Dog kills cat, cat owner shoots dogs, dog owner shoots cat owner, police shoo...

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by loco145 (10791 posts) -

LENOIR, N.C. -- The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office and state agents are investigating after five people were shot, one fatally, Wednesday night.

The shooting began around 11 p.m. at two homes on Grandin Road near Blue Creek Road in an area called Kings Creek, north of Lenoir.

Officials say it started as an argument when one man's dog killed his neighbor's cat. The neighbor then shot the dog, prompting the dog's owner to shoot his 50-year-old neighbor and the neighbor's 8-year-old daughter. They are in fair and good condition, respectively.

"My daughter was across the road," said Tammie Roberts, a neighbor of the shooter. "When she walked across the road, she heard the first gunshot."

"It was very terrifying hearing all the gunshots," she added, saying her family took cover.

When sheriff's deputies came out to investigate, the man who shot the father and daughter began shooting at them. One deputy was hit multiple times and was flown to Carolinas Medical Center for treatment. He is expected to be released Friday.

Another deputy was hit in the arm. He was treated at a nearby hospital and released.

Deputies eventually moved in on the shooter, and more shots were fired, resulting in the suspect's death. Sheriff's officials believe he was struck in the gunfire.

Source.

If only the cat was properly armed all this could have been avoided.

#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Wow, that's kinda funny, in a sad way though.

#3 Posted by Citrus25 (2466 posts) -
Everyone is killing everyone.
#4 Posted by The_Sixer (244 posts) -

Cat Owner's fault, in my opinion. A cat should always stay indoors.

#5 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -

Wow, that's kinda funny, in a sad way though.

Legendaryscmt
Yeh...this is why we should give cats guns :D
#6 Posted by Dark__Link (32653 posts) -
Cats suck.
#7 Posted by Sway- (1371 posts) -
It should of ended when the Cat owner killed the dog. The dog deserved it. I am more of a dog person but thats what it gets. It killed the cat and it payed for it.
#8 Posted by Horgen (110168 posts) -
That cat got owned
#9 Posted by CatMasterClaude (124 posts) -

Cats suck.Dark__Link

#10 Posted by matisrock (679 posts) -

This is the most violent Rube Goldberg contraption ever!

#11 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -
thats what i call tragic comedy
#12 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

thats what i call tragic comedyFUBAR24

Everyone knows that comedy is dead.

Tragedy, now that's funny.

#13 Posted by --Anna-- (4493 posts) -

Hmm....I thought it was a UKT: "universally known truth"....that you never kill a man's dog. I guess not.

#14 Posted by black_cat19 (8212 posts) -

The_Sixer

Why shouldn't cats be allowed to go outside? :?

Anyway, I don't think it was justified for the cat's owner to shoot the dog (I'd probably have done the same if it was my cat, though), but seriously, shooting both the owner AND his daughter in retaliation, and then shooting police officers just for showing up to investigate? :|

I'm glad the guy got killed...

#15 Posted by Ontain (25498 posts) -
It should of ended when the Cat owner killed the dog. The dog deserved it. I am more of a dog person but thats what it gets. It killed the cat and it payed for it.Sway-
depends. if the cat went onto the dog owner's property and the dog attacked the cat I wouldn't say it was the dog's fault.
#16 Posted by The_Sixer (244 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Sixer"]

black_cat19

Anyway, I don't think it was justified for the cat's owner to shoot the dog (I'd probably have done the same if it was my cat, though), but seriously, shooting both the owner AND his daughter in retaliation, and then shooting police officers just for showing up to investigate? :|

Cat's just roam the neighbourhood, a fence isn't going to keep them in like a dog. The cat obviously roamed into the neighbours yard where the dog was. Cats become very violent creatures as well when they are outside, they mark their territory, and if you enter that territory they tell you to gtfo.

#17 Posted by _en1gma_ (14934 posts) -

This reminds me of KOTOR

#18 Posted by IZoMBiEI (6477 posts) -

lol the south is just so backwards. freaking weird.

#19 Posted by thegamemonkey (3234 posts) -

This almost sounds like something from the onion news.

#20 Posted by zakkro (48823 posts) -
Reminds me of an episode of CSI... but stranger. Oh well, truth is stranger than fiction. :roll:
#21 Posted by black_cat19 (8212 posts) -

[QUOTE="black_cat19"]

[QUOTE="The_Sixer"]

The_Sixer

Cat's just roam the neighbourhood, a fence isn't going to keep them in like a dog. The cat obviously roamed into the neighbours yard where the dog was. Cats become very violent creatures as well when they are outside, they mark their territory, and if you enter that territory they tell you to gtfo.

My girlfriend has a cat that spends most of it's time outside (when it's not inside sleeping), and it's never caused any trouble...

And I said shooting the dog wasn't justified, it probably strayed into the dogs territory, but that doesn't mean it was justified to shoot all those people for it, either.

#22 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

Wow. I feel bad for the 8-year old, I am glad she is ok though.

#23 Posted by Infinite-Zr0 (13284 posts) -
Proof that fact is stranger than fiction.
#24 Posted by siddarthshetty (9462 posts) -

I never thought something like this would happen...:(

#25 Posted by GTA_dude (18355 posts) -

The_Sixer
No they shouldn't. Cats need to go outside just as much as dogs. My cat spends as much time outside as she spends inside. She also uses the bathroom outside, so we dont have to deal with a litter box.
#26 Posted by _Tobli_ (5733 posts) -

Cats become very violent creatures as well when they are outside,. The_Sixer

Ehm..... I don't believe this is true. Since my own experience with my cats,and everything i know about cat behaviour would indicate otherwise.

