Do you still read Gaming Magazines?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Behardy24 (3092 posts) -

I am wondering if anyone out there is still reading Game Magazines?

I know Print Journalism is pretty near dead across the board of all topics. But I know a good amount of people still read them.

The only one I constantly read is PCGamer. One day I will find time to read other magazines like EGM and xbox magazine.

Do you still read Gaming Magazines?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (9677 posts) -

Nope.

#3 Edited by WhiteSp0nge (13 posts) -

not really. Some print magazines went into online versions though ~

#4 Edited by plageus900 (994 posts) -

PC Gamer

#5 Posted by Master_Live (14185 posts) -

From like 2000 to 2006 I was subscribed to EGM. I was so pumped when my mom brought the magazine from the PO Box. I also read Official Xbox Magazine, mainly for the demos.

#6 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150338 posts) -

Game Informer...

#7 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No. I haven't read one in over a decade. Gaming Mags actually suck to anybody with internet. You get the mag and read it just to discover it is all old news that you learned a few weeks earlier on the internet. Just like I don't understand why anybody with internet would waste their money buying strategy guides.

#8 Posted by ExtremeBanana (152 posts) -

Games Master.

#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

No, I'm surprised magazines still exist to be honest.

#10 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

Never have ever since the internet existed.

#11 Posted by sukraj (22133 posts) -

yes

#12 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Sometimes, when I'm browsing the magazine section in a store.

#13 Edited by bulby_g (1049 posts) -

Not for years! Had various subscriptions back in the day though. Always used to get the PC mag's and dig through all the demos.

#14 Edited by Jag85 (4387 posts) -

I used to buy gaming mags up until the PS2 era, but then stopped after that. I sometimes read older gaming mags though when I'm feeling nostalgic.

#15 Posted by Dogswithguns (10701 posts) -

No sir.. I used to have stacks of the gaming magazines years back, what a waste of papers.

#16 Posted by coasterguy65 (5877 posts) -

Game Informer is about the only one I still read, and it's not that good anymore. Honestly my renewal is due now and I've been debating if I want to give Game Stop $15 to renew my card and subscription or not.

#17 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

That was my last magazine, from 2006, so no.