Do you ever dream...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

...you find hidden rooms in your house, and then wake up disappointed that it's not true?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

...you find hidden rooms in your house, and then wake up disappointed that it's not true?

for somebody that studies quatum physics you have a vivid imagination

No, no hidden rooms.

but this will explain it for you

http://thedreamwell.com/2008/11/22/meaning-of-new-rooms-in-the-house-dream/

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

No. But sometimes I dream that I'm reading books or looking at photographs. Then I wake up and ignore the dream. Fast forward to half a day later and I'm remembering bits and pieces of what I dreamed and being disappointed that I didn't write the shit down while it was fresh in my mind.

This does not happen often. But every once in a while I'll have a dream that consists entirely of reading text that I never saw, viewing visual art that I never saw. Sometimes I'll recognize the piece when I wake up, but there are times when for all I can tell I really didn't see it or read it anywhere else. It was an original product of my dreams. I can't prove that this is the case, but as far as I can tell, I was actually creating original content in my sleep. Some of it actually seems potentially good after waking up (obviously some of it is utter crap, because dreams need not make any sense). And then...I lose it. I wake up and can remember entire sentences or images that my mind constructed while I was asleep, then that all goes into the trash because I'm too lazy to write the shit down while I can still remember it. That frustrates the hell out of me, and I really need to work on that. Hidden rooms in your house is one ting: you're dreaming about OBJECTS, and those objects clearly aren't going to materialize once you wake up. But sometimes I dream about ideas and concepts, things that are just in my mind, and that kind of stuff ABSOLUTELY can carry over from dreams into consciousness. That is, if I wasn't too lazy to put in the effort required to record it.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 br0kenrabbit

@MrGeezer said:

No. But sometimes I dream that I'm reading books or looking at photographs.

I can't read in my dreams. It's not that I don't know how, but the words are always scrambled.

I recall one dream years ago where I was in school and had to write a word on the chalkboard. I knew what the letter 'e' looked like, but I couldn't do it. I finally managed to make a rough 'e' by using almost the entire chalkboard.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Yes I have dreams that feel so real, I can control what I'm doing, I'm aware of what's going on. I sometimes even realise I'm dreaming while in my dream, I remember when I was young I was dreaming and in the dream I had these cool remote control cars, I knew I was dreaming but I was trying to work out a way to bring these cars into the waking world lol. I also have a this dream where I can run at top speeds and jump huge distances almost like flying, this dream feels so real that it seems maybe I could just go out and run and jump/fly in the waking world I just need to believe lol.

When people have nightmares there's usually a scary bit that wakes you out of the dream I usually sleep through this point, e.g I had a dream some intruders were in my house, one of the intruders had a gun he pointed it right at me and I put my hand out to protect myself, I stared down the barrel, heard the bang saw the flash, this would normally be the part that scares you out of the dream but I stayed asleep.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Master_Live

One of the best Batman TAS episodes:

Loading Video...

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

If I do, it usually comes with sleep paralysis, lol.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

No, nothing like that. I tend to just merge fiction and reality in my dreams.

Things get weird sometimes...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 br0kenrabbit

@Master_Live said:

WTF?

I...

...I'm Batman?

Skyz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Skyz_
Member since 2014 • 56 Posts

I have weird messed up dreams, but no, can't say I've dreamt of hidden rooms as far as I can remember.

I do sometime dream that I'm in my house, and it sort of resembles my house. Then it morphs into something completely different, but it still feels like my house.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@MrGeezer said:

No. But sometimes I dream that I'm reading books or looking at photographs.

I can't read in my dreams. It's not that I don't know how, but the words are always scrambled.

I recall one dream years ago where I was in school and had to write a word on the chalkboard. I knew what the letter 'e' looked like, but I couldn't do it. I finally managed to make a rough 'e' by using almost the entire chalkboard.

I remember hearing that you can't write or read in your dreams. I too remember once dreaming about having to write something on a chalkboard and I just couldn't do it even though I was constantly repeating what I wanted to write "what can one man do". Believe it or not I usually dream in English :s

yessicandrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yessicandrea
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Yes,i dream and every year there is more than one dream.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 br0kenrabbit

@GazaAli said:

I remember hearing that you can't write or read in your dreams. I too remember once dreaming about having to write something on a chalkboard and I just couldn't do it even though I was constantly repeating what I wanted to write "what can one man do". Believe it or not I usually dream in English :s

That's interesting. As an aside, I wonder if deaf people dream in sign language?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Master_Live said:

WTF?

I...

...I'm Batman?

:O

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@GazaAli said:

That's interesting. As an aside, I wonder if deaf people dream in sign language?

You just blew my mind.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

No but there is a room above the ceiling of my house. It is believed that there is a bed placed in there....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes I dream lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Scientists tend to have the best imaginations, since they aren't confined by dogma and tradition.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@evildead6789 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

Scientists tend to have the best imaginations, since they aren't confined by dogma and tradition.

If you would study quantum psyhics you would have known you can just find the explanation for your dream on the internet.

It's not really much of an debate either, well you didn't start it as one and it will not end as one

You were just surprised when you woke up and you wanted to share that feeling, because you didn't know what to think of it.

You're not smart enough to study quantum physics however that kind of smart, is somewhat of a handicap too, a social handicap, an intuitive handicap and even on the virge of autism.

Everyone has his strenghts and weaknesses. Don't try to be somebody that you're not, it's not right and it will make you feel bad. Most of all, it won't work.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I dream that I fall or trip or get pushed but wake up right when I land. Not a lot these days but used to be quit frequent. I can't ever remember the details prior to the fall but always remember the fall to a t.

