Do you like or dislike Facebook?

#1 Edited by indzman (17229 posts) -

Facebook is all cool for staying in touch with freinds/ family or colleauges, posting updates, pictures,vids, maintaining privacy and many other nifty features. Still Facebook is always criticised, complaints, sued by many online users on regular basis.

Personally i love FB.

wbu? :)

#2 Posted by Master_Live (14166 posts) -

Maintaining privacy?

I just see Facebook as a tool, neither inherently good or bad. I do like it for staying in touch with friends but there was a time I got a little obsessive with it but that ain't a problem anymore since I rarely visit it. I do deactivate it a few days before my birthday and reopen it later (I know, so sad, I need help).

#3 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10119 posts) -

to be honest, if it wasn't for FB i wouldn't have met some the most interesting friends i have today. though what i use fb for is almost entirely against FB's general policy in which you're only supposed to stay in touch with folks you already know in real life.

#4 Posted by Korvus (3192 posts) -

Well, if it weren't for Facebook I would have not met my wife; one of my FB friends posted a video that led me to search for another video, that ended up with me finding a video of my wife and started talking to her, so without FB that chain of events would not have happened. That being said, a lot of FB behavior is a bit annoying to me, so I make sure my friend list is small and only have in there people who are important to me.

#5 Edited by indzman (17229 posts) -

@korvus said:

Well, if it weren't for Facebook I would have not met my wife; one of my FB friends posted a video that led me to search for another video, that ended up with me finding a video of my wife and started stalking her, so without FB that chain of events would not have happened.

Corrected =P

Just kidding, congrats to you guys meeting on FB :)

#6 Posted by Korvus (3192 posts) -

@indzman: I will stalk you and you will like it, damn it!!

#7 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

@indzman said:

@korvus said:

Well, if it weren't for Facebook I would have not met my wife; one of my FB friends posted a video that led me to search for another video, that ended up with me finding a video of my wife and started stalking her, so without FB that chain of events would not have happened.

Corrected =P

Just kidding, congrats to you guys meeting on FB :)

Lmao

On topic: I don't hate fb neither love it. I just go their to chat with some old friends or piss off some present friends. Nobody there is my type so I somtimes feel lonely there.

#8 Posted by Iszdope (9645 posts) -

Dunno - never been there.

#9 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

I don't dislike it I just never use it.

#10 Edited by super600 (30284 posts) -

I wouldn't have stayed in touch with any of my highschool friends without facebook.

#11 Posted by ad1x2 (5501 posts) -

I think most of the younger people who hate Facebook hate it for no other reason than the fact that is popular. Many of the older generations who hate Facebook seem to hate it because it is just another modern product that in their opinion makes people anti-social.

I rarely use it for anything outside of tracking the pages of celebrities and products I follow. In terms of people who complain that Facebook invades your privacy, common sense needs to come into play. I limit what I post to reduce the chances of identity theft.

Some of the common sense things to consider are to avoid posting personal information that can be used to reset your passwords. Mother's maiden name? If you are friends with a maternal uncle, unmarried aunt, or grandparent they got her maiden name. First pet? All of those pictures of Fluffy might give it away. So proud of your first car that you have to post it? That's a security question too. High school mascot? Post what high school you attended and Google will do the rest. Post your birthday and hometown and you just gave away the first few digits of your SSN. Like your bank and you told crooks who you bank with and all they need is your username and your security question answers.

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6916 posts) -

Greatest thing since sliced bread.

#13 Posted by skipper847 (3161 posts) -

I cant wait for Oculus Book.

#14 Posted by Bardock47 (5239 posts) -

Makes contacting friends and family hella easy

#16 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

Never used it.

#17 Edited by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

I used it for a few months then deleted it. All my high school classmates are too superficial.

I had friends who check their phone constantly for facebook when we hung out. It finally makes sense.

The likes, the friend count, the popularity. It's really like a virtual high school.

#18 Posted by realistic44 (7908 posts) -

I used to like Myspace more to be honest, but hardly anybody is there anymore ever since Tom sold it. However, I still use Facebook to keep a good relationship with my friends.

#19 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

I had friends who check their phone constantly for facebook when we hung out. It finally makes sense.

I took a friend out to dinner a few weeks ago and he spent nearly the entire time on his phone with FB and Twitter, we ate almost entirely in silence. I wanted to punch his face.

I don't mind if people 'social media' even if I don't, but it becomes a problem when you can't turn off for even a couple of hours.

#20 Posted by GeekInkINC (194 posts) -

I like it. The CIA probably loves it.

#21 Edited by MDK12345 (509 posts) -

Facebook is aight for keeping up with classmates or adding girls you used to like. But when it becomes so obsessive for you, where you're constantly looking at your i phone when you're out, it's a problem.

U know what's stupid about facebook? One girl told me, whoah I saw your fb pics or your instagram pics. You looked buff in them. I was like baby I'm right here! Why do u need to reference fb when u can see my arms live? I'm right here!!!

#22 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (438 posts) -

Not sure if I disliked it necessarily, but the only thing I used with it was the status updates. Once I discovered Twitter years ago, I stopped using my facebook.

#23 Edited by natsm (60 posts) -

i like Facebook,but not the users(at least in my country)

#24 Edited by thehig1 (1368 posts) -

Facebook itself it's good, some of the people on it have annoying posting habits.

You know what I'm talking about

100s of baby photos

Posting all the time about what they had for tea

Passive aggressive quotes obviously aimed at one person in paticular

Etc etc

#25 Posted by Dogswithguns (10700 posts) -

Yeah but, people there post too much about their personal life, or there ways are better, sometimes became attitude problems.

#26 Posted by Hizang (2808 posts) -

I used to be mad into Myspace, then bummed out when Facebook came. I just use it when needed, Twitter is more my style.

#27 Posted by double_decker (145798 posts) -

I don't mind Facebook. I don't use it a lot, but when I'm in the bathroom I normally scroll through it looking for funny images posted by others. Other than that I don't use it for much except for talking to some out of state family now and then.

#28 Posted by gamerguru100 (10500 posts) -

I don't have an account on it, so I'm neutral.