Do you favor a particular Bible verse? Tell us.

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#51 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"] Hey, any time the bible can squeeze in donkey d*cks, I'm a fan.

Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity? [QUOTE="TheColbert"]Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. Luke 23:43 It is just such a powerful verse. So many times, practically everday I have those moments I just don't know what I am doing or what to do.

The NKJV states a different Luke 23: 43 verse, so you might be quoting a different verse. It is written, "And Jesus said to him,"Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts
But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, live, learn, love.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#53 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
Mine is Romans 5:7-8. "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." I love this verse because it is the message of the Gospel. Jesus died for the world. Religion is all about how humans strive for perfection in order to get to God. On the other hand those who follow Christ have a relationship with God. We are taught in the Bible that God did all the work and came to us by sending His Son, Jesus to this earth to live and eat and help sinners and the lost (everyone). He loves us so much that He died for our sins. He took our penalty so that we don't have to. He rose 3 days later proving that He is God and He overcame sin and death and His message of salvation is true. We can have a relationship with God. We can be friends with God if we believe in Jesus and repent of our sins and live for Him. We can have purpose in our lives. We can have that empty hole in our souls filled permanently by the One who stands at the door and knocks, waiting to be invited in. Praise be to Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior who did all this for me and you :)
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity?BranKetra
Practically everyone quoting the Old Testament is mocking the Bible. It's not "cool" to be anything but an athiest here in OT. Frankly, I'm impressed that you aren't going off on them for being so disrespectful.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
I'm thinking of that Tosh.O web redemption of the angry black preacher, Spirit of Truth, and the part like... "What do you think about gays?" "Well, the Bible says if a man should lie down with another man then it's an abomination." "What about two chicks getting it on?" "Oh, it don't say nothing about it."
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#56 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity?OrkHammer007

Practically everyone quoting the Old Testament is mocking the Bible. It's not "cool" to be anything but an athiest here in OT. Frankly, I'm impressed that you aren't going off on them for being so disrespectful.

Because it wouldn't get anywhere if he did so. It's easy to argue and condemn, but difficult to love. Jesus told us this would happen and we can prepare and be ready for times like these. "Remember the word that I said to you: A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours." John 15:20 As Christ followers we need to love everyone here as Christ loves them.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#57 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="JustBeYourself"]A lot of the Jesus stuff is actually pretty sweet, he woulda been an awesome guy to be around were he real. A lot of other atheists are clearly too hung up on the Old Testament...it's like we're talking about Christianity, not Judaism nitwits.mattbbpl

You should probably tell that to the Christians who are only too happy to evoke the Old Testament (at least when it's convenient for them, they will, of course, turn around and disavow it when it's inconvenient).

That's the biggest problem I have with many of my fellow Christians. I can understand different interpretations, but one should at least seek to be consistent in his method of interpretation.

does anyone really know how many different translations, mistranslattions and interpretations of the Bible there are? and how many people are there who believe in taking one or the other of them 'literally'! not to mention the true believers of other religions who believe in other holy books and many take them literally. Which holy book is the real word of god and which god is the real god or are they none of them real .....oR since all the holy books have basically the same content perhaps they all worship the same god under different names. and every religion has part of the truth but no religion has all of the truth ....truth being with a lower case t.
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Something about rape, incest, and stoning someone under god's will.

I literally laughed my sides out reading the Bible. Some are really good verses if you're into sociology and philosphy, but it's not a blast to read when you don't skip those.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
In my opinion, because the books of the Bible were written in cultures different than our own and despite being the living word of God, some verses are not applicable in every nation because every nation was not founded with a Christian-centric government, so Christians adapt for stability of this religion's future. Whether adaptation at the cost of excluding certain Christian ideals from everyday life contributes to the overall well-being of the religion is debatable. BranKetra
What a convenient excuse. The "perfected Word of God" isn't applicable to all cultures at all times, but allows the followers to cherry pick what they want to follow and leave the rest alone.
Practically everyone quoting the Old Testament is mocking the Bible. It's not "cool" to be anything but an athiest here in OT. Frankly, I'm impressed that you aren't going off on them for being so disrespectful.OrkHammer007
One is not entitled to freedom from criticism or offense in an open forum. And actual criticism should not be seen as disrespect, it should be seen as an attempt to understand the alternate point of view. Someone with a secular, rational view of existence cannot truly understand the mind of someone superstitious and of "belief".
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

[QUOTE="pie-junior"][QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee." Ezekiel 25:17

Aljosa23

That's not a real verse.

