence against men by women. Then I proceeded to say that if a society claims to be one of egalitarianism all cases of violence should be treated the same regardless of the direction of violence or the parties involved. But then deeliman made the statement that there is a considerable number of men who aren't strong enough to defend themselves against a woman, which is something I though to be absurd.

Tell me again, why are you all enraged? Some of you may not be able to see it, but sometimes your reactions are so strange, irrational and detached from reality. Its like I write something and you read something completely different. Its either a problem with my English that I need to address, or a comprehension deficiency on your part.

So you see a bunch of people have a negative reaction to something you say and your immediate response is to suggest that everyone ELSE is detached from reality?

Wow, just wow....

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts

- Dude, you beat up a girl? Seriously?

- Dude, you beat up a girl! Seriously!

It sucks but you really can't win unless you just walk away from it all together and if she hits you call the cops and get a restraining order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli: Since apparently we're all misunderstanding your meaning, maybe you should explain to us in which situations you feel that a man "deserves it".

But ok, you say you meant it in a purely physical context, but the truth is, there can be emotional abuse without physical, but very rarely, if ever, can there be physical abuse without emotional. I remember going out a date with my wife and another couple (a friend and his wife), it felt really tense so I asked if everything was ok and her bitch of a wife replied "Yeah Patrick, tell your friends how you're wanting to leave me because you're feeling all pussy whipped but don't have the balls to do anything about it". At that point I think the guy would have preferred if she had just punched him in the face instead.

Besides, let's not be hypocritical here...you stated "I personally can't find it within me to sympathize with a man who can't fend for himself a against a woman except for extreme cases such as when the woman is armed or when the man is disabled to mentally/psychologically unstable". So unless weakling or disabled he's earned it. On your second post you leave it vague with "if a man cannot take on a woman for no valid reason" but your first post seem to indicate those valid reasons from your perspective, so I don't see how telling me to re-read your post is doing anything for your cause...

Weave it as you may, I don't think it's ever fair to say anybody, man or woman deserves to be abused, unless they abused their partner first, and even then, 2 wrongs don't make a right. yes, it is unfortunate that both sexes seem to have so much trouble leaving such an environment, but that's not the same as "deserving it". Feel no sympathy, that's on you, but don't condone it...that's just being a decent human.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Yup, there's a double standard. With that said, I kinda understand why there is one and almost feel it's acceptable. I mean, I don't think it's Ok for a woman to hit a man but to me there's a difference between a woman chasing a dude around giving him a smack, and man doing the same to a woman. It is about physicality, and even if it's a little sexist I think there's a practicality to it.

An example...my wife could give it her best shot and try to kick my ass...the reality is even if I barely fought back (ie just trying to restrain her) she would barely be able to hurt me. Me on the other hand? I could literally beat her to death without a whole lot of effort. Even if I only punched her a couple times, the physical/mental threat I impose over her is orders of magnitudes greater than any physical threat she could impose on me. There's going to be exceptions of course, but the vast majority of couples are like this.

So with that reality, is a woman hitting a man less of an offense than a man hitting a woman? I personally think so. I wouldn't say it's right, or ideal, but I understand why the double standard exists and I do think it has it's basis in reality/biology.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

@GazaAli: In most cases it isn't a physical deficiancy, it's the fact a lot of men would never raise a hand against a woman because they have been brought up properly (something which society has made exceedingly difficult to do with the self-entitled female populace).

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

It's fucking disgusting. None of the sexes should be allowed physical abuse against anyone without consequences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@SapSacPrime: A friend of mine used to mockingly say "If a guy throws his drink at a girl's face, he's a jerk. If a girl throws her drink at a guy's face, it's because he was a jerk.". Somehow your reply reminded me of that XD

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jasean79

@GazaAli: then deeliman made the statement that there is a considerable number of men who aren't strong enough to defend themselves against a woman, which is something I though to be absurd.

I don't know how things are in your country, but women over here are pretty vicious when it comes to physical confrontations (Hispanic women are a prime example of this). Sure, they may not always outweigh us men in terms of size and strength, but a certain hit to a certain area can render us helpless.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GazaAli

@korvus said:

@GazaAli: Since apparently we're all misunderstanding your meaning, maybe you should explain to us in which situations you feel that a man "deserves it".

But ok, you say you meant it in a purely physical context, but the truth is, there can be emotional abuse without physical, but very rarely, if ever, can there be physical abuse without emotional. I remember going out a date with my wife and another couple (a friend and his wife), it felt really tense so I asked if everything was ok and her bitch of a wife replied "Yeah Patrick, tell your friends how you're wanting to leave me because you're feeling all pussy whipped but don't have the balls to do anything about it". At that point I think the guy would have preferred if she had just punched him in the face instead.

