Does Netflix have enough anime shows?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by slipknot0129 (5492 posts) -

Does Netflix have enough anime shows to form an opinion about what makes a good or bad anime? I watched Claymore and think thats the most amazing anime Ive ever watched. I'd say it one

of the best anime's. Its made me want to watch other anime on Netflix and see if I find a gem like I did by watching Claymore. Im not liking how most anime on Netflix has a girl as the lead charactor.

#2 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29395 posts) -
Netflix has some good anime definitely, stuff like Monster and Spice and Wolf. Not that familiar with it's selection though, and it depends on what you're looking for.
#3 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
it has too many, they should ax that section
#4 Posted by Blue-Sky (10333 posts) -

I recommend CrunchyRoll is you want to pay for streaming anime. They get new shows right after they air in Japan.

#5 Posted by slipknot0129 (5492 posts) -

I recommend CrunchyRoll is you want to pay for streaming anime. They get new shows right after they air in Japan.

Blue-Sky

I dont like subtitles though.

#6 Posted by Blue-Sky (10333 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

slipknot0129

I dont like subtitles though.

For anime? I don't know, very few anime have good english dubs. Most of the take me right out of the show, especially female voices.

#7 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Netflix isn't weeaboo central, sorry.
#8 Posted by benleslie5 (7879 posts) -

The UK Netflix doesn't have much I did watch the Afro Samurai series on it and The Disappearanc of Haruhi Suzumiya

#9 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -
it has too many, they should ax that sectionZumaJones07
agreed
#10 Posted by Dark_Knight6 (16619 posts) -

The selection of anime is pretty decent. Major problem is, last I checked, there's no option for the original audio track.

#11 Posted by BATTOSAI76 (4084 posts) -

They've got quite a bit of stuff, although much of it can be seen on Funimation.

#12 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23865 posts) -

anime like everything else is about 95% crap. netflix has a ton but very few are all that great or anything i would ever recomend.

they are mostly panty shot boy fantasy as opposed to anything important or that makes anime look like an artform as opposed to just typical pop culture trash.

netflix basically is no grave of the firefly or naussica but plenty of highschool alien fashion model by day vampire hunter by night garbage.

#13 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6251 posts) -

I'd say they do plenty of good anime shows on there but its all dubbed and I personally can't stand watching dubbed anime series other then a select few series like Dragonball Z and Full Metal Alchemist so I don't watch any anime netflix offers. I mostly just want to watch the new anime series airing each season subtitled in english so I get my anime fix mostly on crunchyroll.com and some other sites like as www.niconico.com and theanimenetwork.com

#14 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

I would rather use Crunchyroll over Netflix for anime.

#15 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Netflix isn't weeaboo central, sorry.NiKva
looool, in come the haters, and for no apparent reason too. :lol:

#16 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Some say it has too much

while others argue that the amount is not enough

but to form an opinion on it, I would say yes