You_Dont_Say

don't you use your slightly inappropriately sized nic cage pics at me. I was devastated when I found out
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
[QUOTE="iowastate"]Which holy book is the real word of god and which god is the real god or are they none of them real .....oR since all the holy books have basically the same content perhaps they all worship the same god under different names. and every religion has part of the truth but no religion has all of the truth ....truth being with a lower case t.

you may be on to something
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

corinthians 13

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes,what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

Shame that so many Christians favour hate over love. 

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity?OrkHammer007

I'm impressed by him as well. I mean, I just made a light hearted joke about Christmas trees which I posted without the intention to offend or insult. But some of these comments are just hateful. I often feel ashamed to be an atheist when reading these threads. But BranKetra is still being respectful despite it all. It kind of shows who's the most mature here. 

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#64 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

[QUOTE="iowastate"] and every religion has part of the truth but no religion has all of the truth ....truth being with a lower case t.Nuck81

you may be on to something

thanks ...and I find the only people who get offended by that statement are those who preach the so called lesson of love at you until you want to scream shut up!

and tell them that your way isn't the only way and your way of teaching that lesson has driven me away from that way.

maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12) "Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22) "Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18) "...as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." (2 Kings 2:23-24) Just a few of many.foxhound_fox
As a complementarian, I have no problem with those verses and I love the 2 Kings passage.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 OrkHammer007

One is not entitled to freedom from criticism or offense in an open forum. And actual criticism should not be seen as disrespect, it should be seen as an attempt to understand the alternate point of view. Someone with a secular, rational view of existence cannot truly understand the mind of someone superstitious and of "belief".foxhound_fox
You aren't "criticizing," though. You're picking a fight.

You have dozens of threads to post in on the first few pages of the OT forum, but you chose to post in this one.

You could have picked any number of positive passages from the New Testament (which is where the core tenets of Christianity come from), but you cherry-picked some harsh and negative ones from the Old.

Be honest with yourself and everyone who has posted in good faith in this thread: you're looking to provoke them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c74ba2955026
deactivated-5c74ba2955026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5c74ba2955026
Member since 2013 • 451 Posts
Weird, no one quoted John 3:16 yet. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
CrownedClownAg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CrownedClownAg
Member since 2013 • 54 Posts
Hebrews 12:1-3 New International Version (NIV) 12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

ps. the bible is complete horsesh*t

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 branketra

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity?MichaeltheCM

Because it wouldn't get anywhere if he did so. It's easy to argue and condemn, but difficult to love. Jesus told us this would happen and we can prepare and be ready for times like these. "Remember the word that I said to you: A servant is not greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours." John 15:20 As Christ followers we need to love everyone here as Christ loves them.

I do my best to live as a Christian. I grew up in a Christian household and understand the validity of some biblical doctrine, but I have much to learn. In regards to situations like this, I think I should live by these verses among others: 

Exodus 14:14 (English Standard Version): "The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent." 

1 Peter 3:15 (English Standard Version): "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." 

1 Peter 3: 8-11 (New King James Version): Called to Blessing 8"Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous. 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For 

He who would life 

And see good days 

Let him refrain his tongue from evil. 

And his lips from speaking deciet. 

