Do you think the Government have our best interest?

  • 77 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Do you think the Government have our best interest? (43 votes)

I think they do, and I am ready to be their pawn and kill people in another country because the Government said they are bad. 5%
I support them on their war on "terror" I support predator drones to blow up kids, but they do hide some stuff from us. 2%
They are ok, they have some secrets and I don't blindly listen to them, but they are good for us. 12%
I see right though them, they always deceive and manipulate us, to control us though fear. They have alot of hidden agendas. 49%
I don't trust them, but they not evil devil worshipers either. 33%

I live in the uk, how do you see your Government, do you trust them and are willing to die for them, or you see their BS?

Guy Fawkes is a hero to me, he almost burned down Parliament!

I see the Government has the Empire from star wars ruling with an iron fist controlling though fear, prime minister/president is Darth Vader, but is merely just a puppet to greater forces such as the Emperor.

#51 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

#52 Edited by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

@ultimate-k:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

also, you said guy fawkes was your hero.

You're an idiot. He planned to kill people because he didn't want the Protestant church to break away from the catholic church. (he was very late to the party there). So basically, what he did was the equivalent to that of the Taliban do today, where they kill people, and target government officials based on how they have different religious views.

He also attempted to kidnap and kill the children of parliament members. i.e. innocent children. and kill them to send a message.

Thank god he was stopped.

So to summarize, you're a paranoid idiot with a poor understanding of history and you worship the Christian equivalent of Osama bin Ladin. I know that much about you.

You should feel bad.

#53 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@ultimate-k:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

also, you said guy fawkes was your hero.

You're an idiot. He planned to kill people because he didn't want the Protestant church to break away from the catholic church. (he was very late to the party there). So basically, what he did was the equivalent to that of the Taliban do today, where they kill people, and target government officials based on how they have different religious views.

He also attempted to kidnap and kill the children of parliament members. i.e. innocent children. and kill them to send a message.

Thank god he was stopped.

So to summarize, you're a paranoid idiot with a poor understanding of history and you worship the Christian equivalent of Osama bin Ladin. I know that much about you.

You should feel bad.

History is written by the victors, how would you know it is the truth? You have a poor understanding how the world works. Maybe you should look at other perspectives instead of what the system tells you,

I can tell that you just listen to what the system tells you to think.

And you still haven't answered the question, what do you think of the Government? You seem to like defending them.

#54 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

No. Phuck no.

#55 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

@ultimate-k: you're literally too stupid to insult.

#56 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72482 posts) -

i don't trust the goverment overall, because most of them don't know how regular people live or how stuff works. I don't think politicians are evil, just ignorant

#57 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

$100 says that ultimate-k is some teenaged kid who, for some reason that evades the rest of us, knows more about the world than all the sheeple.

#58 Edited by SUD123456 (4488 posts) -

@coolbeans90 said:

$100 says that ultimate-k is some teenaged kid who, for some reason that evades the rest of us, knows more about the world than all the sheeple.

No doubt. When you work the fryer at McDonalds you learn shit...gritty real world shit.

#59 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -

sheeple have tight wet fleece, check it!

interests are like subjective

but really why does motive matter? how about accountability for action?

#60 Edited by Person0 (2944 posts) -

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

Yeah a guy that wanted to install a Theocracy is a good role model for the government being for the people.

#62 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@coolbeans90 said:

$100 says that ultimate-k is some teenaged kid who, for some reason that evades the rest of us, knows more about the world than all the sheeple.

I am just awoken, there are others like me, you just have to wake up! I see the bars of my prison, no one else can see them, apart from the awoken!

You have to learn about the world yourself, because the system won't tell you!

#64 Edited by Hemmaroids (3162 posts) -

Hell no they don't. Boston Manhunt = Constitutional violation. They are drone happy and proved it when they used drones in the alabama hostage situation where that dude kidnapped that kid from the bus and shot the schoolbus driver. WTF THEY USE DRONES! THEY HAD THAT GUY TRAPPED IN HIS UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!!