#27 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
Cats suck.Dark__Link
Don't make me shoot you :x
#28 Posted by JimCarreyForYou (2606 posts) -
Cats suck.Dark__Link

The_Sixer
Agree with this posts and yeah sad and funny? I guess.
#29 Posted by mastersword007 (6630 posts) -

While the news is horrible, I couldn't resist chuckling.

#30 Posted by foxhound_fox (89427 posts) -

Good thing that the only person to die was the idiot who first picked up the gun and started popping caps.

#31 Posted by GettingTired (5994 posts) -

Good thing that the only person to die was the idiot who first picked up the gun and started popping caps.

foxhound_fox
Erm, except the cats owner fired the first shot and he's alive.
#32 Posted by legend26 (16010 posts) -

thats what i call tragic comedyFUBAR24

:lol:

i dont know weather to laugh or facepalm

#33 Posted by foxhound_fox (89427 posts) -

Erm, except the cats owner fired the first shot and he's alive.GettingTired

It was? Damn... it was so confusing... >_>

Then it was unfortunate that one of the two idiots started by popping caps and then the second of the two retaliated.

#34 Posted by tofu-lion91 (13481 posts) -
Reminds me of an episode of CSI... but stranger. Oh well, truth is stranger than fiction. :roll:zakkro
I saw an episode where this couple were trying to kill ground squirrels and one of the squirrels bit through a wire in their house that burned a rug that released cynide which killed the couple. It was a WTF episode o_O
#35 Posted by 194197844077667059316682358889 (49173 posts) -
[QUOTE="zakkro"]Reminds me of an episode of CSI... but stranger. Oh well, truth is stranger than fiction. :roll:tofu-lion91
I saw an episode where this couple were trying to kill ground squirrels and one of the squirrels bit through a wire in their house that burned a rug that released cynide which killed the couple. It was a WTF episode o_O

Squirrels fight dirty, even resorting to chemical gas attacks :( DAMN YOU, CHEMICAL SQUIRRE-LI
#36 Posted by angelkimne (14037 posts) -

This reminds me of KOTOR

_en1gma_
lolwut? :?
#37 Posted by Chaos_HL21 (5287 posts) -

[QUOTE="GettingTired"]Erm, except the cats owner fired the first shot and he's alive.foxhound_fox

It was? Damn... it was so confusing... >_>

Then it was unfortunate that one of the two idiots started by popping caps and then the second of the two retaliated.

We are not sure what happened. Maybe the dog was about to attack the guys 8-year-old daughter. Now the actions of the dog owner is unquestionably worng, not only shooting the guy and his daughter, but two deputies, and from what the story tells he got into a firefight with other deputies.

#38 Posted by Norg (15959 posts) -

so who shot the police ..........

#39 Posted by sarahxox (957 posts) -

The_Sixer

It is the cat owners fault... for shooting the other guys dog! Why would you retaliate by shooting the dog :?

Bet he messed his pants tho when the the other guy pulled out a gun lol

#40 Posted by angelkimne (14037 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Sixer"]

sarahxox

It is the cat owners fault... for shooting the other guys dog! Why would you retaliate by shooting the dog :?

No, it's the dogs fault for killing the cat. :P
#41 Posted by Chaos_HL21 (5287 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Sixer"]

sarahxox

Maybe the dog was about to attack his 8-year-old daughter, who the dog owner also shot as well as two police officers.

#42 Posted by xscott1018 (1266 posts) -
it's pretty funny to hear that.
#43 Posted by Nifty_Shark (13137 posts) -

dog kills cat is where it should end. Owner of the dog gets dog his bone and owner of the cat finds a better cat. End and move on but noooo... *sigh*

#44 Posted by HillyBilly (31446 posts) -
That sounds like quite the wild event.
#45 Posted by Hungry_bunny (14293 posts) -
There is no right or wrong side in this, they're both out of their minds. I feel for the daughter and the police officers who got pulled into this... oh, and I feel for the cat and dog too >.>
#46 Posted by sarahxox (957 posts) -

[QUOTE="sarahxox"]

[QUOTE="The_Sixer"]

Chaos_HL21

Maybe the dog was about to attack his 8-year-old daughter, who the dog owner also shot as well as two police officers.

Yeah maybe, says she was across the road tho. Its not very clear. Im sure if they guys dog went to attack the girl the report would have said it.

#47 Posted by Lockedge (16794 posts) -

The_Sixer
Not so. However, all cats, when outdoors, should DEFINITELY be on a leash(same goes for dogs, unless a fenced area would suffice). There's no excuse. You can get a really long leash so your cat can waltz around. If outside without a leash on it, you have no reason to complain if something unfortunate happens to it. Anywho, an unfortunate event that could have been prevented if both owners followed logic and reason.
#48 Posted by BumFluff122 (14853 posts) -

welcome to America. Where even the cats should be armed.

#49 Posted by xxxAdvocatexxx (1797 posts) -

Well thats one less stupid person in this world or was that two.

#50 Posted by scorch-62 (29741 posts) -
There is no right or wrong side in this, they're both out of their minds. I feel for the daughter and the police officers who got pulled into this... oh, and I feel for the cat and dog too >.>Hungry_bunny
Take out the cat and I agree. I hate cats... furry little bastards.