Let him turn away from evil and do good; 

Let him seek peace and pursue. "

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 branketra

What a convenient excuse. The "perfected Word of God" isn't applicable to all cultures at all times, but allows the followers to cherry pick what they want to follow and leave the rest alone.foxhound_fox
Romans 12:2 states "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Jesus Christ died for the sins of man and in my opinion that includes not following the word of God. If the Bible were followed exactly in modern times, Christianity and its followers might be in a position similar to Islam now and people would not want that.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 branketra

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] Are you serious or are you just mocking Christianity?Tropictrain

I'm impressed by him as well. I mean, I just made a light hearted joke about Christmas trees which I posted without the intention to offend or insult. But some of these comments are just hateful. I often feel ashamed to be an atheist when reading these threads. But BranKetra is still being respectful despite it all. It kind of shows who's the most mature here. 

I appreciate the compliments.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
Weird, no one quoted John 3:16 yet. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."Starchaser187
It's one of my favorites and the first that comes to mind in these threads, but it's kind of a given and assumed. It's mentioned constantly to the point of being plastered all over signs in the audiences of sporting events.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

god damn it pie junior

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#76 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Ezekiel 23:19-20

19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

The one about donkey genitals was way better than anything I can come up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

The Nine Most Badass Bible Verses

Trender_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Trender_man
Member since 2013 • 143 Posts
"And Jesus tied his ass to a tree and walked a mile"
The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

The one about getting stoned.

theone86
I'm sure getting stoned could be fun.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

As Christ followers we need to love everyone here as Christ loves them. MichaeltheCM
Yeah, this comment right here is why I have a huge problem with so-called "Christ followers".

Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

"Then I looked and saw a flying eagle shout 'Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the Earth, because of the trumpets about to be blown by the other three angels'"
Revelation 8:13...............

Like the book of revelation, still read it from time to time.....................

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
You could have picked any number of positive passages from the New Testament (which is where the core tenets of Christianity come from), but you cherry-picked some harsh and negative ones from the Old.

Be honest with yourself and everyone who has posted in good faith in this thread: you're looking to provoke them.OrkHammer007

So, let me get this straight. Quoting the bible, is mocking the bible. The OT matters. Accepting Jesus gets you the "reward" of eternal life, no way to the "father" except through him. The OT gives us a look at the character of this "father" you will spend eternity in the presence of if you accept Jesus. Not our fault the father is crazier than a bag of cats.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 foxhound_fox
You aren't "criticizing," though. You're picking a fight.

You have dozens of threads to post in on the first few pages of the OT forum, but you chose to post in this one.

Be honest with yourself and everyone who has posted in good faith in this thread: you're looking to provoke them.

OrkHammer007
Criticism isn't nice and sweet. It is truthful and blunt. Don't confuse it with picking a fight. I can easily do that and have done it numerous times in the past. I enjoy posting in religious threads. I enjoy the topic and I enjoy the discussion. A discussion without dissenting opinions is just a bunch of people assenting agreement with one another. An absolute bore. Why can I not pick negative passages? What if I think they illustrate something important about modern religion and enjoy watching people try to explain them away? And I picked several passage from the New Testament, all of which are claimed to be the words and teachings of Jesus. I'm not looking to provoke, I'm looking for honest people to be honest with themselves about their religion and stop being in denial about the negative and archaic messages they contain. You are trying to stifle my opinion because it makes you uncomfortable. If anyone shouldn't be posting here, it's you.
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Randolph
I mean think about it. If I say, as the god of the bible does, that in certain cases rape, genocide, and slavery are acceptable, would you want to spend ANY time around me? At all? Would you want to spend ETERNITY with me?
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Randolph
I enjoy posting in religious threads. I enjoy the topic and I enjoy the discussion.foxhound_fox
As do I. I'm utterly fascinated by Christians in general, as a former Christian, I understand how completely uncomfortable they are discussing Yahweh, god the father. Their is a good reason why they prefer people only talk about Jesus, to the point that some of them in this very thread consider quoting from the Old Testament to be trolling and mocking their religion. The Old Testament shows clearly the character of the being they want to spend eternity with, and when they really think about that, as much as they hate to admit it, it makes it harder for them to make the case that people should accept Jesus if they know it means spending eternity in the company of a ruthless mass murdering barbaric petty callous unjust megalomaniacal misogynistic homophobic malevolent prick. Then a day passes and I ask one why gay marriage should be banned and they go running to the OT to find a verse to support their homophobia, because Jesus never spoke on it... and these are the same people the day before who would be telling me the OT "doesn't count" and we should only focus on the words of Jesus. THE SAME PEOPLE. No pun intended here but... JESUS CHRIST!
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]You aren't "criticizing," though. You're picking a fight.

foxhound_fox

Criticism isn't nice and sweet. It is truthful and blunt.

