Does it bother or flatter you when people copy you?

#1 Posted by HipHopBeats (2852 posts) -

I mean like friends, family, your girl / boyfriend, people close to you. I generally despise copycats and people with no sense of originality. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

#2 Posted by thegerg (14414 posts) -

no

#3 Posted by SOedipus (6757 posts) -

It depends on the person.

#4 Posted by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

i think it all depends on the situation. If people are learning from you or buys items because they like it too, I don't really see it being a copycat.

#5 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15821 posts) -

That's part of family life. My youngest kid tends to copy her eldest sister. She also copies me whenever I try to render Jingle Bells with my arm pit. I let her. It's just a phase which she'll outgrow.

#6 Posted by deeliman (2255 posts) -

Inb4 someone copying this thread

#7 Posted by jasean79 (2286 posts) -

Copying, how? Like mannerisms, jokes, stories you tell? I guess I would take that as flattery in that they look up to me enough that they want to be like me. :)

#8 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10042 posts) -

no one copies me.

#9 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

If its someone I value and respect, which happens virtually never, then I feel quite flattered. Otherwise it bugs the shit out of me.

#10 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25804 posts) -

I feel flattered if it is someone I think is cool and admirable. But if its someone who is doing it to experience the life I'm having and they're stealing it away it will annoy me. I know that's kind of selfish to say that my actions are my own but it kind of feels like someone is taking my work away.

#11 Posted by jasean79 (2286 posts) -

I feel flattered if it is someone I think is cool and admirable. But if its someone who is doing it to experience the life I'm having and they're stealing it away it will annoy me. I know that's kind of selfish to say that my actions are my own but it kind of feels like someone is taking my work away.

Can you give an example of what you mean by this?

#12 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16480 posts) -
#13 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2150 posts) -

Nobody copies a loser such as myself

#14 Posted by BranKetra (47523 posts) -

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

#15 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

No nobody copies me.

#16 Posted by Iszdope (9430 posts) -

It mowstly scares me.

Mowstly.

#17 Posted by Mercuria1_King (273 posts) -

A little bit of both.

#18 Posted by comp_atkins (31109 posts) -

eh. i don't care. everyone copies everyone while at the same time everyone thinks they're original.

#19 Edited by -Blasphemy- (2893 posts) -

its flattering and i love it! makes me feel special and makes me want to do more crazy stuff just to see if they will do what i do. i used to love it when this girl i liked did it all the time. man dont think i will ever get over how i messed things up with her. :(

#20 Posted by ChuRsiBilLa (59 posts) -