does anyone work at best buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

qwertyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 qwertyu
Member since 2005 • 290 Posts
how is it, i cant tell u how bad I want to work at best buy, I applied online and i hope they phone, right now Im working at orange julius/dq and i hate working with food!!!! how many interviews did u do and how was it
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
its retail and with the holiday season coming up that means its gonna suck. i work at circuit city and the only difference between us and best buy is the colors
_Brennan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 _Brennan_
Member since 2008 • 3241 Posts
I applied the other day online, but still hvent gotten a reply...
Avatar image for Co0kieMonsterxX
Co0kieMonsterxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Co0kieMonsterxX
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts
Its retail so it is not going to be all that great of a job but retail beats fast food places by miles IMO.
ShermanMurman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShermanMurman
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
its retail and with the holiday season coming up that means its gonna suck. i work at circuit city and the only difference between us and best buy is the colorsFUBAR24

and that best buy is better
nickyb628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nickyb628
Member since 2005 • 10303 Posts

Working for Best Buy is horrible...

Unless you're working with good people, chances are you're going to hate the place within two months.

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
No, I work at Albertsons. :)
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Good luck with those online application, rarely do they ever call anyone back. Best chances of getting hired would be to actually go into the store and speak to the manager about open positions.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i applied online after reading your post. i would love to work there.
-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

do they accept applications in store?

if so, i would recommend dressing up nicely (not a suit and tie, but slacks and a dress-y shirt would work) and dropping off a second resume in person, especially when the manager is in. if you can look good and get that application into his hands personally you'll stand a much better chance of getting the job than an anonymous person online.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]its retail and with the holiday season coming up that means its gonna suck. i work at circuit city and the only difference between us and best buy is the colorsShermanMurman

and that best buy is better

not in the slightest. if you do get hired youll be seasonal which youll get fired in february. circuit city doesnt fire too many seasonals. we are also paid more, and have less restrictions on how we use our discounts. so no best buy isnt better by any stretch

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
I work at Fry's electronic's, similar to best buy. Was fairly easy to get the job I knew people who worked there though.
qwertyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 qwertyu
Member since 2005 • 290 Posts
I signed up for best buy yesterday and they phoned me for an interview on tuesday i hope I get it, but he said its for seasonal
WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WushuFighter
Member since 2007 • 1837 Posts
Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.
Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mafiree

Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.WushuFighter

How does them not helping you make them idiots?

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.Mafiree

yeah you ever think that some employees may not be trained to do that

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WushuFighter

[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.Mafiree

What else would 8 employees be doing just standing around and can clearly see that I'm waiting in line with only 2 people?

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mafiree
[QUOTE="Mafiree"]

[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.WushuFighter

What else would 8 employees be doing just standing around and can clearly see that I'm waiting in line with only 2 people?

Helping other customers?

I frequently have to go the returns area to ask specific people questions to resolve other issues for customers. And it would appear I was doing nothing while I waited for the person to become free.

WushuFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WushuFighter
[QUOTE="WushuFighter"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]

Helping other customers?

I frequently have to go the returns area to ask specific people questions to resolve other issues for customers. And it would appear I was doing nothing while I waited for the person to become free.

No they weren't helping customer. If they were the two people infront of me would have been gone.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FUBAR24
[QUOTE="Mafiree"][QUOTE="WushuFighter"][QUOTE="Mafiree"]

[QUOTE="WushuFighter"]Thankfully I never applied there the employees are a bunch of idiots. I had to wait 50 minutes just to exchange something because of a price tag error and there was about 8 free employees walking around and standing at customer service doing nothing.WushuFighter

Helping other customers?

No they weren't helping customer. If they were the two people infront of me would have been gone.

but they might not be trained for that position or they were in training but wernt sure on what to do

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I used to work at Circuit City.

You'll love working retail for all of 10 minutes. I did it for almost 2 years.

blasto65_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blasto65_basic
Member since 2002 • 496 Posts

its retail and with the holiday season coming up that means its gonna suck. i work at circuit city and the only difference between us and best buy is the colorsFUBAR24

Well there is allot of difference. And the fact is that CC is having big mony problems and BB is not.

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]its retail and with the holiday season coming up that means its gonna suck. i work at circuit city and the only difference between us and best buy is the colorsblasto65_basic

Well there is allot of difference. And the fact is that CC is having big mony problems and BB is not.

i ment selection, prices and services are the same

esb1118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 esb1118
Member since 2007 • 2661 Posts

I was going to apply at my local one because they have really good looking girls who work there with really nice asses under those tight khakis, but then I remembered that i'm kind of lazy and didn't bother.

Based on true events.

KOTORkicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 KOTORkicker
Member since 2007 • 4595 Posts
I saw Circuit City in a film today. One grossly overweight employee seemed like a nice guy. Based on that stereotype, you should work at Circuit City. :)
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I saw Circuit City in a film today. One grossly overweight employee seemed like a nice guy. Based on that stereotype, you should work at Circuit City. :)KOTORkicker

Eagle Eye eh?

Most TV guys are jolly. Circuit ****ty treats them better, since their products typically make the company money.

They just bleed money from the Tech department. They tend to be the miserable ones... like I was... *falls into a semi-comatose trance from the horrible memories of working there*