Do you think we are at the beginning of WW 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 2 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Do you think we are at the beginning of WW 3? (52 votes)

Yes 15%
no 67%
Maybe 13%
ain't come one but many time damies, sa da tay mah dilly 8%

With everything that's going on, countries being pit against each other, france now deciding not to deliver the warships they were making to russia, the sanctions against russia, etc.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (14667 posts) -

No.

#2 Posted by Nuck81 (5856 posts) -

No.

There won't be any more super wars.

Why would large countries fight wars when they can pay little countries to do it for them?

#3 Posted by BranKetra (48632 posts) -

I voted.

#4 Posted by Stesilaus (3340 posts) -

I look forward to it.

Life will become one big game of Fallout 3. :-)

#5 Edited by PurpleLabel (302 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

I voted.

I'm sorry, but you must present a photo ID to vote. lol

#6 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (17409 posts) -

I do see recent events as a POTENTIAL stepping stone, but SERIOUSLY doubt it will happen.
With nukes in existence I don't think any major countries are willing to start a war.

#7 Posted by PurpleLabel (302 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I do see recent events as a POTENTIAL stepping stone, but SERIOUSLY doubt it will happen.

With nukes in existence I don't think any major countries are willing to start a war.

Just made a thread, it's not popping up for me. Isis i guess has hijacked or stolen some airliners.

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (23972 posts) -

Well, Egypt, Libya and Iraq are in turmoil, Syria is to go next, without secular dictators in power to combat radical Islam I'd say the region is for a big shaking. It'll only be a matter of time before ISIS threatens more nations in the area, sets their sights on Israel, that'll get the West more involved. Add to that the situation in Ukraine and with Russia, and their face-off with sanctions against NATO. I'd say there's room for multi-front conflicts. Hey, why don't we throw in a Yellowstone Caldera supervolcano eruption while we're at it and say "shit, we're fucked, party like it's 1999".

#9 Edited by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -

Nope

@lamprey263 said:

Well, Egypt, Libya and Iraq are in turmoil, Syria is to go next, without secular dictators in power to combat radical Islam I'd say the region is for a big shaking. It'll only be a matter of time before ISIS threatens more nations in the area, sets their sights on Israel, that'll get the West more involved. Add to that the situation in Ukraine and with Russia, and their face-off with sanctions against against NATO. I'd say there's room for multi-front conflicts. Hey, why don't we throw in a Yellowstone Caldera supervolcano eruption while we're at it.

Egypt is not "in turmoil"...

#10 Posted by BranKetra (48632 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@BranKetra said:

I voted.

I'm sorry, but you must present a photo ID to vote. lol

Like I said, I voted. >_>

#11 Posted by comp_atkins (31432 posts) -

nope

#12 Posted by lamprey263 (23972 posts) -

@harry_james_pot said:

Nope

@lamprey263 said:

Well, Egypt, Libya and Iraq are in turmoil, Syria is to go next, without secular dictators in power to combat radical Islam I'd say the region is for a big shaking. It'll only be a matter of time before ISIS threatens more nations in the area, sets their sights on Israel, that'll get the West more involved. Add to that the situation in Ukraine and with Russia, and their face-off with sanctions against against NATO. I'd say there's room for multi-front conflicts. Hey, why don't we throw in a Yellowstone Caldera supervolcano eruption while we're at it.

I'll concede that, for now...

#13 Posted by Zelda99 (737 posts) -

Short answer? No

#14 Posted by indzman (17829 posts) -

Yup, this time it will be islamic terrorist states VS US and allies.

#15 Posted by indzman (17829 posts) -

PurpleLabel you should make more threads, i find all of em interesting :)

#16 Posted by PurpleLabel (302 posts) -

@indzman said:

Just made a thread about the stolen airlines and it got closed, and I have no idea why.

#17 Posted by indzman (17829 posts) -

@purplelabel said:

@indzman said:

Just made a thread about the stolen airlines and it got closed, and I have no idea why.

Damn noticed it, you can ask in askmods forum or personally ask a mod.They maybe found reason as lack of evidence or something like that ... imo :)

#18 Posted by harry_james_pot (10834 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

@harry_james_pot said:

Nope

@lamprey263 said:

I'll concede that, for now...

Meh, just some deluded idiot speaking nonsense.

#19 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14438 posts) -

@purplelabel: There's a reason for the thread closing in thr final post.

#20 Edited by PurpleLabel (302 posts) -

@hallenbeck77 said:

@purplelabel: There's a reason for the thread closing in thr final post.

Yeah I just saw that, thanks for responding. Corrected and redone correctly.

Thanks for the friendly reminder too. Sometimes let my emotions get the best of me, cheers!

#21 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

It's all about proxy wars.

#22 Edited by alim298 (1422 posts) -
@Gaming-Planet said:

#23 Posted by Behardy24 (4232 posts) -

Probably not.

#24 Posted by leonluvwow (27 posts) -

No!

