Do you like Joseph Gordon Levitt?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

Seems all of his recent movies are superhit and many critics praise him for his acting (Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Looper, Premium Rush, Lincoln). Is he already a new and young Hollywood actor amongst rest actors or needs to do more solo movies before being accepted as a bankable actor ?

I personally think his acting was better than Christan Bales in TDKR lol.Seen all of his movies, yet to see Lincoln.

Whats your opinion about Joseph Gordon Levitt OT?

#2 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

TDKR is the only one of those movies I've seen and I liked it a lot.

#3 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

Pirate700

If you liked TDKR, you will enjoy The Inception also i guess pirate. Lincoln is on my wish list (DVD/BR release) as well lol

#4 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

indzman

If you liked TDKR, you will enjoy The Inception also i guess pirate. Lincoln is on my wish list (DVD/BR release) as well lol

Oh, I've seen that too. Didn't he that was his. :P

#5 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
Lincoln is a great movie.
#6 Posted by BossPerson (9462 posts) -

He's alright, but not the god some people treat him.

#7 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Lincoln is a great movie.Allicrombie
I need to see this. Hope it's on Netflix soon.

#8 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Oh, I've seen that too. Didn't he that was his. :P

lol.

He is easily missed in the movie in presence of Leornado Di Caprio lol. I came to know about him better after watching TDKR :P

#9 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Yes. But I still have problems seeing him as his character from 3rd Rock.
#10 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

Lincoln is a great movie.Allicrombie

missed it in movie theatre, can't wait for disc release.

In the meantime i watched ABRAHAM LINCOLN : THE VAMIPRE HUNTER :P. You hate me for this allie, rite? :twisted:

#11 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -
Yeah, he's a fine actor.
#12 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Lincoln is a great movie.indzman

In the meantime i watched ABRAHAM LINCOLN : THE VAMIPRE HUNTER :P. You hate me for this allie, rite? :twisted:

lol why would I hate you?
#13 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

Yeah, he's a fine actor.meconate

I like Tom Hardy too, another promising and awesome actor. Fan of him also after watching TDKR and Warrior back to back lol.

#14 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]Lincoln is a great movie.Allicrombie

HeHe,

I thought you'd imagine why'd anyone watch Abraham Lincoln:The Vampire Hunter :lol:

#15 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="indzman"]

indzman

HeHe,

I thought you'd imagine why'd anyone watch Abraham Lincoln:The Vampire Hunter :lol:

I just figured you were drunk at the time. =P
#16 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] lol why would I hate you?Allicrombie

HeHe,

I just figured you were drunk at the time. =P

:lol:

#17 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

He's okay I guess.

:P

#18 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

He's okay I guess.

PiscesChick93
Well it was only a matter of time before you posted. :P
#19 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6335 posts) -

I really enjoy his films although I have yet to watch Brick. My favorite performance of his was in 500 Days of Summer. I hope he isn't going anywhere any time soon

#20 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

He's okay I guess.

PiscesChick93

You are one lucky g.f of Gordon :P

#21 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

He's okay I guess.

meconate

Well it was only a matter of time before you posted. :P

haha, indeed! :p

#22 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
the only significant role i've seen him in was for looper and that was one of the few really unique performances i've seen in a while. obviously i've seen him in smaller roles for bigger movies like inception and the dark knight rises and he was good in those too.
#23 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

I enjoyed Looper, kind of.

TDKR was ok, I guess.

Really enjoyed Inception.

His role in Lincoln was minor, only a few scenes near the middle and then a few brief on screen appearances later. Movie was excellent though, shows how sh-tty the US was prior to the 20th century and how the north was just as racist and backwards as the South, and only through radical quaker movements and backroom bribery, threats, and dealings could freedom for slaves actually be passed in the thirteenth amendment.

#24 Posted by coasterguy65 (5935 posts) -

I've only really seen him in Looper, and TDKR. He's a good actor, but not great.

