Do you talk to people while in/using the restroom?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 CyleM
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

This might just be me but when I am trying to use the restroom I don't like people talking to me since I am trying to concentrate at the task at hand. A lot of people do it at my work and I think it is kinda weird, and I really think it is weird when two guys are in different stalls talking to each other. Is this just me or are some of you in the same boat as I am...

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Damnit...I need to find and link those old blog posts that Bozanimal did about bathroom etiquette! Ah'll be back!
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#3 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Yeah, people do it at my work too...I try to keep my head down and not make eye contact with anyone in the bathroom...Get in and get out as quickly as possible to avoid that. I can't hold a conversation and go at the same time...
Xx_Hopeless_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Xx_Hopeless_xX
Member since 2009 • 16562 Posts

No...i'm in the bathroom leave me the **** alone..:evil:

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
not when actually doing out business but if me and a friend are just washing our hands then sure.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

Oh, how I hate that. Do not talk to me while I am relieving myself.

Sidenote: Also, do not make eye contact with me while I am in the restroom...its creepy.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Oh god its always so awkward. Its like making eyes in a devils three way... I assume. :P
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
I like to make comments such as, "So I see you're using the EX453-B Model...how do you like it?"
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i usually don't talk to anyone unless it's my friend or something, and then i'll just say "hey" or something short like that. but if we're doing a group poop i might have a conversation with them.

makiveli100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 makiveli100
Member since 2008 • 507 Posts

not when actually doing out business but if me and a friend are just washing our hands then sure.Ontain

Same, I mean why would you want to know about how my day is going at that moment? If asked I say,"It was going fine until you sat on the toilet I'm using."

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts
If it's people i know? definitely. i used to have pee fights in the showers. nothing bothers me anymore.....
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I like to make comments such as, "So I see you're using the EX453-B Model...how do you like it?"FragStains
Haha, I used to work at a Military base some time ago and whenever someone tried to start up a chat or, for some reason, look at me at the urinal I would always says, "Eyes front Soldier." People tended to get pissed off.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nocoolnamejim
Excellent. I am back. Alright everyone, the legendary Bozanimal has published over the years what should be considered THE guide to bathroom etiquette. I've seen a boatload of bathroom related topics over the last couple of days. For anyone who is interested on what proper, polite society considers to be the way to conduct oneself in that room...I give you the four part masterpiece below. Number I - The original and still the bestNumber IINumber IIIThe Grand Finale
Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

I don't mind as much if it's a person I know and like, but yea...shut up, I'm trying to pee.

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

Excellent. I am back. Alright everyone, the legendary Bozanimal has published over the years what should be considered THE guide to bathroom etiquette. I've seen a boatload of bathroom related topics over the last couple of days. For anyone who is interested on what proper, polite society considers to be the way to conduct oneself in that room...I give you the four part masterpiece below. Number I - The original and still the bestNumber IINumber IIIThe Grand Finalenocoolnamejim

Those were great!

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

Excellent. I am back. Alright everyone, the legendary Bozanimal has published over the years what should be considered THE guide to bathroom etiquette. I've seen a boatload of bathroom related topics over the last couple of days. For anyone who is interested on what proper, polite society considers to be the way to conduct oneself in that room...I give you the four part masterpiece below.nocoolnamejim

"He might be your uncle or cousin. He might visit you at the rest stop on the highway. He might be at the airport. He might be anywhere and ready to disregard your sense of social boundaries at any time."

"He is the Violator."

:lol: man that made for a great - although somewhat disturbing read, thanks for digging it up.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
Not only do I talk, but also invite them to play swords.
Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
I have in the past.. Since we're talking about washrooms I may as well mention that I walked in on some dude doing drugs in a public washroom yesterday, it was quite awkward so I just relived myself and got the heck out of there.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Excellent. I am back. Alright everyone, the legendary Bozanimal has published over the years what should be considered THE guide to bathroom etiquette. I've seen a boatload of bathroom related topics over the last couple of days. For anyone who is interested on what proper, polite society considers to be the way to conduct oneself in that room...I give you the four part masterpiece below. Number I - The original and still the bestNumber IINumber IIIThe Grand Finale

Oh my...Such brilliance...
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nocoolnamejim
tocklestein, Bianca and Spazz: Heh, yes, disturbing...but also funny. :) And so topical to so many of these threads lately.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#21 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I not only talk to them but also offer assistance.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

bar restrooms, sometimes

i hate it

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

If I am talking to a friend and both of us enter the restroom I see no reason why we shouldn't keep talking. I also don't have a problem with people who try to talk to me while I am focusing on the job at hand.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

Of course I don't. That is against the man code. That is like taking the urinal right next to someone when there are 5 to choose from.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58504 Posts

yea, I go up to them at the urinal and ask "How's it hangin'?"

*bah dum, ting!*

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

This might just be me but when I am trying to use the restroom I don't like people talking to me since I am trying to concentrate at the task at hand. A lot of people do it at my work and I think it is kinda weird, and I really think it is weird when two guys are in different stalls talking to each other. Is this just me or are some of you in the same boat as I am...

