do you electric or blade razor shave

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LasPlagasHope (1356 posts) -
i have been using a reg gillette fusion sinse i started shaving 2 years ago but cuz my beard is getting thicker i find it hurts to shave sometimes and i have been nicking my face more than ever would it be easier to move to electric shaving!
#2 Posted by jachichorro (3058 posts) -
I use disposable razor blades, the second cheapest ones by Gillette.
#3 Posted by quiglythegreat (16886 posts) -
any old razor is going to cut you pretty damn close, don't buy into the marketing (not to be quite so cliche, but that's how I roll).
#4 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -
Ya i got the Fusion
#5 Posted by CrimzonTide (12187 posts) -
Razor blade. And I will never touch an electric. Why? I don't know, yet I am somehow adamant on this.
#6 Posted by d51man (6143 posts) -
Blade razor
#7 Posted by xXBuffJeffXx (5913 posts) -
electric.
#8 Posted by Frattracide (5395 posts) -
Razor. Electric never gets as close and they give me ingrown hairs.
#9 Posted by Mercury_May2112 (2507 posts) -

Razor. Electric never gets as close and they give me ingrown hairs. Frattracide

I use electric because I'm too lazy to do Razor and I have to agree. They don't work as well.

#10 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26733 posts) -
I use a razor blade, not a fan of electric
#11 Posted by Mystery- (2144 posts) -
I use an electric...
#13 Posted by Frattracide (5395 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frattracide"]Razor. Electric never gets as close and they give me ingrown hairs. Mercury_May2112

I use electric because I'm too lazy to do Razor and I have to agree. They don't work as well.

I used one back in basic training because you get like, three seconds to shave. They suck hardcore.

#14 Posted by gameeer1 (16425 posts) -
Razor blade.:)
#15 Posted by jachichorro (3058 posts) -
The greatness of shaving with a knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToCKwSFPax0 :D
#16 Posted by Niff_T (6052 posts) -
razor blade
#17 Posted by clock_of_omens (5595 posts) -
i use a razor
#18 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -
Razor.
#19 Posted by SylentButDeadly (437 posts) -

I use a rusty butter knife.

#20 Posted by C_BozkurT_C (3580 posts) -
Ya i got the FusionFUBAR24
I've got Fusion Power 8)
#21 Posted by specialedpal (2895 posts) -
Electric
#22 Posted by BladeOfHeaven (6027 posts) -
razor, gets closer than electric
#23 Posted by bigse63xy (942 posts) -

blade

#24 Posted by CJL182 (9233 posts) -
I've only used a razor and never bothered with electric.
#25 Posted by indian_playa (2182 posts) -
razor because i stay clean shaven. electric is more for maintaining a goatee, moustache, beard ...
#26 Posted by greenprince (3332 posts) -
Why would anyone use electronic? Shaving isn't that hard or tiresome.
#27 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24361 posts) -
I've always used electric and I've never bothered to even try a razor. No particular reason, my father used an electric razor and I suppose I just took his cue and it did the job so I stuck with it.
#28 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]Ya i got the FusionC_BozkurT_C
I've got Fusion Power 8)

ya but i get all my razors for free :P i dont know what i signed up for but every year on my birthday Gillette sends me a new razor, the fusion for my 18th and i got an M3 Power for my 17th so im hoping i get the Fusion power for my 19th lol

#29 Posted by tratyu92 (1765 posts) -
I use a razor blade.
#30 Posted by fidosim (12901 posts) -
I used to use electric, but I switched to cheap disposable razors. Much closer shave.
#31 Posted by Matt-4542 (8002 posts) -

Electric to shave my chin (That sounds weird), I dont shave all the way down though.

Then blade razor to shave my sideburns and such.

#32 Posted by Squire_Ramza (1231 posts) -
I like 5 blade razors and I've never cut myself shaving. I guess I just have soft smooth skin;)
#33 Posted by TXDRiPpA (953 posts) -

i have been using a reg gillette fusion sinse i started shaving 2 years ago but cuz my beard is getting thicker i find it hurts to shave sometimes and i have been nicking my face more than ever would it be easier to move to electric shaving!LasPlagasHope

Use the smaller blade on the other side. Then use the bigger blades. Dont let your hair get to long or you will need a electric one to trim it down. And remember to wash your full face with hot water before to soften up the hairs... and also use alot of soap while shaving.

#34 Posted by TXDRiPpA (953 posts) -
And also the fusion power is better with the vibration.
#35 Posted by magicalclick (24265 posts) -
Electric switch to Fusion. Electric is not as close as blade. Also blade is more versatile.
#36 Posted by spawnassasin (18699 posts) -

[QUOTE="Frattracide"]Razor. Electric never gets as close and they give me ingrown hairs. Mercury_May2112

ill have to go with what you said to