Do you think one day Technolgy will let us breathe underwater?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

Would be amazing if they could come up with something that we humans can breathe underwater and see underwater without swimming masks on . What other cool things you hope happen inthe future?

#2 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I suppose I might not be afraid of water then. That would be cool.

#3 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

You can already do it. Seriously. Go try it.

#4 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -

Oleg_Huzwog
lol
#5 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

I suppose I might not be afraid of water then. That would be cool.

IdioticIcarus
Well other than sharks and other fishes you would have to fight off from killing you lol
#6 Posted by Kevlar101 (6144 posts) -
I believe that one day there will be a scuba suit that will be able to convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen.
#7 Posted by comp_atkins (31432 posts) -
I believe that one day there will be a scuba suit that will be able to convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen.Kevlar101
i guess that'd be useful for swimming in soda...
#8 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
[QUOTE="Oleg_Huzwog"]

LJS9502_basic
lol

Don't encourage his rude behavior LJ
#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Oxygen tank?
#10 Posted by dave123321 (34076 posts) -
I guess that would be neat.
#11 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]I believe that one day there will be a scuba suit that will be able to convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen.comp_atkins

Yeah that sounds sweet
#12 Posted by Edziscs (444 posts) -

What?! I feel stupid now.

#13 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -
[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Kevlar101"]I believe that one day there will be a scuba suit that will be able to convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen.AussieePet

Yeah that sounds sweet

and sticky:?
#14 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Once that happens I'm marrying me a cute mermaid mm mm
#15 Posted by indzman (17825 posts) -

For me technology 'd be rocking when video games feels like actual real life ( in terms of graphics ). Close came Crysis, now need ultimate technology experience with future games.

#16 Posted by TwoFace-BS (10395 posts) -
[QUOTE="sexyweapons"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Yeah that sounds sweet

Thats what she said?
#17 Posted by BranKetra (48625 posts) -

Would be amazing if they could come up with something that we humans can breathe underwater and see underwater without swimming masks on . What other cool things you hope happen inthe future?

AussieePet

Mask-less underwater breathing technology will most likely be developed in the future.

Personally, I am interested in human augmentation. It would be akin to adding another layer to a building's superstructure. The suit would be a powered exoskeleton which would augment the user's physical attributes such as strength, speed, and agility. The most limiting attributes of current exosuit technology are quickness and agility. However, there are other factors that need to be improved for this to have widespread commerical use. Companies are working on improving this technology with the disabled as the target consumer. The following link has more information about this growing industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

Current models:

a

Hybrid Assistive Limb (Commercially available in Japan)

a

DARPA Exoskeleton (Prototype stage)

The goal:

a

Black Panther Armor

a

Iron Man Suit (Bleeding Edge Armor)

#18 Posted by D3nnyCrane (11986 posts) -
I hope for technology that forces me to blow into a breathyliser before using a computer. If I'm too pissed, it'll shut down until morning.
#19 Posted by Kevlar101 (6144 posts) -
[QUOTE="TwoFace-BS"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"][QUOTE="AussieePet"] Yeah that sounds sweet

Thats what she said?

:lol:
#20 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"] i guess that'd be useful for swimming in soda...sexyweapons
Yeah that sounds sweet

i was just thinking of that on the other hand you can lick it all off
#21 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]

BranKetra

Mask-less underwater breathing technology will most likely be developed in the future.

Personally, I am interested in human augmentation. It would be akin to adding another layer to a building's superstructure. The suit would be a powered exoskeleton which would augment the user's physical attributes such as strength, speed, and agility. The most limiting attributes of current exosuit technology are quickness and agility. However, there are other factors that need to be improved for this to have widespread commerical use. Companies are working on improving this technology with the disabled as the target consumer. The following link has more information about this growing industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_exoskeleton

Current models:

a

Hybrid Assistive Limb (Commercially available in Japan)

a

DARPA Exoskeleton (Prototype stage)

The goal:

a

Black Panther Armor

a

Iron Man Suit (Bleeding Edge Armor)

lol that would be amazing 2 , we would be super heros
#22 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

You already can do both. It isn't hard to open your eyes underwater and still see. It might not be clear, but you can still make out what is what. SCUBA does wonders for being able to breathe underwater. I thoroughly enjoyed diving while living on Okinawa. Never saw a shark though sea snakes were common.

