Does anyone here doesnt have a girlfriend?

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GhostRecon2020
Member since 2020 • 73 Posts

I am 37 years old and I dont have a girlfriend. It is not something that I talk about it, but I think I am going to be alone like that, perhaps for the rest of my life. When I was in my 20s it was different, I didnt care, and I felt I had time. I am a bit upset and have anger towards society. I didnt think that it would end this ways, but it appears to have.

The good thing that changed in my life recently, is that I came back gaming. I bought a new graphics card and installed a few games. My favorite is Fallout 76, I absolutely love it. Gaming can truly take the negative feelings away.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts

life is longer than you think it is and can surprise anyone.

i will ask though, are you actively looking for a girlfriend?

one isn't going to just fall into your lap while you're playing fallout ; )

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nah I have a girlfriend and tbh it's overrated. I'd be just fine if I was alone but it is nice having someone tag along.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2502 Posts

34. Never had one.

Online dating is out, because it's been shown again and again that the women only aim for the top 5 to 10 percent of men there. Not a lot of long term relationships there, mostly casual sex/flings, because those men in top percentages get so much action that they don't want to settle down. A woman equal to my looks or slightly below never goes for me. I don't wanna further inflate their egos/self-worth anymore by giving them another face to swipe No on. Sadly, the internet is how most people hook up and date now.

Just approaching someone on the street is out, because the likelihood that she will consider you a creep is high. Pretty harmless courting is shamed on social media and by online publications now.

Through friends is out, because friends take away too much of my time. Been many years since I've been able to communicate with someone well enough to call them a friend. Well, there was a coworker who I watched movies with until the virus put the place out of business and he moved away, but he was twenty years my senior.

Yeah, will stay single. Just the way it is.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Warm_Gun

@mrbojangles25: I'm not that happy about it, not as content with it as you, but it's becoming easier to accept with age.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I'm 29 and never had one. I've spent most of my adult life with the bare minimum of a social life which means that meeting someone is rare. And never had the courage to go talk to random girls even when they were obviously interested.

There were a few opportunities but I wasted them because I was too afraid to leave my comfort zone. You often think that it's bound to happen sooner or later but like @comp_atkins said, it won't happen on its own. Especially if you sabotage yourself because you're scared. And so you're left with nothing but regrets for all the things that could have happened but never did.

Nevertheless, I am trying to take baby steps. Not only towards getting a girlfriend but living life in general. Leaving the house more often is a start. Been going to the gym for a few weeks now and planning to take up tennis which is a sport I've been a fan of since high-school.

At the end of the day, getting a girlfriend or boyfriend is not rocket science. Literally everyone does. a) You must put yourself out there in order to create opportunities to meet people. And b) when you do meet/find someone, you have to make a move.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59366 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I'm 29 and never had one. I've spent most of my adult life with the bare minimum of a social life which means that meeting someone is rare. And never had the courage to go talk to random girls even when they were obviously interested.

There were a few opportunities but I wasted them because I was too afraid to leave my comfort zone. You often think that it's bound to happen sooner or later but like @comp_atkins said, it won't happen on its own. Especially if you sabotage yourself because you're scared. And so you're left with nothing but regrets for all the things that could have happened but never did.

Nevertheless, I am trying to take baby steps. Not only towards getting a girlfriend but living life in general. Leaving the house more often is a start. Been going to the gym for a few weeks now and planning to take up tennis which is a sport I've been a fan of since high-school.

At the end of the day, getting a girlfriend or boyfriend is not rocket science. Literally everyone does. a) You must put yourself out there in order to create opportunities to meet people. And b) when you do meet/find someone, you have to make a move.

That's very brave of you to be so honest, respect.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8786 Posts

It's been a couple years since I last had a girlfriend. My last relationship was so horridly bad that I'm OK with being alone for a while. However, this is a good time of year to meet somebody. The masks are off and a lot of people are happy to be outside.

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhostRecon2020

@warm_gun said:

34. Never had one.

Online dating is out, because it's been shown again and again that the women only aim for the top 5 to 10 percent of men there. Not a lot of long term relationships there, mostly casual sex/flings, because those men in top percentages get so much action that they don't want to settle down. A woman equal to my looks or slightly below never goes for me. I don't wanna further inflate their egos/self-worth anymore by giving them another face to swipe No on. Sadly, the internet is how most people hook up and date now.

Just approaching someone on the street is out, because the likelihood that she will consider you a creep is high. Pretty harmless courting is shamed on social media and by online publications now.

Through friends is out, because friends take away too much of my time. Been many years since I've been able to communicate with someone well enough to call them a friend. Well, there was a coworker who I watched movies with until the virus put the place out of business and he moved away, but he was twenty years my senior.

Yeah, will stay single. Just the way it is.

I do feel exactly the same as you do. I also feel that at this age, you know the market quite well, and know that women wont choose you, even if they risk choosing someone who is worse than you. When I was young I though, women who are below my league will prefer me, but I was wrong, as 90% reject me. There is only, I think a small percentage of women at the lowest leagues (fat, old and ugly) ones that do give me a chance. I cant believe that everything was all the time predetermined from a young age, all the lies that I received from family, relatives and society... Simply unbelievable.