Besides, let's not be hypocritical here...you stated "I personally can't find it within me to sympathize with a man who can't fend for himself a against a woman except for extreme cases such as when the woman is armed or when the man is disabled to mentally/psychologically unstable". So unless weakling or disabled he's earned it. On your second post you leave it vague with "if a man cannot take on a woman for no valid reason" but your first post seem to indicate those valid reasons from your perspective, so I don't see how telling me to re-read your post is doing anything for your cause...

Weave it as you may, I don't think it's ever fair to say anybody, man or woman deserves to be abused, unless they abused their partner first, and even then, 2 wrongs don't make a right. yes, it is unfortunate that both sexes seem to have so much trouble leaving such an environment, but that's not the same as "deserving it". Feel no sympathy, that's on you, but don't condone it...that's just being a decent human.

A man deserves it inasmuch as someone who did not study deserves to fail a test. You're interpreting the word deserve erroneously here. No one deserves evil if he/she didn't do evil. But life is unfair and you will be inevitably subjected to evil and to undeserved wrongdoing. Part of survival is to learn how to fend for yourself. If you failed in that, it doesn't mean that you justly deserve it;rather, it simply means that you failed and you will unfortunately have to suffer the consequences. That or you will attempt to change a status quo that persisted since the dawn of history in which case good luck.

When I said "from a purely physical perspective" I wasn't trying to confine the discussion to physical abuse. Instead, I was referring to the pure comparison of physical strength. Biologically speaking, men are superior to women in terms of physical strength. With that said, if a man despite that edge cannot take on a woman then I think its pitiful. Those reasons that I were talking about are also related to that pure comparison of physical strength; reasons such as medical conditions, disabilities, mental instability, psychological issues...etc that would undermine the man's physical strength. So it is apparent to me that you're misapprehending the vast majority of what I said, hence why I said reread my posts.

But since you brought up Patrick, let me comment on that. Is his wife a bitch? Absolutely she's a **** too. Is Patrick a wuss? Affirmative. Does that mean I condone his wife's insolence and abuse? No. Its really simple.

You keep bringing up the issue of abuse even though I didn't touch on that at all. What gives? You also automatically confined the discussion to couples and relationships. Where did that too come from? But again I shall briefly comment on that. I feel no sympathy because I'm disdainful of apologism not because I condone abuse. If someone for no reason other than being a weakling, indolent individual with little self-worth would set back and receive abuse in acquiescence without having the decency towards himself/herself to try and do something about it, why should I be the one who cares? Isn't that pretty much the same as that obesity discussion we were having yesterday?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GazaAli

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

So you see a bunch of people have a negative reaction to something you say and your immediate response is to suggest that everyone ELSE is detached from reality?

Wow, just wow....

Why are they entitled to their negative reaction while at the same time I'm not entitled to my retaliation?

Wow, just wow....

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LostProphetFLCL

@Renevent42 said:

Yup, there's a double standard. With that said, I kinda understand why there is one and almost feel it's acceptable. I mean, I don't think it's Ok for a woman to hit a man but to me there's a difference between a woman chasing a dude around giving him a smack, and man doing the same to a woman. It is about physicality, and even if it's a little sexist I think there's a practicality to it.

An example...my wife could give it her best shot and try to kick my ass...the reality is even if I barely fought back (ie just trying to restrain her) she would barely be able to hurt me. Me on the other hand? I could literally beat her to death without a whole lot of effort. Even if I only punched her a couple times, the physical/mental threat I impose over her is orders of magnitudes greater than any physical threat she could impose on me. There's going to be exceptions of course, but the vast majority of couples are like this.

So with that reality, is a woman hitting a man less of an offense than a man hitting a woman? I personally think so. I wouldn't say it's right, or ideal, but I understand why the double standard exists and I do think it has it's basis in reality/biology.

I love the way people underestimate women so bad...

As a male CNA I have found it hilarious when I specifically get called on to do heavy lifting. I am an overweight man who is only 5 foot 3, yet I will get called on just because I am a man.

It is funny to me because being a CNA already means that you have some strength. We lift people everyday in our job. Sometimes we are moving around people who way 300+ pounds. The profession is one that is overwhelmingly dominated by women too. I am the only male aide on my shift. There is actually only 3 of us male aides there in total now out of probably close to 50 total aides on staff.

You see some of these girls there who are short and super scrawny looking, but they do not have any trouble moving people around which is why I find it ridiculous when I get called on for something just being a guy.

I bet you the women I work with could take someone down if they needed to. They are VERY strong even when they don't look it.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GazaAli

@jasean79 said:

@GazaAli: then deeliman made the statement that there is a considerable number of men who aren't strong enough to defend themselves against a woman, which is something I though to be absurd.

I don't know how things are in your country, but women over here are pretty vicious when it comes to physical confrontations (Hispanic women are a prime example of this). Sure, they may not always outweigh us men in terms of size and strength, but a certain hit to a certain area can render us helpless.

