Does anyone have knowledge in SEO - I have a question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LauraPortinari (53 posts) -

Question: 
Will Google potentially sandbox me if we have multiple 2,000 word site posts titled under the same tag located on the bottom of my homepage? Will they not like my content/site if I have three (3) "same title posts" posts? Will they think of me as trying to "cheat" their system? 

On that same note, after posting one (1) site post under the name "title of post," would posting anymore be overkill with the same title? Would it do anything to improve my rankings or would only backlinking, social networking, blogging, and various other aggregate factors work to improve that very page's rank? In essence, once a site post is up on our homepage, should we move on to other keywords or continue hyper-targeting it with more site posts?

#2 Posted by KHAndAnime (13300 posts) -
I typically would only target 1 keyword per page per website. Google won't sandbox you for targeting the same keyword with multiple pages but I don't think they would rank as well if you just made 1 solid page. In fact, I think Google would group all the pages together in the result. Target related keywords, make sure you have good onsite SEO, and then you'll want backlinks of all kinds (social sites, link pyramids, social media sites (Youtube) even help). I don't know for 100% sure because Google's algorithms are changing all the time, but I'm just guessing - I don't see any other websites using that strategy.
#3 Posted by LauraPortinari (53 posts) -

I've found that posting the same titles (keywords) is terrible for SEO. Well, I guess thats good to know.  Thanks for your response. 

#5 Posted by KHAndAnime (13300 posts) -

I've found that posting the same titles (keywords) is terrible for SEO. Well, I guess thats good to know.  Thanks for your response. 

LauraPortinari

I enjoy SEO banter. I did a lot of reading on SEO many years ago, but things are constantly changing so my knowledge quickly becomes dated. Good luck on internet money-making journey (if that's your intention) :)