does casey anthony being not guilty mean the us court stystem is working?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Does casey anthony being not guilty mean the court system is working? They had no evidence on her. So in the real world they had nothing to prove she was guilty. For her to be guilty that would be like an innocent person being guilty. I think it means the court system is working.

casey

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i have alot of probs with our court system all i'm going to say it failed this time, don't care if she was found innocent by her peers or got a fair trial. Doesn't matter either way, she's going to do interviews and write a book and make that money. While we will never know who really killed that little girl

ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ehhwhatever
Member since 2010 • 1463 Posts
I think it is an old debate faith vs the law. The law says casey is innocent until proven guilty, whereas I wouldn't trust her as far as I can spit.
ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts

Nope. Just shows how corrupt it is. Kinda similar to Gotham City's court system (BM: Begins)

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slipknot0129

i have alot of probs with our court system all i'm going to say it failed this time, don't care if she was found innocent by her peers or got a fair trial. Doesn't matter either way, she's going to do interviews and write a book and make that money. While we will never know who really killed that little girl

Chris_Williams

I think she should make money out of the movie deals that will happen. This trial probably took time out of her life and she deserves it. Makes for a good movie too.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

It worked because the jurors made their decision based on the evidence being presented to them instead of making it based on emotion or what the media was telling them to do. They were sequestered during the trial so they didn't get to hear Nancy Grace's daily opinion on "Casey the Tot Mom." Unfortunately, people who felt the media was a more accurate version of the events automatically decided the jurors were idiots and compared them to the OJ jury. In reality, while some of the jurors probably believed Casey might have killed Caylee there wasn't enough evidence for them to convict. In their eyes (as well as most other people who aren't condemning them) it's better to let a guilty person free than to put an innocent person on death row.

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
hell no.
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

It worked because the jurors made their decision based on the evidence being presented to them instead of making it based on emotion or what the media was telling them to do. They were sequestered during the trial so they didn't get to hear Nancy Grace's daily opinion on "Casey the Tot Mom." Unfortunately, people who felt the media was a more accurate version of the events automatically decided the jurors were idiots and compared them to the OJ jury. In reality, while some of the jurors probably believed Casey might have killed Caylee there wasn't enough evidence for them to convict. In their eyes (as well as most other people who aren't condemning them) it's better to let a guilty person free than to put an innocent person on death row.

ad1x2
Hmmm... I agree with this.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slipknot0129

ad1x2

Thats why I think this case means the court system is working.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

This is better example.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Chris_Williams

You can blame the media sensationalism, not the US justice system for allowing her to do so.

If anything, this shows the United States that the justice system isn't a democracy but a fair and just enviroment where the law takes a valuable place in court, not the majority begging for blood, despite some flaws.

But no, everyone wants blood, everyone thinks everything should be a democracy. The media paints a menacing picture and people just buy into that crap. Makes me sick because this kind of stuff leads to what you just stated earlier.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chris_Williams

ad1x2
...and yet innocent people still get sent to prison. Like i said i have alot of probs with our justice system, but oh well.
ABCarmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ABCarmine
Member since 2011 • 1937 Posts

ad1x2

Agree with this.

At first I thought she was guilty for sure, but as time passed on, and the trial moved forward, I started believeing she was not guilty. No evidence=no jail.

groovdafied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 groovdafied
Member since 2005 • 5012 Posts

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]

Aquat1cF1sh

Hmmm... I agree with this.

Hey Aquat...off topic... did you know that the woman in your sig is resting her head on the heel of a foot with a bulbous ankle? Will you forever see that this woman is now resting her head on some strangers foot? I thought I would mention this because I've been seeing your sig around. :D

Aquats sig pic:

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

There are a lot of guilty people who slip through the cracks and a lot of innocent people who get put in jail. Just because there wasn't hard evidence doesn't mean she's not guilty, it just means they couldn't 100% prove it on paper. The court system is flawed.

Also, WTF are you even saying?! The trial took time out of HER life so she DESERVES to make millions of dollars off of movie and book deals? Are you serious? If Caylee hadn't died and had been kidnapped instead, not reporting her missing for a MONTH would have gotten her slapped with something, some sort of child neglect charge at very least.

