Do you like snow? And how much snow?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by CKYguy25 (2180 posts) -

Are you a fan of snow or not? If so, how much snow can you handle?

#2 Posted by Horgen (110009 posts) -
The more the merrier, but after 2 feet it kinda gets in the way.
#3 Posted by fueled-system (6246 posts) -
No and zero, never fun driving in snow with traffic..
#4 Posted by invisibletearsx (997 posts) -

I like snow ^^

#5 Posted by johnd13 (7893 posts) -

The more the merrier, but after 2 feet it kinda gets in the way. horgen123

This.

Although I very rarely see snow here let, alone 2 feet of it. :(

#6 Posted by Legend002 (6942 posts) -

No. Shoveling can be a pain in the rear.

#7 Posted by Valamil (298 posts) -

I love snow. We got almost 10 feet of snow in New Hampshire in the winter of '07-'08. That is almost enough.

#8 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -
i like enough that cover the ground but not too much where it's pain to get to work. I work at a hospital so there is no such thing has close lol, but in return my job provides rides from/to work and even offer a rooms if storm is going on
#9 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
never experienced it.
#10 Posted by Bane_09 (3394 posts) -

I like the snow but it's been to cold here the last couple of days to enjoy it. It was like -8 yesterday with a wind chill of -38 F

#11 Posted by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

I'd rather get snow storms less than 6 inches at a time. It's manageable, in clearing the driveway and driving to work. Anything else mans cancelled classes, impassable roads and possible ice dams on the house.

#12 Posted by funsohng (27471 posts) -
I have lived in Canada for far too long to love those white sh*ts falling from the sky.
#13 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
I have lived in Canada for far too long to love those white sh*ts falling from the sky.funsohng
You should try living in a tropical climate
#14 Posted by TehFuneral (8026 posts) -

I've never seen real snow.

Only artificial snow made in out-of-real-environment ski resort.

#15 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15885 posts) -

Around here? Yes. If it's snowing, that means the temperatures are in the upper 20's-low 30's (degrees F).That's perfectly fine with me

Otherwise, if it's clear, temperatures are either in the teens or single digits, sometimes below 0F. Toooo cold for me.

#16 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
I can handle a million snows but I don't wanna.
#17 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
I like snow and I love the cold but I don't ever really want it to snow because I don't want to drive in it, and I sure as hell don't want the other people in this town driving in it.
#18 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I LOVE snow.

#19 Posted by Sword-Demon (6928 posts) -
It's the greatest gift the sky monster can bestow upon us
#20 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

I am in a manual wheelchair.  Snow literally makes my life unliveable.  People can walk over snow if they really need to, me though, I can't just push a manual wheelchair through several inches of snow, especially uphill.  I once had to withdraw from a course because I missed a week of class when my campus maintenance didn't clean off the sidewalks around my building for several days after a snow storm.  The professor said I should have called the police to bring me to class and wouldn't excuse it.

Not to mention snow generally means cold, cold means ice, ice means salt on the ground.  My wheels touch the ground, my hands touch my wheels, cracked skin because of cold, cracks filled with salty water.

#21 Posted by funsohng (27471 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I have lived in Canada for far too long to love those white sh*ts falling from the sky.Lonelynight

Summer in Korea is almost as disgusting as the summer in tropics, I think.
#22 Posted by Valamil (298 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I have lived in Canada for far too long to love those white sh*ts falling from the sky.funsohng

I lived at the DMZ in Korea for a year. The summer was similar to that of Mississippi, and the winter was like New Hampshire. Oddest year of weather I ever experienced.

#23 Posted by Lonelynight (30039 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="funsohng"]I have lived in Canada for far too long to love those white sh*ts falling from the sky.funsohng

do you wish for snow when it's summer?
#24 Posted by gamah_killah (13020 posts) -
I love enough snow to snowboard.
#25 Posted by dagreenfish (1817 posts) -
I like snow in almost any amount. Getting snowed in your house can be hella fun.
#26 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Only when its pure and clean...
#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149984 posts) -
Not when I have to go to work in it. They don't always get to the roads right away here. Don't mind if I don't have to go somewhere....like it for Christmas though definitely.
#28 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

I hate snow.

#29 Posted by wis3boi (31007 posts) -

Kill it with fire, it's gross

#30 Posted by Blueresident87 (5312 posts) -

I don't mind snow but I don't enjoy driving in it/dealing with it. I had less of a problem with it when I was a kid.

#31 Posted by tocool340 (20454 posts) -
Only when there's a warm day to melt the sh1t soon to after. Otherwise, no. Had too many bad experiences with it....
#32 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Not more than a foot
#33 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

Kill it with fire, it's gross

wis3boi
Agreed. I'd rather live in a desert than a cold city with grimy snow.
#34 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Deserts are far too hot tho
#35 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
Deserts are far too hot thofastesttruck
They can be cold tew. ;p
#36 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
Either way far too hot or far too cold
#37 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

It's cool if it's just a few inches and goes away quickly. Large amounts of long term snow such balls unless I am snowboarding.

#38 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

I only like snow for a day.Snow can be very annoying ¬¬ i can't ride bike on that sh*t.

#39 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

As long as the roads are clear, I like snow.

#40 Posted by redstorm72 (4517 posts) -

It's fun for about two weeks. After you have gone skiing a few times though the shine wears off and you just get sick of having to shovel out your car and walk way every f***ing day.

#41 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12767 posts) -

I used to like snow, until I lived in Canada for a few years.

I've had enough. If it snows I'm hoping it's gone by noon the next day (usually is).

#42 Posted by XilePrincess (13111 posts) -
I like snow about two weeks before Christmas and I want it gone by December 28th. And not a pile of snow, just enough to coat the rooftops and trees and ground and make my life into a snowglobe.
#43 Posted by Dogswithguns (10688 posts) -
I hate snow and the cold.. wish it warm all year round.
#44 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I love snow but unfortunately live in south florida which is pretty much the same weather all year around.

#45 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I do not like snow. Any amount of snow.

I used to love it.

#46 Posted by Rioichi21Cooper (227 posts) -

I'm ok with snow I suppose, as long as it doesn't try to kill me!

#47 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

Yes as long as there isn't excessive snow.

#48 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
I used to like snow. Now it's more annoying than anything. It should just stay up on the mountain
#49 Posted by soulless4now (41359 posts) -

Hell no. I don't like cold weather. 

#50 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18330 posts) -
I love snow, I just don't like driving in it.. I also don't like the weather right now when it's -30 F with windchill and you get thick layers of ice on the roads.. snow is great, but for some reason they never prepare for it so the roads are HORRIBLE the first day until they start plowing, and they start so late that snow is already compacted and stuck to the road. I've got over a foot of snow out in my yard right now though.