Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

Stark realization of the atrocities that Human beings inflict on another does not come via newspapers or televised news reports. When one merely reads or hears of events such as the recent crash of a Malaysian Airlines passenger jet or the four Palestinian boys that were bombed to death while playing on a beach, one cannot truly fathom their horror, but can only imagine them.

After seeing graphic video footage of these sorts of things, my faith in humanity has evaporated. The sight of mangled corpses, some whole and others in pieces, is awakening. The sight of intestines and fatty tissue, exposed, in between torn skin is shocking. The Sight of hundreds of lifeless human bodies scattered for miles is saddening. We are truly nothing. We amount to nothing because our endeavors or so lowly and so self-destructive; we are practically nothing because our bodies are so fragile, so easily torn to pieces. Mortal creatures with mortal aspirations.

Only that which lasts forever truly matters and is worth having faith in, only that which is eternal. Blessed be the Universe, a beautiful tapestry of rocks and stars, forever expanding. Cursed be Man, an ugly jumble of hate and division, always at war and soon to be annihilated.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Master_Live

I have faith on myself.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lol BRHD thread

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@emil_fontz said:

Stark realization of the atrocities that Human beings inflict on another does not come via newspapers or televised news reports. When one merely reads or hears of events such as the recent crash of a Malaysian Airlines passenger jet or the four Palestinian boys that were bombed to death while playing on a beach, one cannot truly fathom their horror, but can only imagine them.

After seeing graphic video footage of these sorts of things, my faith in humanity has evaporated. The sight of mangled corpses, some whole and others in pieces, is awakening. The sight of intestines and fatty tissue, exposed, in between torn skin is shocking. The Sight of hundreds of lifeless human bodies scattered for miles is saddening. We are truly nothing. We amount to nothing because our endeavors or so lowly and so self-destructive; we are practically nothing because our bodies are so fragile, so easily torn to pieces. Mortal creatures with mortal aspirations.

Only that which lasts forever truly matters and is worth having faith in, only that which is eternal. Blessed be the Universe, a beautiful tapestry of rocks and stars, forever expanding. Cursed be Man, an ugly jumble of hate and division, always at war and soon to be annihilated.

get a life

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I don't have faith in anything.

Especially humanity.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58889 Posts

If only everyone was like Jean Luc Picard. *heart*

Loading Video...

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Never did.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@Master_Live said:

No.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Overall, not really.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Misanthropy is for fools. Think about it, dude. If you're trapped in a room with two people, who is more valuable to you? The one who sees some good in you, or the one who thinks that people (including you) are garbage? All other things being equal, the misanthrope is more likely to **** you over specifically because he thinks you're a piece of shit. So you obviously make friends with the guy who "has faith in humanity" while the misanthrope gets to sit in the corner alone, stewing in his own anger. Treating humanity like shit sort of gives humanity an incentive to treat YOU like shit.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Nope. I'd like to think I'm not a gullible *****

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@lostrib said:

lol BRHD thread

Hmmm...I think you're onto something. Only 43 posts too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I guess this "no faith in humanity" thing is the cool thing to say nowadays. Must be a very bitter life if you guys really have no hope. You certainly won't want to have children, or a relationship (friendships included) since all people are trash. It also probably sucks to talk to all of us in these forums, with us being so below you.

Get over your superiority complex and you'll probably be much happier.

Yes, there are shitty people, thousands, probably millions, but there are also good people, and all you cool kids know this to be true, so why the dramatics?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GazaAli

@korvus said:

I guess this "no faith in humanity" thing is the cool thing to say nowadays. Must be a very bitter life if you guys really have no hope. You certainly won't want to have children, or a relationship (friendships included) since all people are trash. It also probably sucks to talk to all of us in these forums, with us being so below you.

Get over your superiority complex and you'll probably be much happier.

Yes, there are shitty people, thousands, probably millions, but there are also good people, and all you cool kids know this to be true, so why the dramatics?

Or maybe to say that the no faith in humanity thing is the cool thing to say nowadays is the cool thing to say nowadays.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli said:

Or maybe to say that the no faith in humanity thing is the cool thing to say nowadays is the cool thing to say nowadays.

*Gasp* Crapception? XD

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli

@korvus said:

@GazaAli said:

*Gasp* Crapception? XD

I don't know about that. I'd have opted for "coolception" or "nonconformception" if I were you :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@GazaAli: =( Will buy a new "ception" thesaurus.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Blu if you are going to come back...use your account. It's not like we don't know you returned after your rage quit. And no....I don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I see you still haven't found a girlfriend yet, BRHD.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

All depends on the day. sometimes I read a news story that restores my faith then other times I read one that smacks those feelings in the face, knocks them to the ground and shits on them.

McMickelmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 McMickelmick
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I have faith in myself and my family but put simply do I have faith in humanity is simply NO, why would I??? Why would anyone??

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Master_Live

I do believe in Harvey Dent.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup

@mcmickelmick said:

I have faith in myself and my family but put simply do I have faith in humanity is simply NO, why would I??? Why would anyone??

