Do you think "Zombies" are a good topic for a Research Paper?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
This is a 10 page MLA format highschool research paper. Nothing that big. I want to do my research paper on zombies (hollywood zombies, philosophical zombies, folklore zombies, social activist zombies, Haitian "voodoo" zombies,and other variations of zombies). My English teacher said it would be an interesting topic and described Haitian zombies to me. I chose this topic because I love zombie films and videogames and it is a research topic that I would enjoy researching. The only problem is that im not sure if I could actually get 10 pages of information on zombies. I was also think about doing the evolution, history, orign, technology, and effects of Videogames:roll:.Do you guys think I should stick to this topic or choose a different one? If so, what do you think would be a better topic?
#2 Posted by Mercury_May2112 (2507 posts) -
At least it's original. Wish I thought of it first. Well most is just opinions based off of movies and media. But you coulg get 10 pages of it. DO IT!
#3 Posted by TongHua (2929 posts) -
I am Legend zombie vampires.
#4 Posted by Putzwapputzen (4462 posts) -
yeah actually, thats a great topic. just make sure you include the history of it, and how the zombies topic came to our society.
#5 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
I am Legend zombie vampires.TongHua
I think there just vampires but DONT TELL ME, I want to read the book/ see the movie, which ever comes first for me.
#6 Posted by Kon323 (337 posts) -
Actually, you can study up on zombification in voodoo practices.
#7 Posted by nivet14 (5329 posts) -
No, go with something else.
#8 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
yeah actually, thats a great topic. just make sure you include the history of it, and how the zombies topic came to our society.Putzwapputzen
I'm not sure where to find "how it came to our society" but i could probably find history/ origin.
#9 Posted by TongHua (2929 posts) -

[QUOTE="TongHua"]I am Legend zombie vampires.salty5674
I think there just vampires but DONT TELL ME, I want to read the book/ see the movie, which ever comes first for me.

i've already read the book >____>

On another note, read needs a different past tense.

#10 Posted by Rath_01 (1163 posts) -
Since you got the okay from your teacher I say go for it. I usually got pretty good grades on papers when I used unusual topics.
#11 Posted by gameguy6700 (12197 posts) -
If you look at all the kinds of zombies (pop culture zombies, voodoo zombies, etc) like what you're already planning on doing you could easily get 10 pages worth of information. if anything your biggest problem would be condensing it all down into just 10 pages.
#12 Posted by lycrof (6393 posts) -
Read from the good book...
#13 Posted by GunnerVIII (4135 posts) -
If you make it sound legit, because Zombies aren't such a popular topic.
#14 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
Read from the good book... lycrof
Yeah i was actually planning on reading that before Iwas even assignedthe research paper. That, and Max Brook's "World War Z" whichis being madeinto a film.
#15 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
If you make it sound legit, because Zombies aren't such a popular topic.GunnerVIII
Exactly why I chose it. I wanted something that I was sure my English teacher hasn't read about 100 times, such as Abortion, Legalization of marijuana, Drinking age, Sports, JFK, Native American history (especially after my last Native American history project...), American history.
#16 Posted by princeof-persia (47 posts) -
You could do a history of the myth of zombies, then go up with the Hollywood view, the video game view and then end with a quick cap up. The idea seems pretty cool. Too bad I couldn't do that as a topic for English :x!
#17 Posted by buxboy (6940 posts) -
Best damn idea I have ever heard. If it was mine, I would do it.
#18 Posted by Mr_Jingles92 (52 posts) -
hecksss yah
#19 Posted by Dr_Brocoli (3724 posts) -
man, 10 pages on info about zombies is easy !
#20 Posted by kornholio360 (6973 posts) -
I think that you'd be fine for doind a 10 page report on zombies...considering how much information The Zombie Survival Guide has on zombies...:P And since you'll be talking about the different types, it should be good.
#21 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.
#22 Posted by tehdiabetic (460 posts) -
YES!!! best idea ever. I love zombies, thats a great idea. You should read Max Brooks' books: The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z.
#23 Posted by jrhawk42 (12764 posts) -

but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.salty5674

Yea there's tons of reference books on a number of stupid topics. I suggest going to your library and finding out what journals you're able to get. JSTOR is great but I'm not too sure too many high schools would have that.

If you properly research your topic you should have no problem filling up 10 pages, but since you are a high schooler chances are you're not really that great at research.

#24 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
YES!!! best idea ever. I love zombies, thats a great idea. You should read Max Brooks' books: The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z.tehdiabetic
Yes I was planning on reading those before I was even assigned this project.
#25 Posted by zh666 (5067 posts) -
in high school i wrote my research paper on George Romero (this was before crap like Bruiser and Land of the Dead came out)... I got a B+
#26 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -

[QUOTE="salty5674"]but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.jrhawk42

there's tons of reference books on a number of stupid topics. I suggest going to your library and finding out what journals you're able to get. JSTOR is great but I'm not too sure too many high schools would have that.

If you properly research your topic you should have no problem filling up 10 pages, but since you are a high schooler chances are you're not really that great at research.

