Do you think there is something wrong....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

Do you think there is something wrong with a pretty girl/boy who doesnt have a bf yet? Like do you ask yourself what issues she has if her looks isnt getting her anywhere?

EDIT: To make it clear... I am not asking how important looks are (even though they are - its just that each individual has different standards) I am asking why would someone who seems to be able to get anyone they want - cant keep anyone - do you then ask yourself, hmmm there must be something wrong?

Thoughts and opinions?

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
No there's nothing wrong with you, what a stupid question :lol:
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sajedene

No there's nothing wrong with you, what a stupid question :lol:DrSponge

Its not me genius... I have a bf.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

[QUOTE="DrSponge"]No there's nothing wrong with you, what a stupid question :lol:Sajedene

Its not me genius... I have a bf.

Well then there's nothing wrong with your friend. Does it matter who it is?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Not everyone has to be in a relationship at all times, that's be insanity, there's nothing wrong with a girl/guy/transvestite who doesn't have a bf/gf/tf, it's just that, diving into something just because it's there is far worse than holding out for something potentially meaningful.

I have a gf before you accuse me of attempting justification.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
When i want to be with a women i try my best to look passed the good looks and see if i like her personality or not.Although,good looks is a bonus,just not the most important thing.
Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#7 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts
of course - there is something wrong
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sajedene
No I'm not talking about choosing not to be in a relationship... I am talking about those who have the potential to bag a mate - but just cant seem to? There are people like that out there.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

No I'm not talking about choosing not to be in a relationship... I am talking about those who have the potential to bag a mate - but just cant seem to? There are people like that out there. Sajedene

Well, everyone on earth has the potential to bag a mate, I mean, even the world's fattest man has a gf, you seen that documentary? Anyways, sometimes it just doesn't work out at first, I mean, if she's never made a move, then she could alter her chances by doing that, making a first move, some guys (like me) are insecure about it all, my current gf made the first move on me, it was great, my ex, I made the first move, took me a month to work it up, so, you know. If she's willing to make a move, and tries a few times and still finds no receptive guy, well, then she needs to examine the types of guys she's asking. No one should ever alter themselves in any way to find a relationship, you'll always revert to what's natural, and if it's that different from who your are, the reversion will be a relationship killer.

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts
Clearly they are not trying hard enough towards getting a man. Does this so called pretty girl have her eyes on any men.Has she chosen a particular man?
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sajedene

Clearly they are not trying hard enough towards getting a man. Does this so called pretty girl have her eyes on any men.Has she chosen a particular man?kulmiye

Its not the getting that is difficult... its the keeping. And I know shes going to come crying to me again so I want some stuff to tell her because its getting quite repepetive.

HALO2cookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HALO2cookie
Member since 2004 • 5846 Posts
Maybe they don't want to be in a comitted relationship.... =P
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Probably his/her personality is ugly...
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
I would say that they probably don't desire to have a partner or they didn't communicate so well with previous partners.
kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts

Its not the getting that is difficult... its the keeping. And I know shes going to come crying to me again so I want some stuff to tell her because its getting quite repepetive.

Sajedene

That is where my advice stops sadly since I myself has yet to get a gf. Maybe you should tell her straight and say you don't want her crying on your shoulder and ask why she continously fails and keeping a guy. Maybe it has to do with other men in her life. Who knows?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
There's nothing wrong with being single. There are a variety of legit reasons why someone may not be in a current relationship.
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
your friend sounds a lot like me, minus the crying part >_>
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
nope nothing wrong with that, some people have been hurt in the past and dont want to be put through heartbreak again, some people are scared of getting serious with someone, there are several reasons why someone might not be in a relationship even if they have good looks
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#19 Alaarajab
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts
No if your not ready for a realationship you shouldent push your self to get a boy friend of girl frie
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
The person could be shy for one. I know I'm not the best looking guy around, but trim my hair, shave my beard and I can be pretty good looking. I don't have a girlfriend. Nothing wrong with that.
DuskyDawny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DuskyDawny
Member since 2008 • 309 Posts
Is she following a pattern? (e.g. Only going after one type of guy, sleeping with him after a certain amount of dates, etc...)
chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chazer127
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts

Well I have had only 1 GF, and that only lasted 4 weeks, so is there something wrong with me? I think not as people get GF/BF at diferent times, You dont see all 12 year olds going out with someone at the same time.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sajedene

Nah - shes not like shes dating the same type of jerks. I am really considering that she does sabotage the relationship in some way - whether shes conscious of it or not. I dont know - I've had her exes tell me shes either too clingy, or too distant, too emotional or too *starts with a b and ends in a y* Its all over the radar.

your friend sounds a lot like me, minus the crying part >_>Pearl_of_Egypt

Really? How so?

halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
nope not at all
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pearl_of_Egypt

Nah - shes not like shes dating the same type of jerks. I am really considering that she does sabotage the relationship in some way - whether shes conscious of it or not. I dont know - I've had her exes tell me shes either too clingy, or too distant, too emotional or too *starts with a b and ends in a y* Its all over the radar.

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]your friend sounds a lot like me, minus the crying part >_>Sajedene

Really? How so?

I have lots of trouble with relationships. I mean I've had 3 but there are always 2-3 years between them where I can't find anyone I want to be with and they don't usually last long. sometimes I think there's something wrong with me :?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127526 Posts
Never done much thinking about it, but I guess that they either can't find one, or won't have one.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
Too many variables for me to make an assumption on why he/she is single
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MattUD1

I have lots of trouble with relationships. I mean I've had 3 but there are always 2-3 years between them where I can't find anyone I want to be with and they don't usually last long. sometimes I think there's something wrong with me :?

Pearl_of_Egypt
Were the guys jerks?
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Yes there's something wrong. The world will end.
martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

Something probably is wrong especially when you mentioned exs.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pearl_of_Egypt
[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]

MattUD1

Were the guys jerks?

one was, but that lasted about 2 months. the other 2 guys weren't though, then after a year and a half with the last one, he did turn out to be a jerk unexpectidely. I think I just have trouble trusting a person enough to be in a relationship with them, and that last relationship certainly didn't help.

MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MattUD1
[QUOTE="MattUD1"][QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]

Pearl_of_Egypt

Were the guys jerks?

one was, but that lasted about 2 months. the other 2 guys weren't though, then after a year and a half with the last one, he did turn out to be a jerk unexpectidely. I think I just have trouble trusting a person enough to be in a relationship with them, and that last relationship certainly didn't help.

If they were all jerks then the problem might not have been with you. I have a friend like that. I hardly see her but every time I get in contact with her it seems that she has a new boyfriend from last time. I'm not trying to sound mean when I say this but usually both parties have something they need to work on, but I understand the whole trusting issue.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
I dunno, maybe they are really shy?
lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lim_ak
Member since 2003 • 1545 Posts
It depends really, if your friend learns well then messing up relationships now seems like somewhat of a good idea. If not then well just give her a slight nudge in the right direction. And guess what some guys are jerks, some girls are jerks (does that actually work, is there some female equivalent to the word jerk, I mean b**** is kind of different to jerkness /tangent) and maybe your friend is just horribly unlucky like having a D20 that can't seem to roll over a 5 (sorry been playing neverwinter nights over the weekend so I have D&D in my head right now /tangent number 2). Maybe subconsiously she wants to be single. I suppose thats my stupidly long winded way of saying not a darn clue.
Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sajedene
Yeah ... it seems that a lot of breakups end up where the guy is a jerk and the girl is the b****. I agree that it is always a two way street.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
No, definitely not...
ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
It could be that her previous boyfriends are just not the type she should be with, i.e. guys that don't want a committing relationship, just want a "one time fling." If that is the case, then she should try looking elsewhere.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
definately not. she just hasnt found the right guy.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

Depends.....quite possible there is something going on....not necessarily wrong. Every situation is different.

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts

Pearl_of_Egypt

Sounds almost like what happened to me in the passed. All seem nice and the type that wouldn't be jerks, but five out of the six cheated on me, and the sixth one turned out to be a jerk, almost as if he was in love with his friend. :? That created trusting issues for me and made me wonder if something is wrong with me because of all the times I've been cheated on, like I'm a vile creature that no one wants.

However, I found the guy that wants me and I'm happy being with him. :)