This trial is not an inconvenience to her. Whether she's guilty of murder or not, she went to trial for a reason. She isn't innocent, she never was. I can't even believe you think a woman who IGNORED the fact that her child was GONE for a MONTH and didn't report it to police is innocent in any way or deserves to cash in on something so horrifying. She's a sickening person, whether or not Caylee died at her hands intentionally or by accident.

blurguy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blurguy6
Member since 2010 • 699 Posts
I really hope that one day we figure out what really happened, and why Casey acted the way she did after her daughter went missing assuming she really didn't kill her.
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ehhwhatever

There are a lot of guilty people who slip through the cracks and a lot of innocent people who get put in jail. Just because there wasn't hard evidence doesn't mean she's not guilty, it just means they couldn't 100% prove it on paper. The court system is flawed.

Also, WTF are you even saying?! The trial took time out of HER life so she DESERVES to make millions of dollars off of movie and book deals? Are you serious? If Caylee hadn't died and had been kidnapped instead, not reporting her missing for a MONTH would have gotten her slapped with something, some sort of child neglect charge at very least.

This trial is not an inconvenience to her. Whether she's guilty of murder or not, she went to trial for a reason. She isn't innocent, she never was. I can't even believe you think a woman who IGNORED the fact that her child was GONE for a MONTH and didn't report it to police is innocent in any way or deserves to cash in on something so horrifying. She's a sickening person, whether or not Caylee died at her hands intentionally or by accident.

XilePrincess
It is the law, she is innocent until proven guilty. She is not guilty.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chris_Williams
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]There are a lot of guilty people who slip through the cracks and a lot of innocent people who get put in jail. Just because there wasn't hard evidence doesn't mean she's not guilty, it just means they couldn't 100% prove it on paper. The court system is flawed. Also, WTF are you even saying?! The trial took time out of HER life so she DESERVES to make millions of dollars off of movie and book deals? Are you serious? If Caylee hadn't died and had been kidnapped instead, not reporting her missing for a MONTH would have gotten her slapped with something, some sort of child neglect charge in the least. This trial is not an inconvenience to her. Whether she's guilty of murder or not, she went to trial for a reason. She isn't innocent, she never was. I can't even believe you think a woman who IGNORED the fact that her child was GONE for a MONTH and didn't report it to police is innocent in any way or deserves to cash in on something so horrifying. She's a sickening person, whether or not Caylee died at her hands intentionally or by accident.

EXACTLY, i hate when people say "it's better to let a guilty person free than to put an innocent person on death row" when innocent people go to jail too, heck anyone remember the houston crime lab scandal? They found alot of men were wrongly accused of a crime because the DNA was handled poorly, our court system has so many flaws in it but hey like you guys say she's not innocent because no one filmed her doing this act or had pictures. I mean the woman went about her life like nothing happend for 30 days her child was missing and is a chronic liar. But hey its over, she's out scotch free and she had the BIGGEST smile on her face when she was released, who smiles like that when your child is still dead?.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ad1x2

...and yet innocent people still get sent to prison. Like i said i have alot of probs with our justice system, but oh well. Chris_Williams

In a situation like hers I doubt the jury wanted to feel guilty over giving her the needle and then a year or so after her execution some new evidence came out showing her innocence or or something similar. The system isn't perfect but it's made so an attempt to give people a fair trial can be made even if the result is a possible guilty person getting off or in an even worse situation an innocent person is sent to jail.

Unfortunately, it seems like the media is undermining that. One example is if something happens a few years from now involving Casey that gets her arrested it's almost guaranteed she's going to be found guilty of what she is being tried of no matter what by a biased jury who wants to "get her back" for her recent acquittal. This is assuming some vigilante doesn't harm her first.

ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ehhwhatever
I really hope that one day we figure out what really happened, and why Casey acted the way she did after her daughter went missing assuming she really didn't kill her. blurguy6
I think if you put a business card next to the empire state building that would be her self-esteem compared to others but she hides it well. No telling what happened, accident in the pool?
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 slipknot0129

XilePrincess

Thats a pretty big shock not being sure if your life was gonna be behind bars forever for something you wasnt guilty of.. Yeah I think she deserves the millions she will make.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Aquat1cF1sh
Hey Aquat...off topic... did you know that the woman in your sig is resting her head on the heel of a foot with a bulbous ankle? Will you forever see that this woman is now resting her head on some strangers foot? I thought I would mention this because I've been seeing your sig around. :Dgroovdafied
Hmm... I've never seen it before but now I do. Thanks. :P As for Casey Anthony, I'm curious... has any public footage of her been recorded about mourning over the loss of her child?
ehhwhatever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ehhwhatever
[QUOTE="groovdafied"]Hey Aquat...off topic... did you know that the woman in your sig is resting her head on the heel of a foot with a bulbous ankle? Will you forever see that this woman is now resting her head on some strangers foot? I thought I would mention this because I've been seeing your sig around. :DAquat1cF1sh
Hmm... I've never seen it before but now I do. Thanks. :P As for Casey Anthony, I'm curious... has any public footage of her been recorded about mourning over the loss of her child?

when the verdict came in she looke pretty sad.
ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ad1x2

All I know is that unless Casey gets some surgery, changes her hair, and changes her name so she isn't recognizable she's going to have some serious problems. Last week a convience store clerk who looks like Casey Anthony was attacked by a woman who mistook her for Casey.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
It is the law, she is innocent until proven guilty. She is not guilty.ehhwhatever
That may be the law, but I think we all know the woman is not innocent. But because it can't be proven on paper, she's considered "innocent". We all know she's not.

Thats a pretty big shock not being sure if your life was gonna be behind bars forever for something you wasnt guilty of.. Yeah I think she deserves the millions she will make.

slipknot0129
Umm.. people go through shocking things every day. People have to play the waiting game for countless life events. What about cancer patients and their families who hold their breaths for months waiting to find out what's going to happen? They're not guilty, but they don't make millions off of book deals. Like I said, she IS guilty of things that she wasn't specifically tried for. She was on trial for murder, and they didn't have enough evidence on paper to lock her up, so she got off. She neglected her child by not reporting her missing for 30 days, and if she had been on trial for child neglect she WOULD have been found guilty. But she wasn't, they were trying her for murder. She is guilty and should not be a free woman, just like Karla Homolka should not be a free woman, but she is. What has Casey Anthony ever done to deserve anything good? She went thirty days without reporting her child missing. One whole month. Most parents call the police within 30 minutes of their child going missing, or less. Not 30 days. The ONLY reason she got off was because they didn't have the evidence to prove she did it, seemingly mostly because of the delay in reporting her missing, the decomposition of her body, and the CONSTANT LYING done by Casey and the rest of her family. She does not deserve millions of dollars for killing her daughter and/or being a neglectful parent and getting away with it just because the evidence was luckily not there. I don't think there is any doubt in anyone's mind who has followed the case that she is guilty as sin and she got off because she was lucky, not because she was innocent. I guess basically what you're saying is, commit a crime and get away with it, and cash in, because you deserve it?
Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aquat1cF1sh
when the verdict came in she looke pretty sad.ehhwhatever
Hmmm... I need to do more Youtube searching for this.

All I know is that unless Casey gets some surgery, changes her hair, and changes her name so she isn't recognizable she's going to have some serious problems. Last week a convience store clerk who looks like Casey Anthony was attacked by a woman who mistook her for Casey.

ad1x2
Wow, that's pretty insane... "Saving the children"... And Oklahoma? That's halfway across the country. >_> Pretty crazy about her daughter being named Caylee too.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

That may be the law, but I think we all know the woman is not innocent. But because it can't be proven on paper, she's considered "innocent". We all know she's not.XilePrincess

No we do not know that. Neither do you. You may think she is guilty, you may have even convienced yourself that absolutely she is guilty, but you do not know.

And yes, the US court system worked exactly as it is intended to in this case.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
are we forgetting about the simpsons?
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

ad1x2

WTF she doesn't look like Casey but considering it seems the woman was on drugs... Kinda funny that she has a daughter name Caylee through, but yeah it going to be really rough for Casey for now.

UniverseIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UniverseIX
Member since 2011 • 989 Posts

It's not that simple. This time it worked in the ideal sense. It doesn't mean the entire system works as it's intended. The people factor is significant.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts

This is better example.

Fightingfan
The pharmacist shot the guy 5 times after he was already lying on the ground unconscious. I'd say he deserved that prison sentence.
angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
BTW: Was Casey Anthony prosecuted with inaccurate data?