Dont ASSUME, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME. My last 2 projects for this class were "scavenger hunt research projects". Since it was the first time I did this kind of research I spent lots of time on it but so did my other classmates. I got all my research though and I'm actually pretty good at research.
#27 Posted by Bauers-Twin (14150 posts) -
yes, interesting, sciency, original
#28 Posted by ninjacat11 (5008 posts) -
It could help us in the event of a zombie outbreak.
#29 Posted by tehdiabetic (460 posts) -

It could help us in the event of a zombie outbreak.ninjacat11

Do you have a zombie plan? for when it happens.

#30 Posted by jrhawk42 (12764 posts) -
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

[QUOTE="salty5674"]but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.salty5674

there's tons of reference books on a number of stupid topics. I suggest going to your library and finding out what journals you're able to get. JSTOR is great but I'm not too sure too many high schools would have that.

Dont ASSUME, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME. My last 2 projects for this ****were "scavenger hunt research projects". Since it was the first time I did this kind of research I spent lots of time on it but so did my other ****ates. I got all my research though and I'm actually pretty good at research.

No assumption was made I said high schoolers are bad at research, and made the observation you were a high schooler therfore it's possible you are bad at research. I never assumed you were bad at research, but I did state a possibilty (although a good researcher would of done pre-research on the top and found if there were enough sources on the topic instead of consulting an internet forum). I suggest you get a dictionary and learn what an assumption is before making a fool out of yourself again.

#31 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
[QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

[QUOTE="salty5674"]but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.jrhawk42

Dont ASSUME, it just makes an ASS out of U and ME. My last 2 projects for this ****were "scavenger hunt research projects". Since it was the first time I did this kind of research I spent lots of time on it but so did my other ****ates. I got all my research though and I'm actually pretty good at research.

No assumption was made I said high schoolers are bad at research, and made the observation you were a high schooler therfore it's possible you are bad at research. I never assumed you were bad at research, but I did state a possibilty (although a good researcher would of done pre-research on the top and found if there were enough sources on the topic instead of consulting an internet forum). I suggest you get a dictionary and learn what an assumption is before making a fool out of yourself again.

I already did pre-research before coming here so according to you... I am a good researcher.

#32 Posted by tomxizor (11767 posts) -
Include the legacy of George A. Romero's and Lucio Fulci's zombie flicks. ;)
#33 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
Include the legacy of George A. Romero's and Lucio Fulci's zombie flicks. ;)tomxizor
Oh I will include George, the other guy... not so much.
#34 Posted by zh666 (5067 posts) -

[QUOTE="tomxizor"]Include the legacy of George A. Romero's and Lucio Fulci's zombie flicks. ;)salty5674
Oh I will include George, the other guy... not so much.

good, Fulci is overrated, zombie film wise, he made one really good, proper zombie flick (Zombie / Zombi 2), while his other zombie projects are good atmosphereic horror movies.. they're crappy zombie flicks..

#35 Posted by Quadrifoglio (5451 posts) -

This is a 10 page MLA format highschool research paper. Nothing that big. I want to do my research paper on zombies (hollywood zombies, philosophical zombies, folklore zombies, social activist zombies, Haitian "voodoo" zombies,and other variations of zombies). My English teacher said it would be an interesting topic and described Haitian zombies to me. I chose this topic because I love zombie films and videogames and it is a research topic that I would enjoy researching. The only problem is that im not sure if I could actually get 10 pages of information on zombies. I was also think about doing the evolution, history, orign, technology, and effects of Videogames:roll:.Do you guys think I should stick to this topic or choose a different one? If so, what do you think would be a better topic?salty5674

You would definetely get credit for being imaginative!

#36 Posted by jus2nyce (1574 posts) -
Play Stubbs the Zombie he has this wicked move called the diaphragm bomb... WICKED
#37 Posted by jrhawk42 (12764 posts) -
[QUOTE="jrhawk42"][QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

[QUOTE="salty5674"]but I mean i need 4 books with information and a couple of websites. Do you guys think I can get reference books with information.salty5674

I already did pre-research before coming here so according to you... I am a good researcher.

and if all dogs are brown, and my couch is brown therefore my couch is a dog.

#38 Posted by GettingTired (5994 posts) -
Nope. I'll give you a good topic. "Why Russia should biogenetically engineer raptors to revive the Soviet Union and complete the goal of world domination". You can thank me later.
#39 Posted by DivineSword (15744 posts) -
Good topic, you get the ten ages easily.
#40 Posted by salty5674 (927 posts) -
[QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"][QUOTE="salty5674"][QUOTE="jrhawk42"]

and if all dogs are brown, and my couch is brown therefore my couch is a dog.

It is better to be Socrates unsatisfied than a pig satisfied.

#41 Posted by PdPstyle (245 posts) -
cool topic, just make sure to keep it lagit, mention the stuff from haitii or what ever its called
#42 Posted by EwanMac (879 posts) -
I'd give you an A. Go for it, original, and interesting.