CyleM
People try and do that at my office as well...especially the bosses...so I kind of have to...though I would prefer not to -I do not want to talk to people in the restroom However, I do talk on the phone while I am in the bathroom at home...hmmm
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CyleM
[QUOTE="spazzx625"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]Excellent. I am back. Alright everyone, the legendary Bozanimal has published over the years what should be considered THE guide to bathroom etiquette. I've seen a boatload of bathroom related topics over the last couple of days. For anyone who is interested on what proper, polite society considers to be the way to conduct oneself in that room...I give you the four part masterpiece below. Number I - The original and still the bestNumber IINumber IIIThe Grand Finale

Oh my...Such brilliance...

those are amazing!
CyleM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CyleM

[QUOTE="CyleM"]

rawsavon

People try and do that at my office as well...especially the bosses...so I kind of have to...though I would prefer not to -I do not want to talk to people in the restroom However, I do talk on the phone while I am in the bathroom at home...hmmm

I think talking on the phone is gross too, but I have done it before I just tell my wife I am dropping a deuce so she leaves me alone when she calls. It is also weird I have heard people texting while on the pot so you know their phone smells like crap and then they talk on it so the germs from using the restroom get in their mouths and their ears... pretty disgusting IMO.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Only when I fall in, get stuck, and need assistance.

Dman0017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dman0017
Member since 2007 • 4640 Posts
if people start talking to me while i'm using a urinal, i give them a look like this: [spoiler]  [/spoiler] they usually stop talking to me after that.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Funny story.

A few years ago, my buddy and I were wandering around the mall, waiting for another buddy to show up, and suddenly nature called. I told him I'd be back in a sec, and he said he'd join me, as he had to go as well.

So, we enter the restroom, and head over to the urinals. Now, I should tell you him and I simply don't get embarrassed. We've done some of the most ridiculous things in public just to get a laugh. Anyways, we head to the urinals, and start hosin'. Well, I start whistling the classic Mario Bros. tune, and loudly too, as it's one of those larger bathrooms that gives off a bit of an echo, it's the tile they use I suppose. A few notes in, he joins me, also whistling loudly.

A few seconds later, this dude in one of the stalls starts beat-boxing to the tune as we whistle it! I burst out laughing (and almost caused a mess doing so) but my buddy remains composed and keeps up the whistling as the guy in the stall beat-boxes along to it, and does really well too. Another guy comes in at this point, also a young guy, and stares in amused amazement as the bathroom is filled with a pretty awesome sounding tune. I'm zipping up at this point, composed enough to resume whistling again, and the new dude who came in starts drumming on the counter as the tune goes on. Awesome part is, we met up with the beat-boxing guy after and had a laugh, and all been friends ever since xD

(Also, yes, we did wash our hands.)

It was one of the most awesome things I've ever witnessed. I just thought I'd share that, the topic being mostly relevant. As for talking to strangers/co-workers in public bathrooms, I don't mind, when I'm just using a urinal anyways. Would like a bit of privacy for number 2. I usually don't initiate conversations though, as I know some people don't like it, just kinda do the "guy nod" as we pass eachother.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rawsavon
[QUOTE="CyleM"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="CyleM"]

I think talking on the phone is gross too, but I have done it before I just tell my wife I am dropping a deuce so she leaves me alone when she calls. It is also weird I have heard people texting while on the pot so you know their phone smells like crap and then they talk on it so the germs from using the restroom get in their mouths and their ears... pretty disgusting IMO.

germs...meh :P I have a little desk in my bathroom...pay bills, read a magizine, used to study...whatever -I just put my phone on speaker and set it on there if certain people call
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rawsavon
[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Funny story.

A few years ago, my buddy and I were wandering around the mall, waiting for another buddy to show up, and suddenly nature called. I told him I'd be back in a sec, and he said he'd join me, as he had to go as well.

So, we enter the restroom, and head over to the urinals. Now, I should tell you him and I simply don't get embarrassed. We've done some of the most ridiculous things in public just to get a laugh. Anyways, we head to the urinals, and start hosin'. Well, I start whistling the classic Mario Bros. tune, and loudly too, as it's one of those larger bathrooms that gives off a bit of an echo, it's the tile they use I suppose. A few notes in, he joins me, also whistling loudly.

A few seconds later, this dude in one of the stalls starts beat-boxing to the tune as we whistle it! I burst out laughing (and almost caused a mess doing so) but my buddy remains composed and keeps up the whistling as the guy in the stall beat-boxes along to it, and does really well too. Another guy comes in at this point, also a young guy, and stares in amused amazement as the bathroom is filled with a pretty awesome sounding tune. I'm zipping up at this point, composed enough to resume whistling again, and the new dude who came in starts drumming on the counter as the tune goes on. Awesome part is, we met up with the beat-boxing guy after and had a laugh, and all been friends ever since xD

(Also, yes, we did wash our hands.)

It was one of the most awesome things I've ever witnessed. I just thought I'd share that, the topic being mostly relevant. As for talking to strangers/co-workers in public bathrooms, I don't mind, when I'm just using a urinal anyways. Would like a bit of privacy for number 2. I usually don't initiate conversations though, as I know some people don't like it, just kinda do the "guy nod" as we pass eachother.

cool story bro...no seriously...that is a cool story
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Sims: Bathroom Etiquete

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
No, I don't generally conduct conversations while I'm...you know...
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts

chaplainDMK
Lol my psychology teacher showed us that in class once... i was the only guy there and i had to explain all of this to the girls there :P
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="chaplainDMK"]

Wolls

Lol my psychology teacher showed us that in ****once... i was the only guy there and i had to explain all of this to the girls there :P

Interesting teacher...

Awsome ****btw haha :D

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#38 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

No I don't I can't even go to the toilet if people are near me it puts me off then again I never feel comfortable with other people in the toilet with me. But I always remember in my final year of college this weird guy in my class went to the toilet and thought it would be funny to stand right behind the teacher while he was at the urinal my teacher was freaked out because all he could see was him just smiling he was weird.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts
No I don't.
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#40 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts
I go there to pwn the toliets not to have idle chit chat.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Never...I find it quite awkward. :\ My brother will wake up talking on his cell, and whilst talking he goes to take a piss. :? And I sit here on the computer all "You nasty motha..."