Next time you or your family member is hurt, put this cynical viewpoint into action and accept no help from ambulance that pops up. Since it is something specifically created from humanity, with everyone putting pennies in, to give people regardless of who they are, help.

McMickelmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 McMickelmick
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Dude its a cynical generalisation OK, not everyone I wholeheartadly agree but unfortunately in general why would anybody put 'faith' in the majority of the human race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@uninspiredcup: I hope people take your advice...we wouldn't want the esteemed members of our forums to be hypocrites, right?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup
@korvus said:

@uninspiredcup: I hope people take your advice...we wouldn't want the esteemed members of our forums to be hypocrites, right?

I agree very much with your viewpoint above.

if life is shit, why don't you get up off your ass and make it better? Did Martin Lutherking think "oh, people are so racist, might as well not bother". Did Stephen Hawking think "oh, I was suppose to be dead in my 20's and I can't move, life is soooo bad".

It seems people who adopt the cynical viewpoint tend to be weak people trying to justify the weakness or give themselves the illusion of being strong with shitty facade of superiority to inflate themselves like a blowfish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@uninspiredcup: Yep, I think the responsibility to improve the world is on the back of the "enlightened", not the ignorant. Some people claim to see more, know more, understand more and yet they do little as the people they look down upon. Even the ones who don't think of themselves as superior but claim to be able to see the downwards spiral, why sit still contemplating the fact that the world is going to shit instead of doing something about it? Washing your hands from the problem by claiming you "have no faith in people" is just the easy way out in my opinion.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Emil_Fontz

@MrGeezer said:

Misanthropy is for fools. Think about it, dude. If you're trapped in a room with two people, who is more valuable to you? The one who sees some good in you, or the one who thinks that people (including you) are garbage? All other things being equal, the misanthrope is more likely to **** you over specifically because he thinks you're a piece of shit. So you obviously make friends with the guy who "has faith in humanity" while the misanthrope gets to sit in the corner alone, stewing in his own anger. Treating humanity like shit sort of gives humanity an incentive to treat YOU like shit.

I lack faith in Humanity as a whole, not on an individual basis.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Emil_Fontz

@jasean79 said:

There's nothing worse than an argument from authority. Who cares what this man said? I certainly don't.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Why wouldn't I have faith in my fellow man

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jasean79

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

There's nothing worse than an argument from authority. Who cares what this man said? I certainly don't.

Would it had made you happier if I posted the quote myself without referencing the author?

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emil_Fontz

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

Would it had made you happier if I posted the quote myself without referencing the author?

It would still be bullshit, because all it does is make assumptions about people who hold "cynically realistic" viewpoints.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dave123321

Why don't you use your actual account, blu ray?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#38 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Master_Live said:

No.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dave123321

We need more faith in people it seems

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jasean79

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

It would still be bullshit, because all it does is make assumptions about people who hold "cynically realistic" viewpoints.

Assumptions, huh? So tell me again, what have YOU done to make the situation better then? Because all I'm hearing is a lot of talk and no action.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Emil_Fontz

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

Assumptions, huh? So tell me again, what have YOU done to make the situation better then? Because all I'm hearing is a lot of talk and no action.

When posed with a similar question, Dr. Manhattan stated, I can change almost anything, but I can't change Human nature.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e

@emil_fontz said:

When posed with a similar question, Dr. Manhattan stated, I can change almost anything, but I can't change Human nature.

Oh crap, now he got you @jasean79. A Dr. Manhattan quote.. Hollywood philosophy...can you top that?

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jasean79

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

What a wise man that Dr. Manhattan was, even if he never existed.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jasean79

@korvus: Yeah, I know. I'm at a loss for words. Nothing tops a "Dr Manhattan quote". NOTHING.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Emil_Fontz

@jasean79 said:

@korvus: Yeah, I know. I'm at a loss for words. Nothing tops a "Dr Manhattan quote". NOTHING.

I merely used your tactic to convey my point, but with style.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jasean79

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

Your point being what? That you're a superhero and as such you can't change the fate of humanity?

Change begins with YOU, BRHD. Stop living in some cynical fantasy world where you live by the standards of fictitious comic book heroes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@jasean79 said:

Change begins with YOU, BRHD.

Do you think he can change? People were already suspecting him of being BRHD and even so he still couldn't help quoting Dr. Manhattan.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emil_Fontz

@jasean79 said:

@emil_fontz said:

@jasean79 said:

Your point being what? That you're a superhero and as such you can't change the fate of humanity?

No; my point being that Human nature cannot be overcome. We are innately tribal and subsequently always in conflict with one another. Ironically, your viewpoint that Human nature can be overcome is akin to a movie (i.e. it's unrealistic).

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasean79

@korvus said:

@jasean79 said:

Change begins with YOU, BRHD.

Do you think he can change? People were already suspecting him of being BRHD and even so he still couldn't help quoting Dr. Manhattan.

He changed his name on the boards. That's a start. :D