#23 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

well i guess your not talking about scuba gear because we can do that already. I supposed they could make a mask or something in the future that can pull oxygen from the surrounding water but im guessing we are really far off from something like that being in a portable mask.

#24 Posted by lo_Pine (5048 posts) -

Oleg_Huzwog
He really means this guys... there are devices called something like scuba.
#25 Posted by ZumaJones07 (16458 posts) -
that's been a dream of mine, to breath underwater. i'd go so deep.
#26 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
that's been a dream of mine, to breath underwater. i'd go so deep.ZumaJones07
Thats sound waterful lol plus i think everyone is confused about what i mean
#27 Posted by frannkzappa (3101 posts) -

that's been a dream of mine, to breath underwater. i'd go so deep.ZumaJones07

good luck getting the bends.:D

#28 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I believe that one day there will be a scuba suit that will be able to convert Carbon Dioxide to Oxygen.Kevlar101
Lots of CO2 in water. Yep.
#29 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -

well i guess your not talking about scuba gear because we can do that already. I supposed they could make a mask or something in the future that can pull oxygen from the surrounding water but im guessing we are really far off from something like that being in a portable mask.

Gen007
I was thinking the same thing but there would be huuuge debates and controversy over the environmental damage that would do.
#30 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
BranKetra
MJOLNIR >>>
#31 Posted by bnarmz (1425 posts) -
[QUOTE="Gen007"]

FrostyPhantasm
I was thinking the same thing but there would be huuuge debates and controversy over the environmental damage that would do.

lol. Probably right. Even thou it would be like fishes, like having a set of gills.
#32 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

You mean like a SCUBA?

#33 Posted by thegerg (15268 posts) -
It already exists. Ignorance FTL.
#34 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -
I meant like you just wake up out of bed and jump in the ocean lol
#35 Posted by -Karmum- (3771 posts) -
Just open your eyes under the water...I don't see what the big deal is. Problem solved!
#36 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151093 posts) -
Just open your eyes under the water...I don't see what the big deal is. Problem solved!-Karmum-
Er what?
#37 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

Even if this ever happened, I would never be the one to go underwater anyway.

#38 Posted by -Karmum- (3771 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Karmum-"]Just open your eyes under the water...I don't see what the big deal is. Problem solved!LJS9502_basic
Er what?

see underwater without swimming masks on . What other cool things you hope happen inthe future? AussieePet

I mean...I wasn't being completely serious...

#40 Posted by AussieePet (11424 posts) -

TAMKFan
Why not ? i am sure its beautiful down in the sea you can explore a lot maybe find some treasure lol
#41 Posted by BranKetra (48625 posts) -
[QUOTE="AussieePet"] lol that would be amazing 2 , we would be super heros

Yes. That would be fun.
#42 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

AussieePet

Why not ? i am sure its beautiful down in the sea you can explore a lot maybe find some treasure lol

It's cold and wet.

No fun.

#43 Posted by soulless4now (41374 posts) -

I look forward to the day where all of us will live in Atlantis and we sing "Under the Sea" together. :3

#44 Posted by TAMKFan (32751 posts) -

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]

AussieePet

Oh, I just never really been a water person. I very rarely even swim in water as it is.

#45 Posted by Sandulf29 (14151 posts) -
By breathe if you mean some sort of mutation to have gills instead of lungs then no......I don't think that will be happening. Even if we are forced due to evolution it could ages. If you meant like a machine, then cheers we already have a thing called "scuba". Go try it! And it may develop more as technology improves
#46 Posted by Grandotaku (2118 posts) -

I honestly think we will make an underwater city before that happens.