Does Whey Protein help you at running or your heart or something like that ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Merc009 (2616 posts) -
Before i used to breathe through my mouth when i ran and i've been drinking whey protein for 3 days and lifting weights and now I breathe through my nose and feel like i just did 30 jumpingjacks instead of getting dizzy and feeling like dying, I feel way better after running compared to what i used to feel before
#2 Posted by vidplayer8 (18544 posts) -
It helps build muscle.
#3 Posted by Mr47fitter (2273 posts) -

Before i used to breathe through my mouth when i ran and i've been drinking whey protein for 3 days and lifting weights and now I breathe through my nose and feel like i just did 30 jumpingjacks instead of getting dizzy and feeling like dying, I feel way better after running compared to what i used to feel beforeMerc009

Its called getting in shape.

#4 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

dunno but I need to start using my legs to excersise. Trouble is I don't want to go to the gym, and jogging in my town makes you look guilty to coppers and a target for yobs.

I have been hitting weights a lot since christmas and I can notice a small difference in my arms.

#5 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
It helps build muscle...it's a supplement.
#6 Posted by peicher (18945 posts) -
Breathing through your mouth is what was making you feel so bad...you're supposed to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth when you run. If you breathe in through the mouth you're doing yourself a great disservice.
#7 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

Breathing through your mouth is what was making you feel so bad...you're supposed to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth when you run. If you breathe in through the mouth you're doing yourself a great disservice.peicher

I didn't know that. How come? Is it because of reused air or something?

#8 Posted by GTA_dude (18355 posts) -
It helps build muscle, thats all I know about it. Thus, why I've been using it for the past month.
#9 Posted by unholymight (3378 posts) -
It helps increase the size of your nose-breathing muscles.
#10 Posted by peicher (18945 posts) -

[QUOTE="peicher"]Breathing through your mouth is what was making you feel so bad...you're supposed to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth when you run. If you breathe in through the mouth you're doing yourself a great disservice.Leejjohno

Breathing through the nose allows you to control your breathing much more easily, and rhythm is very important, such as breathe in 2 steps out 2 steps, or in 3 out 2, etc.. Also, the nose filters the air as it goes through, taking out some impurities and even warming it up, which is very important in cold weather :) Also you'll find that you get a lot less cramps when breathing in thru the nose and out the mouth.

#11 Posted by kemar7856 (11512 posts) -
wut? how could u even think this
#12 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="peicher"]Breathing through your mouth is what was making you feel so bad...you're supposed to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth when you run. If you breathe in through the mouth you're doing yourself a great disservice.peicher

Breathing through the nose allows you to control your breathing much more easily, and rhythm is very important, such as breathe in 2 steps out 2 steps, or in 3 out 2, etc.. Also, the nose filters the air as it goes through, taking out some impurities and even warming it up, which is very important in cold weather :) Also you'll find that you get a lot less cramps when breathing in thru the nose and out the mouth.

Ahhh.. I see, I must try doing that sometime. Remembering will be difficult though. Maybe somebody should even do it as an experiment in various ways.

1 with in nose out mouth

2 with in mouth out nose

3 with in and out mouth

4 with in and out nose

5 with anaerobic respiration only :P

and then record how it feels with each. Just make sure whoever does it does 5 last.

#13 Posted by Tobin09 (1579 posts) -
Breathing through your mouth is what was making you feel so bad...you're supposed to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth when you run. If you breathe in through the mouth you're doing yourself a great disservice.peicher
I breath in/out through both at the same time.
#14 Posted by jcopp72 (5341 posts) -
it helps for working out weather its running or lifting or whatever. it helps build muscle