#25 Posted by megagene (23004 posts) -
I like him. He's very versatile and he's convincing in most roles because he's pretty average looking. I personally find it kind of difficult to take actors seriously when they are ridiculously good looking even if they're a talented actor. Gordon-Levitt is one of those actors whose appeal lies more in his talent and personality than his appearance. He's also surprisingly funny.
#26 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Liked him in the roles I've seen him do so far.

#27 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

I like him. He's very versatile and he's convincing in most roles because he's pretty average looking. I personally find it kind of difficult to take actors seriously when they are ridiculously good looking even if they're a talented actor. Gordon-Levitt is one of those actors whose appeal lies more in his talent and personality than his appearance. He's also surprisingly funny. megagene

Very true

#28 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

I liked him in Inception and Looper. He was okay in TDKR. He played but a more minor role in Lincoln but we was alright in that as well.

He's a good actor.

#29 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

He's okay I guess.

indzman

You are one lucky g.f of Gordon :P

hahaha, no chance. :P

#30 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
i dont know him personally but hes a good actor and a snappy dresser
#31 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

Love that guy. Brick is hands down one of my favorite movies of all-time.

#32 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
I liked Looper and inception, hated TDKR and haven't seen Premium Rush or Lincoln 50/50 was good as well.
#33 Posted by InEMplease (6333 posts) -

I liked Looper and inception, hated TDKR and haven't seen Premium Rush or Lincoln 50/50 was good as well.HybridPhoenix

I enjoyed Seth's performance in 50/50 very much. Gordon was good, of course, but Seth played the serious character role very well, which is much different than his normal happy-go-lucky, less serious personas in movies.

#34 Posted by DevilMightCry (3494 posts) -
Yeah he was great in 50/50, 500 days of summer and Looper. In a twist of fate, he was in also in 10 Things I hate about you with Heather Ledger who also starred in Dark Knight.
#35 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
I'm not a fan. And he was easily the worst part of Lincoln. As far as internet love goes, he is vastly overrated. He's talented, he's a good actor, but I wouldn't even go as far as to say he's a great actor, just good. Angels in the Outfield was his best movie and that was because of Sir Antonio Salvador Danzamonia.
#36 Posted by TheFlush (5540 posts) -

He is really cute!

#37 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

I'm not a fan. And he was easily the worst part of Lincoln. As far as internet love goes, he is vastly overrated. He's talented, he's a good actor, but I wouldn't even go as far as to say he's a great actor, just good. Angels in the Outfield was his best movie and that was because of Sir Antonio Salvador Danzamonia. TonyDanzaFan

You know I never noticed, but Angels in the Outfield had a lot of fecking big actors in it (or considered big by now). Danny Glover, Tony Danza, Christopher Lloyd, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Neal McDonough, Adrien Brody, Matthem McConaghey... Never really noticed that until now and I watched that movie a lot when I was a kid...

#38 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

He's a great actor in quite a bit of good movies, with Inception and The Dark Knight Rises being the best movies he was in(still need to see Looper and Lincoln) so yes.

#39 Posted by sandlot76 (53266 posts) -

He's alright. He's not one that I run out to see yet but that could change or...it could stay the same.

#40 Posted by Legend002 (7101 posts) -

In TDKR, sure.

#41 Posted by johnd13 (8093 posts) -

I really liked him in TDKR and Inception. He' s in my list of good actors.

#42 Posted by indzman (17621 posts) -

He's alright. He's not one that I run out to see yet but that could change or...it could stay the same.

sandlot76

omg, hardly see you or omni for a very long time on OT lol. i guess both of you are pretty busy nowadays?

#43 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Yeah he's alright, good actor.

#44 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
Liked him ever since Mysterious Skin (great film) and Brick.
#45 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -
He's great, yeah. :D
#46 Posted by Nibroc420 (13567 posts) -
He's been great since 3rd Rock.
#47 Posted by Ncsoftlover (2111 posts) -

I really didn't like looper, but I like Joseph overall.

#48 Posted by ninjastar (9507 posts) -

Yes, he's awesome!:D

#49 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -
Never met him.
#50 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5340 posts) -
All those movies being good has little to do with him being in them.