Where I come from, women are almost entirely helpless physically. I'm not sure if culture can really influence that but maybe you're right. I mean I can see where you're coming from and it does not coincide at all with women here.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LostProphetFLCL
@GazaAli said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

Wow, just wow....

Why are they entitled to their negative reaction while at the same time I'm not entitled to my retaliation?

Wow, just wow....

It's not retaliation you are doing. You are showing yourself to be seriously delusional here.

When you have a bunch of people harping on you about something, you should be first considering that you might be doing something wrong. To have your immediate reaction be to declare everyone else is out of touch with reality just makes me you look insane.

Quite frankly psychiatric facilities are filled with people who know great truths that no one else knows...

Avatar image for RenegadePatriot
RenegadePatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RenegadePatriot
Member since 2007 • 20815 Posts

The world is full of double standards unfortunately.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Renevent42 said:

I love the way people underestimate women so bad...

As a male CNA I have found it hilarious when I specifically get called on to do heavy lifting. I am an overweight man who is only 5 foot 3, yet I will get called on just because I am a man.

It is funny to me because being a CNA already means that you have some strength. We lift people everyday in our job. Sometimes we are moving around people who way 300+ pounds. The profession is one that is overwhelmingly dominated by women too. I am the only male aide on my shift. There is actually only 3 of us male aides there in total now out of probably close to 50 total aides on staff.

You see some of these girls there who are short and super scrawny looking, but they do not have any trouble moving people around which is why I find it ridiculous when I get called on for something just being a guy.

I bet you the women I work with could take someone down if they needed to. They are VERY strong even when they don't look it.

I was in the military and worked along side many brave and physically fit women. These are women who among being much more fit than your average civilian female, and are trained in combat. As much as I respect these women, they would have been decimated by the majority of the males in our units. It wouldn't even be a competition.

We are a diametrically opposed species. As much as some people want to pretend we are not, it's simply a fact.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GazaAli

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@GazaAli said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

Wow, just wow....

Wow, just wow....

It's not retaliation you are doing. You are showing yourself to be seriously delusional here.

When you have a bunch of people harping on you about something, you should be first considering that you might be doing something wrong. To have your immediate reaction be to declare everyone else is out of touch with reality just makes me you look insane.

Quite frankly psychiatric facilities are filled with people who know great truths that no one else knows...

Which is something I did with a couple of posts that addressed something that actually made sense.

And now you're accusing me with insanity and mental illnesses, which is ironic considering your original reply and my original rant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli: I guess we just have different realities. I've done martial arts, won championships, beaten men and women in tournaments, so I think I CAN overpower most women and probably a great percentage of the men. Being able to and doing something are 2 separate things, though. I have my reasons not to hit women. Would I stay with a woman like the aforementioned Patrick's wife? Hell no, but I wouldn't hit her either (in theory...you can never be 100% sure of what you would or wouldn't do until you're there, all you have until then is your moral code). But your quickness to judge is amazing. You automatically called Patrick a wuss, but do you have any freaking clue what is situation is? He has 3 kids and he's recently unemployed, she's rich and has family outside of the country. He has very little chance of getting custody of the kids and if she claims abuse (whether he did or not) he can just say goodbye to his kids, so his love for his kids is bigger than his love of his ego. Is it the right thing to do? That's not up to me to decide but your comment was another example for the "talking out of your ass" I referred on my first post.

We judge everyone, especially people who don't live in accordance with our values, but your tendency to condemn them is shocking to me, and maybe I'm judging you too (and I apologise) but would it hurt to be a little more sympathetic towards your fellow human beings? And to answer your question, no, it's not the same as the discussion about obese people; in one case they're doing it to themselves, in this case they're harming other people.

You also say you didn't mention abuse but did you somehow miss the topic of this thread? Also you say you weren't referring to couples or relationships. Were you discussion muggings then? Women approaching a stranger and slapping him? Maybe bullying? Where do you think most situations of abuse (see OP) happen?

You say

"No one deserves evil if he/she didn't do evil."

"Part of survival is to learn how to fend for yourself. If you failed in that, it doesn't mean that you justly deserve it"

"I'd say let him get his ass handed to him he kind of deserves it."

"if a man despite that edge cannot take on a woman then I think its pitiful"

So which one is it? With posts like these I'm starting to understand why thegerg feels the need to dissect people's posts; most make no sense...

You also seem to be of the opinion that "is not able to" and "is not willing to" mean the same. I'm trying to understand your point of view, I really am, but the only message I'm getting is a "survival of the fittest"; you either dominate or it's your fault.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Just call the cops and let them sort it out. With smartphones all over the place, someone is bound to show a video of what took place. I've seen instances in the show "Cops" where the female was obviously the aggressor and ended being the one arrested.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I love aggressive women.

I dont even mind them getting a bit heavy handed as long as I know deep downs she