Does anyone here like US 2 dollar bills?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -

Does anyone here like the US 2 dollar bills? I know they don't get used as much as the others.

I still like 2 dollar bills, though, and my grandpa used to send me those when I was little.

#2 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
It's a bit of a shame they're not popular, and are considered novelty legal tender.
#3 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20094 posts) -
I have never come across those. I didn't even know they existed. :?
#4 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
I find them to be a bit unecessary, but I do hold in to all the ones I come across.
#5 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

Yeah I have a few of them in a room. I must warn you, if any one tries to steal them I have lasers that will kill you.

#6 Posted by Crotazoa8 (1230 posts) -
I had two in my whole lifetime, spent both of them on lunch. It's neat and all. but at the end of the day it's still only 2 dollars.
#7 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -
It's a bit of a shame they're not popular, and are considered novelty legal tender.CRS98
They are pretty underrated, I wish people use those a little more, though.
#8 Posted by TheHighWind (4000 posts) -

I like the ones with Bill Clinton on them. I think they are threes.

#9 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
Those exist? Two dollar coins are pretty handy I find though, there's tonnes of things that cost between 1 and 2 dollars.
#10 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -
Those exist? Two dollar coins are pretty handy I find though, there's tonnes of things that cost between 1 and 2 dollars.Ace6301
They have 2 dollar coins in Canada. The US 2 dollar bills look like this.

I like the ones with Bill Clinton on them. I think they are threes.

TheHighWind
Those ones aren't legal tender, though.
#11 Posted by Phaze-Two (3444 posts) -

strippers do.

i like how you guys are acting like they're so rare... go to a strip club. most of them dont require you to pay in $2 bills instead of $1s. (they figure they can get more money that way)

#12 Posted by -Shooter- (4295 posts) -

I don't even know what they look like :|

#13 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -

-Shooter-

And now you will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_two-dollar_bill

#14 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

strippers do.

i like how you guys are acting like they're so rare... go to a strip club. most of them dont require you to pay in $2 bills instead of $1s. (they figure they can get more money that way)

Phaze-Two

Right because most of us go to strip clubs.

#15 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -

-Shooter-
What country do you live in? If you live in the US, they look like this.
#16 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

Yeah I have a few of them in a room. I must warn you, if any one tries to steal them I have lasers that will kill you.

sherman-tank1

Good thing I reflect lasers.

#17 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Necrifer

Good thing I reflect lasers.

Good thing I have ninjas who protect it as well.

#18 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

sherman-tank1

Ninja spray-guard.

Look it up.

#19 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Necrifer

Ninja spray-guard.

Look it up.

lol I'm to lazy. You wouldn't be able to get them anyways, I live in a secret lair.

#20 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

lol I'm to lazy. You wouldn't be able to get them anyways, I live in a secret lair.

sherman-tank1

I lied! There's no such thing as ninja spray-guard!

:twisted:

BTW, where's your secret lair?

#21 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Necrifer

I lied! There's no such thing as ninja spray-guard!

BTW, where's your secret lair?

Oh 2 miles away from away from Toronto, right behind the- WAIT A MINUTE!

#22 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

sherman-tank1

That's all I needed.

*Runs off*

#23 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Necrifer

That's all I needed.

*Runs off*

*blows up secret lair* It is amazing how I can get so off topic like this.

#24 Posted by -Shooter- (4295 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Shooter-"]

ArmoredCore55

What country do you live in? If you live in the US, they look like this.

Thomas Jefferson? :o There should be more of these, I love that guy. Been reading a ton about him lately cause of AP US History.

#25 Posted by dunl12496 (5710 posts) -

A $6 bill would be most effective. I have two $2 bills. I got them a LONG time ago.

#26 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

I hate two dollar bills. I have an aunt who gives them to me and I never spend them.

#27 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -

I have about 10 of them that my mom collected for me when I was a baby. :P

#28 Posted by Phaze-Two (3444 posts) -

I have about 10 of them that my mom collected for me when I was a baby. :P

soulless4now

was she a stripper?

#29 Posted by Phaze-Two (3444 posts) -

I hate two dollar bills. I have an aunt who gives them to me and I never spend them.

theone86

your aunt is probably a stripper.