#25 Posted by MrGeezer (56371 posts) -

@Stesilaus said:

I look forward to it.

Well, I played Fallout 3 and I don't remember a single instance in which my character got a chance to play a video game.

#26 Posted by SOedipus (6814 posts) -

If only.

#27 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

Dunno but I want a war sooo baad. 3edgy5u

#28 Posted by indzman (17829 posts) -

@daforsaken1 said:

Choose between a Waifu and War? =P

#29 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

@indzman said:

@daforsaken1 said:

Choose between a Waifu and War? =P

WAAARRR if it gets me a waifu of course. You know, the 'get a girl and survive' theory?

#30 Edited by l34052 (3198 posts) -

@Stesilaus said:

I look forward to it.

Kids these days...

You're an idiot who has absolutely no idea at all what WWIII would be like.

#31 Posted by brimmul777 (1220 posts) -

Canada will take over the world.We'll throw poutines at you with a side order of steamed hot dogs and smoked meat.Plus we will make you watch hockey!!!

#32 Edited by MBirdy88 (8241 posts) -

@SOedipus said:

If only.

@daforsaken1 said:

What....

#33 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@daforsaken1 said:

What....

7deep9you

#34 Posted by MBirdy88 (8241 posts) -

@daforsaken1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@daforsaken1 said:

What....

7deep9you

What....?

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (88418 posts) -

No, but we are on the precipice of a slope that could lead to a very large, international conflict... that hopefully mutually assured destruction keeps from happening.

A friend of mine who served in the Canadian military and fought during the first Gulf War says he almost wants another World War. He says people today don't know what suffering really is, nor do they understand the concept of freedom. He claims that an international conflict where nations must fight to maintain their freedoms will teach people to not give them up so easily to an ever-growing police state.

...and to be honest, I somewhat agree. Americans always say they are "pro-war" but really, are they? Would they be willing to go and fight for the freedoms they so eagerly give up in the name of "national security"? Canadians are even worse. We have a rich military history, and continue to pay homage to the sacrifices made to give us our freedoms (Remembrance Day is a huge thing here)... but when confronted with concerns of "national security", the laid-back Canadian will (almost more eagerly than the equivalent American) give up all rights and freedoms just to maintain the status quo.

I don't want it to come to conflict, but I don't want to sacrifice my freedoms in order to do so.

#36 Posted by Boddicker (2745 posts) -

WW3 will most likely involve atleast a limited nuclear exchange and be a war over resources (dwindling oil stockpiles).

I don't see it happening until the latter half of the 21st century.

#37 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@daforsaken1 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@daforsaken1 said:

What....

7deep9you

What....?

it's deep. 2deep4you

#38 Posted by Serraph105 (28081 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

No, but we are on the precipice of a slope that could lead to a very large, international conflict... that hopefully mutually assured destruction keeps from happening.

A friend of mine who served in the Canadian military and fought during the first Gulf War says he almost wants another World War. He says people today don't know what suffering really is, nor do they understand the concept of freedom. He claims that an international conflict where nations must fight to maintain their freedoms will teach people to not give them up so easily to an ever-growing police state.

...and to be honest, I somewhat agree. Americans always say they are "pro-war" but really, are they? Would they be willing to go and fight for the freedoms they so eagerly give up in the name of "national security"? Canadians are even worse. We have a rich military history, and continue to pay homage to the sacrifices made to give us our freedoms (Remembrance Day is a huge thing here)... but when confronted with concerns of "national security", the laid-back Canadian will (almost more eagerly than the equivalent American) give up all rights and freedoms just to maintain the status quo.

I don't want it to come to conflict, but I don't want to sacrifice my freedoms in order to do so.

I'm American and definitely not pro-war. Too many innocent people in the middle die due to war, so many things need to be employed before war happens such as special-ops to take down the person/group that is pushing us to the brink of war for instance.

Furthermore I think we should put an emphasis on all the times the government has failed to live up to it's promises to our troops over the decades in high school history classes. I would like young people to really consider the potential implications of signing up for the armed services before doing so, one possible implication being that they will not receive proper compensation or treatment when they get back to the US. Sort of like the low tax argument equals lower spending, less expendable troops might very mean less warfare.

#39 Posted by Kevlar101 (6146 posts) -

@alim298 said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

#40 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23769 posts) -

no. all the nations need their military's to control their own populations these days.

#41 Edited by mjf249 (2856 posts) -

Highly unlikely considering how intertwined the world economy is among the industrial powers. It would practically be suicide, and take into account the nuclear powers.

If anything you'd see proxy wars between the world powers. The private military industry has grown, and with the U.S outsourcing wars to countries such as Somalia for example where the CIA is funding Somali warlords for it's targeted killing program.

The war industry has changed in the 21st century significantly.

#42 Posted by outworld222 (2426 posts) -

You know, I'm actually starting to think so. I voted yes.

#43 Edited by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

kids seem to think so