Do you ever keep in touch with your exs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24006 posts) -

Have you ever sent them a message or call to say hi and check up on how they're doing in life?

Not to get back with them at all but just to keep the peace and have no bad blood.

Or do you just prefer to let sleeping dogs lie?

What do you prefer to do and why?

#2 Posted by bezza2011 (2299 posts) -

I'd say the main relationships i've had i never see them or speak to them, but i do speak to 2 girls who i had a thing with, but we were friends first and for me it just wouldn't work as more than friends and i still keep in touch, my mrs isn't massively pleased but you know there mates from way back and we still have a friendship and at the end of the day friends are for life. saying that and i been with my mrs now for 5 and a half years we live together and have a little girl lol

#3 Edited by Netret0120 (1995 posts) -

Only when i want a quick relapse of hooking up and then going our separate ways again.

#4 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

The last one told me to lose her number and cursed me out. Yet is still friends w/ my sister on social networks. I try not to think of it. The break up was in August; I'm waiting for January to look for a new g/f. Right now I'm coping with GTA V.

#5 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8092 posts) -

I have talked to my Exs on facebook a little. They have "liked" and commented on my wedding pics and things as well. They are all married and or have kids now. Its been almost 7 years since my last ex and over 10 since the one before that.

#6 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2263 posts) -

lol i've never even had a gf....

#7 Edited by themajormayor (25667 posts) -
#8 Posted by megagene (22981 posts) -

Yep. I'm still pretty good friends with one of them. She has a new bf of 3 years now since we dated. There is no bad blood between us and we still get together every once in a while to catch up.

#9 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -

All of them (3), actually. Well, not anymore but that hasn't anything to do with our past relationship. After the break we held contact, we just lived apart over the years, like friends sometimes do.

#10 Edited by Brain_Duster (380 posts) -

No.

#11 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Nope. Don't see the point.

#12 Edited by Lone_Wolf_Lance (121 posts) -

Yes I do with my last ex. Our relationship never got serious in the first place, so no hard feelings. We still hang out from time to time.

#13 Edited by ninjastar (9507 posts) -

Only one. He's still my friend and we hug and catch up when we see each other. After I broke up with him we didn't talk for a long time though.

#14 Posted by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

I can't see anything good coming out of it.

#15 Posted by Blueresident87 (5307 posts) -

I do not

#16 Edited by gamerguru100 (10450 posts) -
#17 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6721 posts) -

Don't really have bad blood with any of my exes and occasionally I will check up on them.

#18 Posted by picklesurprise (177 posts) -

I send them various dead animals from time to time, but nothing too intimate.

#19 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

I tried for a while, but it just got too ridiculous

#20 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

It's best not to keep in contact with them at all.

#21 Edited by Repeal_It (9 posts) -

Do my best to avoid them. I Personally hate relationships, so the exes that i do have were relationships where the attraction was too strong to say no. Have learned from experience by now that even after a while, when both have moved on, sparks tend to fly again on both sides which usually spells trouble.

#22 Edited by tocool340 (20447 posts) -

No....

#23 Posted by Jimn_tonic (819 posts) -

with one. we share a very special bond, we just had different paths in life.

my current gf hates it, but she's still a teen so hopefully she'll grow out of the whole jealousy thing.

#24 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -

Occasionally, but with no intention. It's just because I've been thinking about them. Plus, I'm married anyway, I don't see the harm in checking in. Since some of them had a significant impact on my life...

#25 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

Not really. My last girlfriend and I left on decent terms, but I lost her number very shortly after and just fell out of touch with her. I was kinda thinking of looking her up on facebook, but it has been several years so I'm not sure if that would seem weird.

I send them various dead animals from time to time, but nothing too intimate.

Lawl.

#26 Edited by BranKetra (47752 posts) -

Not really. I got Facebook information for certain girls I have dated, though.

#27 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10057 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

casual sex.

#28 Posted by Zombiekiller360 (363 posts) -

uhm.. Still talk to maybe a couple but for the most part those bridges burned ...burned bad....

#29 Edited by GazaAli (22492 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

casual sex.

eh I don't know. I'm under the impression that we're talking about serious past relationships since there is nothing stopping you from keeping in touch with people from past non-serious relationships or flings. That aside, I don't think casual sex is worth the drama and emotional scars that come along digging up past relationships that didn't work.

#30 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

After getting married, I have not kept in touch with any of my exs. Exs need to be kept at a safe distance since their motives are never in my favor. All Exs do is cause drama.

#31 Posted by Tqricardinho (340 posts) -

I have 5 ex'es. 2 of them hate me to death, the other 3 I still keep in touch and we're great friends.

#32 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I don't like that idea.

Maybe if I was married; I can see myself still conversing with my ex-wife, but some college chick? No.

#33 Posted by Iszdope (9535 posts) -

Fuck that.

#34 Edited by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -

I don't talk to lefty ever since the groin injury.

#35 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

My ex girlfriend was broken in two :( She was a broom stick from the pound shop.

#36 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

No