#30 Posted by soulless4now (41381 posts) -
Phaze-Two
Maybe you're a stripper since you're so curious about it.
#31 Posted by tocool340 (20663 posts) -
I didn't even know they still make them....
#32 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Yeah, I have about 500 dollars worth in $2 I keep them don't use them.
#33 Posted by Ringx55 (5967 posts) -
I prefer my Toonie... .Mmm coins.
#34 Posted by Serraph105 (28561 posts) -

I like them quite a lot actually. I also like the slver dollars. People always do a double take wth them because they think you handed them a quarter.

#35 Posted by MistressMinako (45922 posts) -
I remember being amazed by them when I was younger. I just assumed they stopped making them since I don't see any anymore. Still... I wish I had one or two to use when stuff costs like stuff in evens (excluding 10 because well.. there is a 10 dollar bill).
#36 Posted by ZIVX (2981 posts) -

I spent dozens of $2 bills I wonder if I should've kept them, anyway next year I'll just get more

#37 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

I have a few that people have given me over the years.

#38 Posted by sandlot76 (53267 posts) -

I have a couple stashed away

#39 Posted by comp_atkins (32029 posts) -

i've had one in my wallet for the past few year.. forgot it was there..

#40 Posted by Atmanix (6927 posts) -

I have one in a box somewhere. I was always told as a kid that eventually it would be worth a ton of money. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

#41 Posted by UprootedDreamer (2036 posts) -
I have received some 2 dollar bills as gifts but I have never used one or ever received one in change after I break a large bill.
#42 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -
yeah I had 3 in my life, don't know what happened to them. Over here theye have 2.5 Cent coins and .5 cent coins. not used any more though some places don't accept them cause 250 fils (2.5 piasters) is less than a US nick but more than a Penny so useless now. But back then (70's) you could buy a falafel sandwitch, Juice and some candy with 2.5 cents. Also 10 JD's back in those days you can get close to a 3 pounds worth of Humus for aroud 10 piasters. Today a nickel would hardly get you a single piece of gum. conversion rate: 1 JD= .709 Dollars. What a shame
#43 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -

I spent dozens of $2 bills I wonder if I should've kept them, anyway next year I'll just get more

ZIVX
$2 bills are fun to spend.
#44 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I havent seen a two dollar bill ever being used. I've seen vending machines were you need to pay two dollars for a soda but dont accept two dollar bills.

My grandma has a few two dollar bills.

#45 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

[QUOTE="theone86"]

Phaze-Two

your aunt is probably a stripper.

Well, technically she's my great aunt and she's not very mobile, so not only would I be disturbed by people paying to see a stripper that old, I would be concerned for her health.

#46 Posted by comp_atkins (32029 posts) -
[QUOTE="ZIVX"]

ArmoredCore55
$2 bills are fun to spend.

twice as fun as 1 dollar bills.
#47 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
haven't seen them in a few years. Might look into getting some from the bank to use them to bug people lol
#48 Posted by JinjonatorX (639 posts) -
I seriously haven't seen a $2 bill since I was in like the 2nd grade. Given how rare they seem to be, I think $2 bills ought to be worth a lot more than $2.
#49 Posted by Messiahbolical- (5568 posts) -
They should use them more, and $1 bills less. Also, they need to abolish the penny... it's useless and exists for no reason other than taxes. They need to just re-adjust the system so everything ends in(or rounds up/down to) $x.x0 or $x.x5... if everything ends in 0 or 5, then we can make the nickel the "new penny" and get rid of the useless penny we have now. I seriously treat pennies like they're bugs or something... they're annoying as hell and not even worth carrying around in your pocket. I decline them any time I'm offered them as change.
#50 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23874 posts) -
They should use them more, and $1 bills less. Also, they need to abolish the penny... it's useless and exists for no reason other than taxes. They need to just re-adjust the system so everything ends in(or rounds up/down to) $x.x0 or $x.x5... if everything ends in 0 or 5, then we can make the nickel the "new penny" and get rid of the useless penny we have now. I seriously treat pennies like they're bugs or something... they're annoying as hell and not even worth carrying around in your pocket. I decline them any time I'm offered them as change.Messiahbolical-
I used 5 or 10 pennies with the others for lunch money at school a few times before.