When I wakes it's a sudden jerk or small seizure. It's weird and I always feel odd afterwards.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

No, no hidden rooms.

but this will explain it for you

http://thedreamwell.com/2008/11/22/meaning-of-new-rooms-in-the-house-dream/

i don't buy that "here's what your dream means" crap. it is someone else putting THEIR interpretation on a person's dreams. there is no foundation for the validity of their interpretation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#24 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@MrGeezer said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

No. But sometimes I dream that I'm reading books or looking at photographs. Then I wake up and ignore the dream. Fast forward to half a day later and I'm remembering bits and pieces of what I dreamed and being disappointed that I didn't write the shit down while it was fresh in my mind.

This does not happen often. But every once in a while I'll have a dream that consists entirely of reading text that I never saw, viewing visual art that I never saw. Sometimes I'll recognize the piece when I wake up, but there are times when for all I can tell I really didn't see it or read it anywhere else. It was an original product of my dreams. I can't prove that this is the case, but as far as I can tell, I was actually creating original content in my sleep. Some of it actually seems potentially good after waking up (obviously some of it is utter crap, because dreams need not make any sense). And then...I lose it. I wake up and can remember entire sentences or images that my mind constructed while I was asleep, then that all goes into the trash because I'm too lazy to write the shit down while I can still remember it. That frustrates the hell out of me, and I really need to work on that. Hidden rooms in your house is one ting: you're dreaming about OBJECTS, and those objects clearly aren't going to materialize once you wake up. But sometimes I dream about ideas and concepts, things that are just in my mind, and that kind of stuff ABSOLUTELY can carry over from dreams into consciousness. That is, if I wasn't too lazy to put in the effort required to record it.

Apologies for the integral quote but this has happened to me more than once.

It started back when I was a programmer; I've always been able to do "lucid dreaming" so I'd go to bed thinking of code bugs and problems I couldn't solve, dream the solution up and it would always work (the way your brain is a lot more free for problem solving when you sleep surprised the crap out of me the first few times!), then when I started writing novels I started falling asleep thinking about it (you often dream about the things you fell asleep thinking of) and I'd wake up with new ideas, and at a point I started waking up with completely new books in my mind.

At first it was mix-and-match plots from stuff I've read or watched but at a point with completely new (as far as "new" ideas go...most everything has been done one way or another) and with a bit of work I was able to write entire books based on the premise I dreamt up. Pretty cool, but incredibly tiring; when that happens I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all (I wonder why =P)

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@evildead6789 said:

If you would study quantum psyhics you would have known you can just find the explanation for your dream on the internet.

I wasn't looking for an explanation, that's why I didn't reply to your first post in this thread: I think dream interpretation is bullshit.

You're not smart enough to study quantum physics however that kind of smart, is somewhat of a handicap too, a social handicap, an intuitive handicap and even on the virge of autism.

WTF? You really are an idiot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@br0kenrabbit said:

I wasn't looking for an explanation, that's why I didn't reply to your first post in this thread: I think dream interpretation is bullshit.

It think trying to interpret your own dreams is fine, it's just when you start saying that the same dream means the same to everyone that it starts sounding silly.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 br0kenrabbit

@Korvus85 said:

It think trying to interpret your own dreams is fine, it's just when you start saying that the same dream means the same to everyone that it starts sounding silly.

Dreams hold no mystical meanings, it's just the brain exercising.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@br0kenrabbit: Who said anything about mystical? If I dream about an old friend I haven't spoke to in years it might mean I miss her and should give her a call...nothing mystical there...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 br0kenrabbit

@Korvus85 said:

@br0kenrabbit: Who said anything about mystical? If I dream about an old friend I haven't spoke to in years it might mean I miss her and should give her a call...nothing mystical there...

You quoted my response to loony toon up there, I had assumed you were carrying on with that conversation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@br0kenrabbit: Ah, I see. No, I just meant that there's nothing wrong in thinking "Why did I dream about this object/situation/person?" without having to think stuff like "I dreamt that I lost my teeth because somewhere in my previous life I hurt someone".

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 br0kenrabbit

@Korvus85 said:

@br0kenrabbit: Ah, I see. No, I just meant that there's nothing wrong in thinking "Why did I dream about this object/situation/person?" without having to think stuff like "I dreamt that I lost my teeth because somewhere in my previous life I hurt someone".

You retain some seed of inner consciousness when you dream, you just aren't receiving outside stimuli. That's why you're always yourself in dreams. I don't doubt you can approach real world issues in dreams, but that mystic mumbo jumbo is bullshit.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

It's not really much of an debate either, well you didn't start it as one and it will not end as one

You were just surprised when you woke up and you wanted to share that feeling, because you didn't know what to think of it.

Everyone has his strenghts and weaknesses. Don't try to be somebody that you're not, it's not right and it will make you feel bad. Most of all, it won't work.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@Korvus85 said:

Dreams hold no mystical meanings, it's just the brain exercising.

I'm sure all of us have heard of those stories where people knew what to do next through their dreams. I don't know how that works though.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Usually my dreams involve me kicking ass and taking names. I'm sort of a hero like that.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6821 Posts

Down the broken rabbit hole...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Well, I do visit some homes I've lived in before in my dreams. Some things are different in these homes but they have some neat things left behind, nostalgia stuff, you know? Whenever I move IRL I tend to leave stuff behind and they somehow wind up in my dreams.