Where was the criticism? All I saw was provocation. Don't pretend otherwise.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 foxhound_fox
Where was the criticism? All I saw was provocation. Don't pretend otherwise.OrkHammer007
Good job ignoring my entire post.
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 OrkHammer007

The OT matters.Randolph
No, it doesn't. The NT is where the core tenets of Christianity reside.

"Love thy neighbor."

"Do unto others."

You know... the teachings of Christ. Where the name Christianity comes from.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 foxhound_fox

[QUOTE="Randolph"] The OT matters.OrkHammer007

"Love thy neighbor."

"Do unto others."

Then why include the OT in the Bible if it doesn't matter?
OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]Where was the criticism? All I saw was provocation. Don't pretend otherwise.foxhound_fox

Of course I did. It's hard to take the excuses seriously when your sig advertises an "Atheism Union."

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 OrkHammer007

[QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]

[QUOTE="Randolph"] The OT matters.foxhound_fox

"Love thy neighbor."

"Do unto others."

Then why include the OT in the Bible if it doesn't matter?

Don't ask me. I didn't assemble it.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and recieve eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 branketra
Could we talk about the topic? If users want to discuss something else, you all can make your own thread.
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]Where was the criticism? All I saw was provocation. Don't pretend otherwise.OrkHammer007

Of course I did. It's hard to take the excuses seriously when your sig advertises an "Atheism Union."

So, you're just going to completely disregard the other side's argument because he has a link to a union promoting the opposing side.........................

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 foxhound_fox
Of course I did. It's hard to take the excuses seriously when your sig advertises an "Atheism Union."OrkHammer007
:lol: Wow, you are pathetic. You don't even understand the concept of a proper argument or debate. You just dismiss everyone's opinion if it doesn't match your own and cannot back up your side for sh!t. I clearly presented a couple criticisms in this thread, and the post you responded to previous to the last one. You ignored them for absolutely no reason but to serve your point, and clearly have no interest in an actual discussion.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 foxhound_fox
So, you're just going to completely disregard the other side's argument because he has a link to a union promoting the opposing side.........................Chow_Mein_Kampf
Not to mention the fact that our union promotes open discussion of all viewpoints, and will treat everyone with respect even if we disagree with them.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 foxhound_fox
Don't ask me. I didn't assemble it.OrkHammer007
Wow, what a profound answer. I was expecting the typical "it is kept because of the prophesy of Jesus' arrival" or "Jesus wanted to illustrate how his teachings reinterpret the the original Law of God". But no... you just evade the question entirely.
edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="OrkHammer007"]Where was the criticism? All I saw was provocation. Don't pretend otherwise.OrkHammer007

Wouldn't it make perfect sense to be debating with someone who disagrees with your viewpoints? Prove him wrong! If you think he's making baseless, opinionated statements with no bearing on fact then you should be able to defend your side quite easily.  Right?  Or, perhaps, you don't have an answer because what FHF is saying has logic?  To say, and I paraphrase, "I'm not going to debate you because you don't believe in what I believe" is forfeiting the match.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Randolph

[QUOTE="Randolph"] The OT matters.OrkHammer007

"Love thy neighbor."

"Do unto others."

Those things sound great, why don't some of you guys actually TRY it one of these days? That aside, again, before I spend ETERNITY with someone, I'd like to know something about them, about their character. The OT gives me an insight into the being who would theoretically be at the center of my eternity in heaven, and frankly, eternity with a being who does and says those things seems a lot more like hell. I love discussing these things, but you are an intellectual lightweight who ignores the bulk of what people post and play the victim card. You've brought absolutely dick to this discussion except excuses and whining. Not my fault, you guys should have found a better religion to attach your messiah to.