Does the price of sneakers/boots bother you?

#1 Edited by uninspiredcup (8672 posts) -

Generally, i'v always just bought the cheapest shit I can get. Boots have lasted me 3 years now.

How about you? Do you agonize over Adidas, Nike and Reebok and what not or just buy whatever looks decent price wise?

I remember in school, if you didn't have Adidasor Nike sneekers (trainers) you would generally get mocked.

Silly.

#2 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1750 posts) -

I'd imagine this only bothers unemployed people.

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (8672 posts) -

@4myAmuzumament said:

I'd imagine this only bothers unemployed people.

But Gabe Newells a billionare and practically wears a £5 shirt and £10 pair of jeans. Even to 90% of press events in which he generally stands next to gentlemen in thousand dollar suits.

This just seems like vague stereotyping. Most likely wrong as well I'd bet.

#4 Edited by indzman (17824 posts) -

For sports shoe i use converse , cheap and its in style. Used all costly NIKES , REEBOCKS, ADIDAS before , all get dirty / sole comes off within a year. For Casual i use Red Tape , cheap yet elegant.

#5 Edited by lamprey263 (23959 posts) -

I pretty much just wear Crocs, I'm one of those people, they last forever and they're cheap.

My normal shoes tend to wear out quick along the inside of my shoe, I go through shoes too quick, that plus the cost of shoes bugs me.

#6 Posted by tocool340 (20521 posts) -

Only bothers me when much cheaper shoes seem to hold together much longer than some of those REAL expensive boots and shoes. Nothing like spending $75+ on name brand shoes only to have some $20 or less boots/shoes last a hell of a lot longer...

#7 Posted by indzman (17824 posts) -

@tocool340 said:

Only bothers me when much cheaper shoes seem to hold together much longer than some of those REAL expensive boots and shoes. Nothing like spending $75+ on name brand shoes only to have some $20 or less boots/shoes last a hell of a lot longer...

So True. Also ... if a cheap shoes tears off within a year , dosen't hurt pocket so much but if a costly shoe tears off soon it hurts pockets ... lol ...

#8 Edited by sukraj (22800 posts) -

I buy what I want to buy

#9 Edited by thegerg (15268 posts) -

no

#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8507 posts) -

My shoes are usually like 50-70 bucks then it's buy 1 get 1 50% off so I buy 2 pairs for 100-130 bucks and that lasts me almost 2 years. My work boots are like 200 bucks but my company pays half and the other half comes out of paycheck like 5 bucks a pay so I don't even notice.

#11 Edited by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I pretty much just wear Crocs, I'm one of those people, they last forever and they're cheap.

#12 Edited by slateman_basic (3978 posts) -

No. My feet are important. I'm willing to spend good money to keep from getting injured.

#13 Edited by Master_Live (14662 posts) -

No.

#14 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

shoes are essentially a fabric wrapped around a rubber sole. Im not gonna pay above market value for a rubber sole. Frankly when all the shit is made in china, the quality argument goes out the window. People who pay $100 for a pair of shoes made in china, are damn morons.

#15 Edited by GazaAli (22858 posts) -

Yes, yes it does. Even where I live a decent quality pair of sneakers/shoes is outrageously pricey. Get ready to have your wallet broken if you get near brands sneakers: Addidas, Nikes...etc. They're just shoes, we use them for the most degrading function of stepping on dirt all day long.

#16 Posted by thegerg (15268 posts) -

@BeardMaster said:

shoes are essentially a fabric wrapped around a rubber sole. Im not gonna pay above market value for a rubber sole. Frankly when all the shit is made in china, the quality argument goes out the window. People who pay $100 for a pair of shoes made in china, are damn morons.

Either that, or they're buying a quality pair of shoes that suits their purpose well. Running is my favorite pastime/hobby. To me it makes sense to invest good money in a good pair of shoes. The fact that some shoes are made in China has no bearing on that.

#17 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

No but I see that it bothers people that wear the same shitty pair of shoes every day.

#18 Posted by Aljosa23 (24984 posts) -

Nope. I like looking good.

#19 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

I like having good footwear. I also know how to have appropriate footwear for the occasion and clean and take of my stuff so I am not just killing shoes. Plus if you know where to look you never have to pay full price. You may not have the top selling, latest line, hottest color, but you can get Just as good a pair by the same company just by shopping around a little.

#20 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

bothers me idiots are will pay $200 just because it has a logo on it...

#21 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16152 posts) -

I buy relatively cheap Sketchers, Reeboks, and no-name Walmart brands depending on use. The latter is for yard work and dirty/muddy stuff. Reeboks are usually my gym shoes. Sketchers I normally wear for most other functions like going to the mall.

#22 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

I bought a pair of SUPRA Vaiders last year and it still looks and feels practically new. A bit pricey when not on the rack but I would say it was worth the investment. Waxed laces, sturdy tongue, tough shoe welt that doesn't melt or scuff up. Shoe feels like it was made out of nano fibers.

Not much of a discoloration either.

#23 Edited by Celldrax (14607 posts) -

All I literally wear is just some cheap steel cap boots (which lasts me for years) until I need another pair.

#24 Edited by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

I'd like some of those bright colored Nike frees or whatever but I won't pay $100 for them.

But to be totally honest, most of my stuff comes from secondhand stores or yard sales. Lots of people get stuff and decide they don't like it or are given it as gifts and it just goes straight to the thrift store. I found my sister a pair of Nike frees at a garage sale that had never been worn for a dollar.

I do agree, though, prices for clothing are getting ridiculous for what you get. Don't even get me started on the price of underoos and socks.

#25 Posted by Behardy24 (4217 posts) -

I don't buy shoes often, so I could careless.

#26 Edited by Cyberdot (3537 posts) -

Petrol prices bothers me.

(Gasoline... for my friends across the pond)

#27 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I mainly buy Nikes, but I've recently started buying Adidas as well, because they're cheap. I remember back in junior high school, students would harshly joke on those who didn't wear name-brand sneakers (and clothes). One day, I decided to wear a pair of "Airbus" sneakers, which my father bought, and I was joked on relentlessly by other students. It was terrible.

#28 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Shoes are one of two clothing items I will not cheap out on (jackets being the other). With that, I almost always order them on Amazon at steep discounts though.

#29 Edited by TruthTellers (3397 posts) -

I think the price of clothes in general is high, but when all those clothes have to be shipped over an ocean to be sold, yeah, things are going to get pricey. But honestly, how many pairs of pants and shirts does one really need? You can only wear one pair of clothes at a time...

#30 Edited by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

My parents bought me a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars for 50$. They are probably the most uncomfortable pair of shoes one can buy, but at least they look cool.

I will be more than happy to spend 100$+ for a good pair of Borns or Clarks. They just last forever and they are the most comfortable types of shoes I've ever owned.

#31 Edited by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

I will spend money on good shoes that will last a long time and be comfortable the whole time.

#32 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16152 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Generally, i'v always just bought the cheapest shit I can get. Boots have lasted me 3 years now.

How about you? Do you agonize over Adidas, Nike and Reebok and what not or just buy whatever looks decent price wise?

I remember in school, if you didn't have Adidasor Nike sneekers (trainers) you would generally get mocked.

Silly.

$50-$60? Nah. That's about right for me. For really dirty work? I have the $15-$20 Wal-Mart specials.