@mrbojangles25 said:

@warm_gun: yeah same for me.

For the most part I am fine with it, and when I am not I know it's just due to societal "norms" pressuring me, which sort of strengthens my resolve, if anything.

Honestly, I don't want kids, which frankly is a huge motivator to not be in a relationship. I know people date just to get laid and have fun a lot of the time, but ultimately one of those relationships is going to evolve into marriage and kids and *bam* next thing you know you're in debt and a slave to other people and other systems.

Not to be cynical, but sometimes I look at people with spouses and kids and think "Are you only saying it's worth it because you have to?"

Sometimes I think I am in denial, or maybe my depression is worse than I think, or maybe some other reason...but nah, I'm actually OK with it. The idea of waking up next to someone most mornings, spending most of my free time with someone else instead of myself, of having to plan my life around someone else...is just not appealing to me.

I know I made that all sound very negative, but I'm not lol. I don't begrudge anyone meeting a significant other and living their life, but it's just not for everyone.

I dont understand why so many people want children while most of them have miserable life. My life is not a life that many would be jealous of and I see others' lives as miserable. Even those who did well in life, most of decide on having children, and thats where they lose in life. Children is such a heavy toll for the parents and the children. Why would someone be so cruel in giving someone a life and bringing them to this world. Look at us, higher wealth than ever and depressions levels are higher than they used to be.

@johnd13 said:

I wasted my twenties in being alone too. I wasnt interested in people. But I have no regrets, because I think that my opportunities back then would have been the same as they are now. I dont think that If I went back to my 20s, I would be able to get a girlfriend. Women reject vehemently right now, like they did then.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

I'm about your age. Two main reasons why I don't have one and not actively looking:

Life is getting stressful for the next few months due to work and responsibilities, so I don't have time and energy to invest in dating and relationships.

I live with my parents: better that my hard-earned money goes to them than to some landlord, but the obvious drawback is lack of privacy.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2152 Posts

Will be 36 this summer, never even been on a date. I'm just don't like being around people, living with my parents is bad enough.

After school, I thought that there's a whole life ahead, there will be time. After university I thought that by 30 I'll have someone, but never even tried, moved back with my parents and started working from home - being introverted and not liking going out, I ended up growing apart with the few friends I still had and now I just sit at home all day and do my thing, other than going outside with my dog.

Brother bringing his family over once a week is too much social interaction as it is.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Warm_Gun

@ghostrecon2020: Yeah, if everyone hadn't lied when I was a kid, I would have tried far harder to become tall. Exercised outside a lot to gain a few inches in those important years. Because height is extremely valued, even by women (the kind I'd date) much shorter than me. But I didn't think about dating or actually having sex with anyone because I was such a loner even then.

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GhostRecon2020

Well, at least we have some games to play during the weekends and know our pre-determined destiny.

In the next life, I want to be larry, from the game 'Larry liesure suit' or a mosquito that has a life expectancy of 1 day.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38695 Posts

i LOVE my kids by they are fucking brutal in their demands of your time and dependence upon you. like anything though that part of life isn't permanent and your mind does a trick where it erases so much of the hardship and you only mostly remember the fun stuff. i don't think i'd give that up for more personal time.

both my wife and i are pretty introverted. typically we'd rather hang out together at home then go visit family or other social events but having kids though actually helped break us of some of those habits. we met a ton of other parents through daycare, kids events, school etc. there's a small group of us who host events every few months for us all to get together with our families and just have fun. seeing your kids running around with their friends having the time of their lives warms the heart.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#17 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I've been single for 9 years now.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

Only a wife and a 14 year old hormonal exploding daughter.

I hope the single guys above find their better half, life is so much better in a relationship.

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GhostRecon2020

@kadin_kai said:

I hope the single guys above find their better half, life is so much better in a relationship.

It depends with whom you are in a relationship, and I would never agree to have children, even if it meant not having a relationship.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10566 Posts

this thread needs some much needed cheer from chris rock

erwinthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 erwinthedevil
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I don't have a girlfriend since I was born. And I am 28 Years old.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Warm_Gun

Most women are not attracted to most men. They used to put up with men because they provided, but wages are so bad now compared to costs of living that that is over. 60 percent of college graduates are now women, with something like 92 percent of sex-specific scholarships awarded to women. The average man is just not needed anymore. The percent of celibate men will keep going higher every year.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

I do have a gf, but I have absolutely no problem with people who don't, and don't understand why someone would. If you're nearing your 40's and have really wanted a partner for some time but have trouble finding one, that's very lame of course. But you should pursue it more, if it's what you want. It's never too late. But if you don't have a partner because you choose to not have one, that's just one way to live your life. Some people like being alone, that's just how it is. No reason to look down upon those who do.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@ghostrecon2020 said:
@kadin_kai said:

It depends with whom you are in a relationship, and I would never agree to have children, even if it meant not having a relationship.

Obviously, it's great to be in a relationship with someone you love, trust and share...not your nemesis!

