Does gamespot have a Jewish bias?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

Earlier I attended a Passover Seder event in 2012

And I created a topic claiming that I was bullied at the event and attempting to discuss a discussion.

In reality it was just the event was somewhat segregated in terms of composition (although to be fair it was probably because the Jewish people knew each other). The only other non-jewish "white" people were these two women making a joke of the event. Although to be fair the religion does denigrate women but in the event they made clear that their interpretation of the religion did not so it was a tad disrespectful.

Again I was invited to the event. Along with my other post this was an exaggeration of the reality.

The real question though is why can topics be made ridiculing Islam yet if you make a topic making fun of Judaism which is basically the foundation of the other two religions (extremely funny from a Christian perspective) than you get modded?

In addition to this attacking antisemitism on neogaf gets you banned.

I am not perfect but I did not expect my real name, address or whatever to be used against me when just providing a picture that I posted which gamespot removed.

I had numerous accounts and do not want any money I have earned with my postings online. I am looking for a job atm because working does work for me. I make fun of myself but part of the irony here is that it is an incredibly arrogant and self centered thing to do. I was not pretending to be anyone upon mocking myself and do not appreciate the breach of trust as a user of gamespot where administrators would compromise my accounts.

Also you do not blame the victim... If you are going to bring up my numerous accounts.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What the **** are you taliking about ?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I've tried to read this four times and attempted to link it to the topic title but so far my only reply to this is as followed.

"......Wha?"

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Go ahead, make the discussion you wanted about that discussion. It is hard to get moderated on Gamespot, so give it a try.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I'd offer to help with your problem but I honestly can't figure out what you're trying to say...

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

It's probably closer to the truth to say that there's an established "world view" in OT, and that anybody who ruffles too many feathers by contesting that world view too stridently will be branded as a "troll". That's problematic, of course, because people can be banned if they're deemed to be deliberate and inveterate trolls. The net result is an increasingly insular community that's increasingly intolerant of one accepted "truth".

For my part, I've recently found myself getting into more trouble for taking the side of Russia and the separatists in Ukraine than for topics pertaining to Israel and the Middle East.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I think it's time to put away whatever drugs you have been taking.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

"Again I was invited to the event. Along with my other post this was an exaggeration of the reality."

So you weren't invited?

"I did not expect my real name, address or whatever to be used against me"

That happened on this site?

On topic, it varies. There is definitely an anti Islam vibe (can't blame 'em), but pro jew is diff. for each user.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

I'm sorry but GS isn't some kind of religious bias as you'll think they are. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what's your problem here but i'd advise on just don't come to GS, go to a site that fits your needs, go outside and talk to your friends, that's should do the trick.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

I'm glad that I'm not the only one finding it hard to decipher this post.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Okay, you have a good chunk of users wondering what is is you're trying to say. That doesn't make for a good discussion, so I'm simply going to close the thread. If you think I'm being biased, unfair, or anything like that, you are more than welcome to report my actions to mod/administration team and let them know.