Do you think it's possible we're living in a simulation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Generally, whenever I hear this get brought up, people scoff at it. In reality though, is it any odder/less likely than a form of god/whatever deity? I mean it would kind of make sense. It's just really odd how "perfect" everything is in our universe in terms of gravity, distribution of elements, etc. It's almost like everything has been "fine tuned" or tweaked in some way, because when you look at all the variables, everything is incredibly lucky. I've only read into it a tiny bit, so I'm sure someone else will have more to say on it then me. What do you think?

*I'm not trying to disprove religion or anything!
-Jiggles-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Jiggles-
Member since 2008 • 4356 Posts

I think you're paranoid, but that's just me.

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cpt_Meh

I think you're paranoid, but that's just me.

-Jiggles-

I don't believe that we are. I just saw a TV show the other day and it kinda intrigued me.
msudude211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 msudude211
Member since 2006 • 44517 Posts

Nah, I don't think so.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.Zaeryn

Good theory. Considering humans are much smarter than any animal that is on Earth.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.Zaeryn
Sounds like something from Starcraft.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I don't think so but I usually think that I'm dreaming but then I realise I can't be dreaming because I never heard of many of these people until now and if I was dreaming it would be someone I know about and since I don't know most people on here and the people I do know I don't know them in Real Life so I can't be dreaming.
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Austin-
Member since 2008 • 2417 Posts
Ha, I love joke threads...wait, this has to be a joke...right?
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts
The things that work so perfectly are 1 of billions of similar entities that didn't work. Gravity is by no means same across all situations, in fact in most, noting can exist. Our perfect little place in the cosmos is very, very chance occurance that barely happened at all. People who believe they are living in a simulated world are often Schizophrenics, seriously. It is a belief of unreality.
Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
Crap, people are finding out? Cpt_Meh needs more blue pills.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cpt_Meh

That race would have created all other life on our planet too, by that logic. Animals bodies work as well as ours do. We just have more brain power. And if I was a robot, I would be able to shoot lasers from my eyes.
tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
OMG teh matrix! :cry:
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zaeryn

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.pspdseagle

Good theory. Considering humans are much smarter than any animal that is on Earth.

Yeah, and considering that we're already creating life, using cloning, and creating robots already. A thousand years down the road, technology would be greatly improved and we could create something almost on par with ourselves. It sounds more realistic than religion, if you ask me. I'm not trying to start a religion war or anything, it's just a theory of mine.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 teh_destroyer
Member since 2004 • 35328 Posts
If it were true,then it would explain why there isnt much change in my every day life.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
It's almost like something intelligently designed us :o
-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Austin-
[QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.Zaeryn

Yeah, and considering that we're already creating life, using cloning, and creating robots already. A thousand years down the road, technology would be greatly improved and we could create something almost on par with ourselves. It sounds more realistic than religion, if you ask me. I'm not trying to start a religion war or anything, it's just a theory of mine.

Why does it make sense? This sounds almost as bad as Scientology.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I don't really see how people can describe our world as perfect. People die from diseases everyday. Doesn't sound perfect to me. Just because one planet can sustain life doesn't make it perfect. It's far from it.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaeryn
[QUOTE="Zaeryn"][QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.-Austin-

Well, we're already creating basic robots with our current technology. Give it some time, and we could create something almost like ourselves, with a will of it's own and everything. It's very possible, but then it brings up the questions of how they were created out of nothing, etc.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.pspdseagle

Yes, but a few other mamals are following in our footsteps in terms of things like intelligence and emotions. Maybe very far behind, but still.
cheetfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cheetfreak
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

*hacks this uber sim and proclaims self ruler of all the world*

Yep thats my plan. I WILL Rule the world one of these days....Just you wait

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

Generally, whenever I hear this get brought up, people scoff at it. In reality though, is it any odder/less likely than a form of god/whatever deity? I mean it would kind of make sense. It's just really odd how "perfect" everything is in our universe in terms of gravity, distribution of elements, etc. It's almost like everything has been "fine tuned" or tweaked in some way, because when you look at all the variables, everything is incredibly lucky. I've only read into it a tiny bit, so I'm sure someone else will have more to say on it then me. What do you think?

*I'm not trying to disprove religion or anything! Cpt_Meh

I doubt our world is "perfect." Humans and animals evolved to what we are today. We could live on any other planet, given time to adapt to its conditions.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bulldog19892
Member since 2005 • 3520 Posts
You just watched the Matrix didn't you. Yes, I think it could be possible. It's also possible that machine will overtake humanity in the future.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts
Just don't take the red pill and you'll be alright.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Yea we are. The rich and famous aren't really rich and famous, they just found the cheatcodes and won't tell anyone else. It's going to be game over soon though, so get ready to start from level 1.
Known2regect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Known2regect
Member since 2007 • 417 Posts

Wasnt that confirmed already?

But seriously, that's entirely possible, the human race is so perfect, it's confusing.

-Austin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Austin-
[QUOTE="-Austin-"][QUOTE="Zaeryn"][QUOTE="pspdseagle"]

[QUOTE="Zaeryn"]No, I don't agree with that. However, I think humans could just be advanced robots if you ask me. It's possible that another more advanced species somewhere else in the universe created us. If you think about how our bodies work perfectly and everything, it sort of makes sense. I'm not saying I believe in something like that, but it's possible with such a vast universe.Zaeryn

Well, we're already creating basic robots with our current technology. Give it some time, and we could create something almost like ourselves, with a will of it's own and everything. It's very possible, but then it brings up the questions of how they were created out of nothing, etc.

And somehow that proves that we are robots?

Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cpt_Meh
You just watched the Matrix didn't you. Yes, I think it could be possible. It's also possible that machine will overtake humanity in the future.Bulldog19892

Nah, I saw that years ago.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DivergeUnify

Wasnt that confirmed already?

But seriously, that's entirely possible, the human race is so perfect, it's confusing.

Known2regect
we're not perfect. How do you judge perfection? Is it impossible we evolve any further?
-Twilight-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Twilight-
Member since 2005 • 8931 Posts
You just watched the Matrix didn't you. Yes, I think it could be possible. It's also possible that machine will overtake humanity in the future.Bulldog19892
Could you imagine? Everyone would be screaming "WTF did nobody see I-Robot!?"
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
sure.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Possible, but nothing indicates its probability.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
i agree but i just think that the one to of created us is Gid, not an advanced species. our bodies and world are just so complex when you realy think about it. there has to be a creator.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
That too could be true, what if Earth is just a really big zoo :shock:
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts
Hmm, maybe we are in a MMO. If we are, our server sucks :evil:
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

This is what I believe also. How would are bodies be in a simulation. The thing about the Matrix to me that didn't make any sense was how the bodies were just sitting in liquid. Now how would a body builder's body get bigger in the Matrix if his body was just sitting in some liquid for real?

Andy7546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Andy7546
Member since 2004 • 598 Posts
There is no spoon, etc. etc.