Do you work out regularly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CasualGamer36x (50 posts) -

If you do, what workouts do you do? I mean which muscles? Just curious.

#2 Edited by limpbizkit818 (15042 posts) -

Not sure how this information is useful to you, but ok:

I work out 3 days a week and work out arms/back/legs, shoulders/neck, and chest/legs. Abs are done on all days. Go to the bodybuilding.com forums to learn about proper workout technique/diet info and what not.

#3 Edited by iampenguin (223 posts) -

@CasualGamer36x: I do Crossfit regularly. Crossfit consists of function movements, just about all our exercises target multiple joints so always a mix of muscle working at anyone workout.

#4 Posted by Stranger_36 (481 posts) -

I never work out.

#6 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36824 posts) -

Monday-Tuesday = Upper body

Wednesday = Legs

Thursday = Beer and schnitty night
Friday-Sunday = Who gives a fvck

#7 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

The only work out I get nowadays is with my hands

interpret that anyway you'd like

#8 Posted by lonewolf604 (8526 posts) -

3 times a week:

Monday - Chest, Triceps

Wednesday - Back/biceps, Shoulders

Friday - Abs, Legs

I do 20 minutes cardio on those days too. Usually during summer or when I'm not in school I'll up it to 4 days, do harder cardio and heavier weights.

#9 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I lift weights 3 days a week. That's all I've got in me given my job wears me out physically.

#10 Edited by thegerg (15460 posts) -

yes

#11 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

@Trail_Mix said:

The only work out I get nowadays is with my hands

interpret that anyway you'd like

Forams

#12 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Yeah, but Uni is stealin' my gainz.

I do full body thee times a week minimum.

#13 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@iampenguin said:

@CasualGamer36x: I do Crossfit regularly. Crossfit consists of function movements, just about all our exercises target multiple joints so always a mix of muscle working at anyone workout.

Just say compound movements; squat, bench press, and dead lift.

#14 Edited by iampenguin (223 posts) -

@Fightingfan:

@Fightingfan said:

@iampenguin said:

Just say compound movements; squat, bench press, and dead lift.

Yeah, I could have detailed all my lifts like snatch, clean etc.

Bench press is a bad example of compound exercises. Compound was the word I was looking for at time of writing though.

Functional is still relevant and actually a good term since it's a little more specific and all compound exercises are functional, at least in crossfit.

#15 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

I just enjoy running.

#16 Edited by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

I work out 3 days a week, do not have a routine really.

#17 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

No

#19 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

i do a 20 min jog when i wake up. i have RLS so when i wake up, my legs are super itchy, and i have to get my legs moving for it to stop.

#20 Edited by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

I do a five day split but reading this topic made me realise how boring exercise is to talk about. I love it but jesus its not exciting.

I also try to add a sixth day for sparring if I am not busy.

Compound lifts in some form are the staple of most of my workouts, if your just starting out...learn to deadlift properly. I avoided deadlifts when I first started working out but you will see some serious gains in overall mass if you start doing then, particularly early on. It also helps develop smaller muscles which you never knew you had This allows you to tense and tighten those smaller muscles during smaller lifts like bicep curls for big gains.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

I lift and move anywhere between 1500 and 5000 pounds of product and equipment a day. I don't need to work out, I just work.

#22 Posted by gkalns2311 (41 posts) -

No, but I stay pretty active; walking, carrying heavy sh*t, hiking, etc

#23 Posted by Netret0120 (2207 posts) -

I do P90X in my room and it has helped immensely. People have noticed i am very muscular now.

#24 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

I do a 10k run three times a week and weight training followed by a 5k run three times a week on alternate days, then rest on Sundays.

#26 Posted by Ronstera (6110 posts) -

Well, I box.. Just not as much as I do before since work got in the way and tightened my schedule..

#27 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

I lift and move anywhere between 1500 and 5000 pounds of product and equipment a day. I don't need to work out, I just work.

Staying fit doesn't actually work like that in reality.

As for me, I go to the gym 4 times a week:

Day 1: Chest/Abs
Day 2: Back/Bi's
Day 3: Shoulders/Tri's
Day 4: Legs/Abs

I usually do about 40 mins of cardio right after as well and on off days.

#28 Posted by foxhound_fox (88743 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

Staying fit doesn't actually work like that in reality.

Sure it does. Moving that kind of weight requires incredible endurance and muscle strength. Going to a gym just gives you the ability to lift weights really well. This way, I get paid to work out. You pay to work out.

#29 Posted by marcheegsr (2842 posts) -

Im a distance runner.

I run 50-60 miles a week. Also do abs/strength training twice a week.

I have been training for a few years now. (Just for fun and enjoyment)

Lost 55 pounds in the process.

#30 Edited by lowkey254 (5904 posts) -

Yes, 4-5 times a week. Chest and biceps on Monday, legs on Tuesday, back and triceps on Wednesday, light chest and shoulders on Thursday, and active recovery on Saturday. Run 20-30 minutes per workout and abs every workout.

#31 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

Whenever I get dumped, I go off on a full F U mode and workout like 5 times a week. Mostly do squats, bench press, dead-lifts, and core. Due to my part-time job as a garbage man and full-time college though, it's pretty tough to workout more than 3 times a week