They will have some of my interest if they don't raise the debt ceiling. I can't raise my debt so why the hell should The Man?

@deeliman said:

No, they don't. If they did have our best interest, they would prevent you from making threads.

lol

#65 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151504 posts) -

That's not a black or white issue. Does it server your self interest for the government to stand between you and invasion? Does it serve your self interest for laws to be enacted to protect you, your family, and your property? Does it serve your self interest if programs are put in place to help you if you are in poverty? To provide a chance for higher education?

Does the government often act in it's own self interest?

The question is can you live with the latter to have the former?

#68 Posted by thegerg (15471 posts) -

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@ultimate-k:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

also, you said guy fawkes was your hero.

You're an idiot. He planned to kill people because he didn't want the Protestant church to break away from the catholic church. (he was very late to the party there). So basically, what he did was the equivalent to that of the Taliban do today, where they kill people, and target government officials based on how they have different religious views.

He also attempted to kidnap and kill the children of parliament members. i.e. innocent children. and kill them to send a message.

Thank god he was stopped.

So to summarize, you're a paranoid idiot with a poor understanding of history and you worship the Christian equivalent of Osama bin Ladin. I know that much about you.

You should feel bad.

History is written by the victors, how would you know it is the truth? You have a poor understanding how the world works. Maybe you should look at other perspectives instead of what the system tells you,

I can tell that you just listen to what the system tells you to think.

And you still haven't answered the question, what do you think of the Government? You seem to like defending them.

Can you tell us, then, the truth behind Guy Fawkes?

#69 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@ultimate-k:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

also, you said guy fawkes was your hero.

You're an idiot. He planned to kill people because he didn't want the Protestant church to break away from the catholic church. (he was very late to the party there). So basically, what he did was the equivalent to that of the Taliban do today, where they kill people, and target government officials based on how they have different religious views.

He also attempted to kidnap and kill the children of parliament members. i.e. innocent children. and kill them to send a message.

Thank god he was stopped.

So to summarize, you're a paranoid idiot with a poor understanding of history and you worship the Christian equivalent of Osama bin Ladin. I know that much about you.

You should feel bad.

History is written by the victors, how would you know it is the truth? You have a poor understanding how the world works. Maybe you should look at other perspectives instead of what the system tells you,

I can tell that you just listen to what the system tells you to think.

And you still haven't answered the question, what do you think of the Government? You seem to like defending them.

Can you tell us, then, the truth behind Guy Fawkes?

He was the hero that England needed but not what it deserved!

The victors write the history, instead of putting him on a fire on November 5th, I'am going to celebrate, by the fact he got close to burning down Parliament.

#70 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wWwCRi9euo#t=24

#71 Posted by thegerg (15471 posts) -

@ultimate-k said:

@thegerg said:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@ultimate-k:

@ultimate-k said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

Op is pretty dumb.

You also seem to have this weird afraid of technology thing going on with the drones.

Summarized; you're dumb and paranoid.

Summarized closed minded, and sheepish, plus dumb.

See how easy to call someone over the internet names, of people you know jack shit about?

also, you said guy fawkes was your hero.

You're an idiot. He planned to kill people because he didn't want the Protestant church to break away from the catholic church. (he was very late to the party there). So basically, what he did was the equivalent to that of the Taliban do today, where they kill people, and target government officials based on how they have different religious views.

He also attempted to kidnap and kill the children of parliament members. i.e. innocent children. and kill them to send a message.

Thank god he was stopped.

So to summarize, you're a paranoid idiot with a poor understanding of history and you worship the Christian equivalent of Osama bin Ladin. I know that much about you.

You should feel bad.

History is written by the victors, how would you know it is the truth? You have a poor understanding how the world works. Maybe you should look at other perspectives instead of what the system tells you,

I can tell that you just listen to what the system tells you to think.

And you still haven't answered the question, what do you think of the Government? You seem to like defending them.

Can you tell us, then, the truth behind Guy Fawkes?

