Does Gamestop take checks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

So stimulus checks start coming out tomorrow and I hope to get a PS3 this week. However there is a $400 / day limit on my checking account, and I want to get the PS3 and a game or two.... So, does Gamestop take checks?? For some stupid reason a check will go through, but I can only spend $400 / withdraw $400 using my debit card.

Can't wait!!

#2 Posted by vgm007 (20931 posts) -
No, they don't. As far as I know.
#3 Posted by ff7fan2 (31413 posts) -
They do from major banks...however if it's just a local bank, they request to call the bank.
#4 Posted by Wetall_basic (4086 posts) -
Yup, at least ours does.
#5 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

They do from major banks...however if it's just a local bank, they request to call the bank.ff7fan2

Hmm... Maybe I should just go to my bank and withdraw it all in cash then...Will they take $500 cash??? LOL.

#6 Posted by vgm007 (20931 posts) -

[QUOTE="ff7fan2"]They do from major banks...however if it's just a local bank, they request to call the bank.TallicaFan2005

Hmm... Maybe I should just go to my bank and withdraw it all in cash then...Will they take $500 cash??? LOL.

They have no reason to turn down cash, unless it's counterfeit. Just get 5 $100 bills.

#7 Posted by TallicaFan2005 (4126 posts) -

Haha, I guess I was just thinking it might be too muc hfor their drawers, but they should have safes...

Do you think there will be any shortages of systems because of these checks?? LOL, I don't care what anyone says, it'll still help America's economy...I mean Gamestop will take a cut and then it's guranteed that I'll buy more / rent PS3 games all summer. so problem fixed right? Haha.

You'd think places would be having stimulus check sales...I mean it's like Christmas, millions of people are supposedly going to go out and buy the stuff they've been saving for.

#8 Posted by cryptosopoidium (16281 posts) -
i don't think they do, be better off asking site enhancements and feedback.
#9 Posted by themufanman (535 posts) -

idk they probably do i think:|

#10 Posted by CheddarLimbo (3909 posts) -

Why don't you just call the Gamestop you're planning on visiting?

They'd be able to tell you more accurately than a bunch of strangers who don't even know what state (or country, for that matter) you live in.

And the stimulus program is a mistake - it's a stall tactic at best. Only a recession will provide the painful but necessary correction the US economy needs.