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

I've been single for 3 years, but I enjoy living a life without a girlfriend. I can live without it and I don't long to have a new one anyway. I just enjoyed my own company and I don't like going out of the house. I am too lazy to do that because I don't feel like doing it. I only like going out when I only need to.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17698 Posts

I’m 44 and have never had any serious relationship. Flings in high school, then at 20 I was diagnosed with a very severe chronic illness that nearly killed me and I fought from 20 all the way up until 37. From 37 up until very recently, I was dealing with the emotional and psychological baggage from this diagnosis. This had me in absolute misery that nobody wanted to be part of. I was a real SOB for many years.

I‘m currently emerging from this tremendously dark period of my life, have found acceptance, and am finally at peace with my ordeal. I have let go of negativity and have forgiven. Where I was once filled with hate, jealousy, bitterness, resentment and self-loathing, I’m now filled with the opposite. Confidence, pride, self-love. I’m finally happy to be me. Reason I mention this is after this happened, I’m now seeing hot girls looking in my direction from this all over the place. I get looks, body language and smiles just walking down the street, even from girls who are with other men. It’s amazing.

I‘m discovering that it’s not what you say, what you wear, what you own…..it’s the energy, attitude, confidence and self-love you exude that is paramount in drawing attention your way from the opposite sex. Girls have a sixth sense for this, it’s ridiculous how effectively they can sniff out its absence. I’m currently looking for my first real relationship….. don’t have a GF yet as this change has been very recent, but it’ll happen, I have my choice, and I’m going to be making up for lost time.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3511 Posts

I think it's fine to be single, in fact some of the best years in my life were the first half of my 20s while I was single.

But when it's cases where the person adds celibacy and misanthropy to being single, than that's a very sad and dangerous situation which the person should try to break free from. It must first accept the problem and then actively try to improve. Although with depression being probably part of the equation too it's easier said than done.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#29 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3669 Posts

I am 37 years old and never had a girlfriend. Actually tried getting one in my 20's but the girl was seeing someone else that I had asked out. That really hurt me as I had feelings for her and she was the first girl I ever asked out. I guess being rejected made me distance myself from women. I always felt like having panic attacks when around the opposite sex. I couldn't look at women in the face and would sweating and shaking. A huge reason is my social anxiety and depression it just makes taking to people hard. I was born with mild cerebral palsy so I have delayed motor skills, I don't think any women would accept me with my disability. Plus I am 5'7 and most women want a guy who is 6 feet tall so that really puts me at a disadvantage. I never really tried looking as I don't have a interest in a girlfriend. Plus women are expensive and I rather put my money toward bills and stuff.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

Was in a cohab. Broke up, single ever since.

The relationship was nothing but a massive stress. And a massive strain on my mental health. Since then, I have been far more open about being aro-ace.

Not only does romance not do anything for me. But it is nice not having someone trying to micromanage my life, especially if that meant her constantly trying to make me betray my own ideals and values. If there is one thing I learnt from the ordeal, it is that Live and Let Live can only work if it goes both ways.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10566 Posts

@MirkoS77: that's great to read. sounds like you've fought a very long battle and not only found the light at the end of the tunnel but are out free now on the other side. its never too late, that's a good message for some of the posters in here. happy for you

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MirkoS77

@Macutchi said:

@MirkoS77: that's great to read. sounds like you've fought a very long battle and not only found the light at the end of the tunnel but are out free now on the other side. its never too late, that's a good message for some of the posters in here. happy for you

Thanks man, really appreciate that. I never knew how powerful forgiveness and hope are, I didn't think I'd make it at points. It's great to be free of burden.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

My girlfriend and I were together for 14 years. Since she died I have no interest in being with anyone else. That might change but I'm not looking for anything.

WladolfPutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WladolfPutler
Member since 2022 • 256 Posts

Relationships are overrated and a result of todays sick society feeling/being generally bored and lonely with their sad and stupid lifes.

People must have relationships, people must have their social contacts, people must have facebook, people must have instagram, people must be famous, people must follow others, people must play multiplayer games with other people!

Most people don´t even get it how attached they already are to relationships, almost kind of "snapping" when their relationship comes to an end, acting like a drug-addict being on serious detoxification and slowly falling apart mentally until they just grab the next tree to hump on and feeling great again...as if their life is making sense again...all of the sudden.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

It's not the end of life if you are alone but yeah we all should meet our ying or yang in life. And for the current times ying ying or yang yang or ying that was yang or yang that was ying meeting their ying and yang. Regardless life goes on without a partner.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MirkoS77

@fenriz275 said:

My girlfriend and I were together for 14 years. Since she died I have no interest in being with anyone else. That might change but I'm not looking for anything.

I'm sorry to hear that, hope you are holding out alright.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I'm 40 and i haven't been in any relationship or ever cared about one, i liked some girls way back when i was at high school but i just didn't care, in the 20's i had thoughts about getting married ***late 20's*** since all my friends were caring about that but i forgot about it eventually and here we are i don't have any relationships with any girl i am living happily all fine, but if you wanna get a girlfriend then don't be sad you're only 37 you still have a lot in life, you could even get married.