He was the hero that England needed but not what it deserved!

The victors write the history, instead of putting him on a fire on November 5th, I'am going to celebrate, by the fact he got close to burning down Parliament.

Can you tell us, then, the truth behind Guy Fawkes?

#72 Posted by MuddyMaestro (10346 posts) -

The wording of the topic makes the answer pretty black and white. Assuming the word "our" represents every citizen of a nation, then there'll naturally be conflicting interests that prevent the government from having everyone's best interests. Still, the government generally does well at upholding the values of the public, but the fact will remain that there's always potential for improvement. At least, government in its current state (within most developed countries) is better than anarchy.

#73 Posted by ZEYAAM898 (1921 posts) -

NO. Just look around you . . .

#74 Posted by jimkabrhel (15420 posts) -

As an American, I think there are part of the government that do look out for me, but I have a difficult time hearing politicians declare that they are representing "the American People" when they are not. They are representing a gerrymandered district and a set of corporate overlords. Or just themselves.

#75 Edited by WSGRandomPerson (13693 posts) -

No.

#76 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

@Hemmaroids:

@Hemmaroids said:

Hell no they don't. Boston Manhunt = Constitutional violation. They are drone happy and proved it when they used drones in the alabama hostage situation where that dude kidnapped that kid from the bus and shot the schoolbus driver. WTF THEY USE DRONES! THEY HAD THAT GUY TRAPPED IN HIS UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!!

They will have some of my interest if they don't raise the debt ceiling. I can't raise my debt so why the hell should The Man?

@deeliman said:

No, they don't. If they did have our best interest, they would prevent you from making threads.

lol

Because there would be another global economic collapse otherwise?

#77 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Only if you're the CEO of Goldman Sachs, or General Motors.

#78 Posted by Revixe06 (1021 posts) -

Bahaha. No.

#79 Posted by Hemmaroids (3162 posts) -

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@Hemmaroids:

@Hemmaroids said:

Hell no they don't. Boston Manhunt = Constitutional violation. They are drone happy and proved it when they used drones in the alabama hostage situation where that dude kidnapped that kid from the bus and shot the schoolbus driver. WTF THEY USE DRONES! THEY HAD THAT GUY TRAPPED IN HIS UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!!

They will have some of my interest if they don't raise the debt ceiling. I can't raise my debt so why the hell should The Man?

@deeliman said:

No, they don't. If they did have our best interest, they would prevent you from making threads.

lol

Because there would be another global economic collapse otherwise?

No proof yet what would happen if they don't raise it since it hasn't happen before. Thus a conclusion on what would happen doesn't mean anything.

#80 Posted by stev69 (114 posts) -

Governments are just people, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Whenever people govern people there will always be corruption and self interest. I see plenty of threads railing against governments, what I never see is anyone offering viable alternatives.

#81 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3953 posts) -

@Hemmaroids said:

@MakeMeaSammitch said:

@Hemmaroids:

@Hemmaroids said:

Hell no they don't. Boston Manhunt = Constitutional violation. They are drone happy and proved it when they used drones in the alabama hostage situation where that dude kidnapped that kid from the bus and shot the schoolbus driver. WTF THEY USE DRONES! THEY HAD THAT GUY TRAPPED IN HIS UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!!

They will have some of my interest if they don't raise the debt ceiling. I can't raise my debt so why the hell should The Man?

@deeliman said:

No, they don't. If they did have our best interest, they would prevent you from making threads.

lol

Because there would be another global economic collapse otherwise?

No proof yet what would happen if they don't raise it since it hasn't happen before. Thus a conclusion on what would happen doesn't mean anything.

And the "proof" would be a global economic collapse.

No thanks.

Yeah giving the banks a bail out sucks, but the alternative of them defaulting and bringing down the economy with them isn't a nice alternative.

#82 Edited by famicommander (8524 posts) -

No, I believe, like any other entity in society, that the various institutions that make up the government are all acting in their OWN self interests, even when those interests clash with those of individuals, society at large, and even other arms of the government.