Do you visit System Wars often?

#1 Posted by gamerguru100 (10457 posts) -

I rarely click on System Wars. I've been there a few times in the past month, but I generally avoid it to preserve my sanity and brain cell count. I'll never understand why people waste their breath on petty console "wars", and PC elitists make me wanna bash my head into a brick wall. Simply play on your preferred system and don't put down others for what they play on. Simple as that.

#2 Edited by Elpresador-911 (200 posts) -

SW > OT, imho. Its also alot more lively than OT nowadays.

#3 Edited by gamerguru100 (10457 posts) -

SW > OT, imho. Its also alot more lively than OT nowadays.

True, but at least I won't get an overwhelming urge to punch in my laptop screen if I avoid it. :P

#4 Edited by naz99 (1152 posts) -

i probably go there far too much,but the stupidity does not get me angry,it just makes me feel glad that i'm not a raging cluless fanboy and often it is just straight up funny...and that's only a good thing :P

It is an impressive sight to watch people argue and fight tooth and nail over opinions and misinformation,it can go on for pages without a single actual fact entering in to it....just amazing ;)

#5 Edited by Black_Alpha_G (89 posts) -

<-- Me in System Wars

#6 Posted by foxhound_fox (87365 posts) -

There's more traffic there than here by far. There have been some nights on OT where the top-10 threads don't change for hours. System Wars has traffic constantly through the day.

Personally, I've been part of both communities since I started posting here.

#8 Edited by konvikt_17 (22131 posts) -

Ive only visited a couple times on the old site. Just to see what it was like. Have never posted there.

#9 Edited by ferrari2001 (16748 posts) -

I go there occasionally. It's good entertainment.

#10 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

The main reason Im still a member of GS is becuz of SW.

I've been in SW since 2008.

SW is literally the best board around (tho it has decline some), and its 10x better then OT.

OT, not even durring its glory days, was better than SW.

#11 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

There's more traffic there than here by far. There have been some nights on OT where the top-10 threads don't change for hours. System Wars has traffic constantly through the day.

Personally, I've been part of both communities since I started posting here.

OT is so dead that most of the threads on the first page are days old.

#12 Edited by BranKetra (47844 posts) -

I do not visit there much.

System Wars is not a terrible place because of the news it has and some of the users who excel at not being trolls, but many threads are spun to be platform-centric with conflict as the goal.

#13 Posted by lostrib (33225 posts) -

Never

#14 Posted by Allicrombie (25114 posts) -

I tend to post in the lounge there more than here as of late.

#15 Posted by PsychoLemons (1978 posts) -

Yes, I do. But it has become worse than before and it wasn't as fun as it was in the past either.

Plus hivemind just keeps growing.

#16 Edited by kingcrimson24 (421 posts) -

I accidentally clicked on it once .

that place is full of kids screaming at each other .

#17 Posted by Iszdope (9560 posts) -
#18 Posted by johnd13 (7911 posts) -

I occasionally go there to see if there are any interesting threads but most of them(or all of them) revolve around the console war which I find quite meaningless so I prefer to post in the Games and PC boards instead when it comes to games.

#19 Edited by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

System Wars is a sad place.

#20 Posted by airshocker (28814 posts) -

Sometimes. SW may be more active than OT but it's about ten times as stupid.

#21 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

I visit it everyday.

#22 Posted by Korvus (2922 posts) -

Never set my foot there before becoming a mod and never went back after I stopped being a mod =P SW has some of the most retarded people I ever had the displeasure of "meeting"...you guys should see some of the reports; 99% of all the reports I recieved were from SW and most from fucktards who would insult someone and report them for insulting back or some childish crap like that...between that, the blatant overreaction to everybody else's opinions and the constant dick measurement, the amount of idiocy over there is just mindblowing XD

#23 Posted by thegerg (14650 posts) -

no

#24 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

@korvus said:

Never set my foot there before becoming a mod and never went back after I stopped being a mod =P SW has some of the most retarded people I ever had the displeasure of "meeting"...you guys should see some of the reports; 99% of all the reports I recieved were from SW and most from fucktards who would insult someone and report them for insulting back or some childish crap like that...between that, the blatant overreaction to everybody else's opinions and the constant dick measurement, the amount of idiocy over there is just mindblowing XD

But I find it entertaining. :P

#25 Posted by Korvus (2922 posts) -
#26 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

everyday. The gifs there are just awesome. Never fail to make me laugh.

#27 Posted by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

Never been there. Probably never will. I don't feel like any system is better than the other, enough to go into a forum and complain about it (that is what the forum is about, right?)

#28 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Yes I go there and I go there a lot more than I come to OT which is pretty much dead and always full of boring as shit threads.

#29 Edited by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

Yes I go there and I go there a lot more than I come to OT which is pretty much dead and always full of boring as shit threads.

Including this one? lol

#30 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6598 posts) -

All the time. I'm one of the biggest trolls over there. :D

#31 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6598 posts) -
#32 Edited by Netret0120 (1999 posts) -

I go there occasionally. It's good entertainment.

I love going to threads with titles like 'This console game destroys any PC game graphically'. I see the comments and have a good chuckle at times.

#33 Posted by harry_james_pot (10346 posts) -

Yes, but only since the redesign. It's kind of active, unlike how OT is now..

#34 Posted by zeroyaoi (1876 posts) -

I was advised by a mod not to post there. It must be a great place. :P

#35 Edited by Behardy24 (2672 posts) -

Nope. That place is 2edgy4me. ;)

#36 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69731 posts) -
#37 Posted by tocool340 (20463 posts) -

Every now and then. I probably made more post there than here ever since the site change....

#38 Posted by uninspiredcup (7615 posts) -

Only been once of twice, waste of time.

#39 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (485 posts) -

I only go to System wars just to see if there's any good topics on that game there talking other then Sony vs MS craps. I got to admit, System Wars is only good for Entertainment. I just wish Off-Topic has more users using it then System Wars.

#40 Posted by Celldrax (14550 posts) -

System Wars for me is a lot like 4chan's /mu/.

I just simply don't care when it comes to arguing about video games or whatever.

So no, I almost never click on the board.

#41 Edited by hippiesanta (9766 posts) -

To many PC cults who listen to mariah carey songs at SW

#42 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

you fucking troll

you make more shitty threads there than you do here.

#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6598 posts) -

You're one of the worst posters over there. Quit your lying.