indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

From DC I got Supergirl Silver Age Omnibus Volume I, Superman and Batman 75th Anniversary Editions,Superboy, DC Universe by Alan Moore, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, Year One.

From MARVEL i only got MARVEL 75 th Anniversary Omnibus ( Consists first and some of the best issues of Amazing Spiderman,Captain America,Fantastic Four,Thor, Hulk,X-Men,Uncanny X-Men,Daredevil, Hawkeye ETC), The Amazing Spiderman The Night Gwen Stacy Died and Movie Adaptation of Spiderman 2002.

My small yet favourite comics shelf :P ( Tintin, Asterx and Obelix, Archie, Lee Falk’s Phantom & Mandrake The Magician,Tarzan, DC/MARVEL, He-Man, Richie Rich,Dennis The Menace, Commando, Mickey Mouse, Popular Indian Comics as Chacha Chaudhry,Billo,Pinki,Nagraj,Tinkle, Narayan Debnath comics collection ETC)

Well? Do you love prefer reading MARVEL or DC comics OT? Big time fan of Golden/Silver/Bronze Age of Batman,Superman,Supergirl,Superboy. Hence DC as a whole + 1 and from MARVEL Spiderman only +1 :P

Well?

Indz needs your answers Quickly :)

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

DC by far.Their stories are much better.They have a ton of amazing comics like the killing joke,the long Halloween,death of the family and endgame,flashpoint,identity crisis,crisis on infinite earths,justice league new 52,Batman new 52(probably my fav comic run),Batman year one,all star superman and etc.They also have a lot of great characters like batman(greatest character of all time IMO),joker(best villain of all time IMO),the flash,green lantern,deathstroke,two face,Constantine etc.

But I love marvel too .they have a lot of great characters and comics and have a ton of awesome villains like thanos,dr doom,red skull,magneto etc.ANAD is almost shit tho

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

Bias towards DC due to Batman being the first set of comics read.

What's that He-Man book btw?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm a Marvel guy, but there are a few DC characters that I like.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The only comics I read was Sgt Rock. That makes it DC. My favorite issue (#244) by far.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman

@jun_aka_pekto said:

The only comics I read was Sgt Rock. That makes it DC. My favorite issue (#244) by far.

Got few of those Tank/Commando WW II comics still left in my collection :P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

DC Comics have been better than Marvel in the Comic Book world since Marvel went full PC/SJW on their plotlines. As for the movie Universe, it's Marvel all the way.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By indzman

@uninspiredcup said:

Bias towards DC due to Batman being the first set of comics read.

What's that He-Man book btw?

He Man and Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection (Consisiting of over 1200 pages of 80's He Man to present )

http://www.amazon.in/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Minicomic-Collection/dp/1616558776/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488212527&sr=8-1&keywords=he+man+comics

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Marvel easily.......but the Disney Marvel movies are becoming too formulaic at this point.

But I'm talking 60's and 70's Marvel comics.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

I've never been into the comics themselves but I prefer the Marvel universe. They make the better movies and they have the cooler heroes.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Definitely Marvel for me although I do like the odd DC character here and there.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I prefer older Marvel

Marvel decided that diversity for the sake of diversity is good and have destroyed most of their comics. Throw in the hissy fit where they need to make sure that any FOX properties are garbage and they're a very bad company these days.

I'm sticking with DC, they actually care about giving people what they want, have locked up artists and writers on exclusive contracts, and have more competitive pricing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

DC Comics have been better than Marvel in the Comic Book world since Marvel went full PC/SJW on their plotlines. As for the movie Universe, it's Marvel all the way.

I take it that your only experience with comics is the film adaptations?

On topic: Marvels main stuff is a lot better but DC have Watchmen and V for Vendetta.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FireEmblem_Man

@toast_burner: i tead comics as well, hated a lot of Marvels new stuff like how they changed Captain America into a Hydra agent. Not a fan of female Thor. I only like Miles as the new Spiderman. And hated how they stopped working on the X-Men.

Avatar image for scorpionmichael95
scorpionmichael95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 scorpionmichael95
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

I prefer like read DC comics. My favourite heroes are Superman, Superman-Prime and Joker. Especially Joker. He is very charismatic hero. I have something similar to it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@toast_burner: i tead comics as well, hated a lot of Marvels new stuff like how they changed Captain America into a Hydra agent. Not a fan of female Thor. I only like Miles as the new Spiderman. And hated how they stopped working on the X-Men.

So you hate Marvels social justice messages but you like X-men even though it's an incredibly obvious analogy to the civil rights movement and other social justice issues?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@toast_burner said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

So you hate Marvels social justice messages but you like X-men even though it's an incredibly obvious analogy to the civil rights movement and other social justice issues?

I like the classic X-Men, what's wrong with that? I don't like today's politics that enforces SJW's and PC down our throats! Plus X-Men came out at a time when Civil Rights was at its peak. I also see that you're now trying to attack me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@toast_burner said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I like the classic X-Men, what's wrong with that? I don't like today's politics that enforces SJW's and PC down our throats! Plus X-Men came out at a time when Civil Rights was at its peak. I also see that you're now trying to attack me.

And out of curiosity how is modern marvel shoving political correctness down our throats more so than classic marvel was?

You're just parroting what you've heard on the internet without putting any thought into it.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireEmblem_Man

@toast_burner said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@toast_burner said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

And out of curiosity how is modern marvel shoving political correctness down our throats more so than classic marvel was?

You're just parroting what you've heard on the internet without putting any thought into it.

Did I say you're attacking me? I think you're coming on to me! Sorry bro, I don't go that way....

And FYI, modern marvel isn't good! Do you own any of today's Marvel comics?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@indzman said:

Got few of those Tank/Commando WW II comics still left in my collection :P

I have a few of the following in storage:

Sgt Rock

The Losers

GI Combat: The Haunted Tank

I always looked for the issues illustrated by Russ Heath like Sgt Rock #244. There weren't many.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

For me it changes but right now Marvel is terrible so i would go with DC.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

DC, I like their stuff as well as a lot of their imprints' stuff. Vertigo has some dark shit in their portfolio.

If we're talking movies, Marvel is doing a better job.