Do you drink energy drinks? If so, which?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheGrinchh (254 posts) -

Just curious.

Unlike many, I prefer SoBe. I like how it tastes more of a juice.

Red Bull is OK. I use that as my morning "drug" sometimes. I'll buy a can, and take 1-2 of it each morning before school so I can be alittle more alert. Usually lasts me a week or so.

Monster, I can never get into. Just don't like it. The mochas are ok but other than that, no.

and NOS, I never had.

#2 Posted by lamprey263 (32076 posts) -
coffee biatch, if it ain't broke don't fix it anyhow, of energy soda drinks, I used to like Red Bull, but it's expensive, so Monsters gave more bang for their buck but still too expensive, then I noticed grocery stores selling Wired for $1 and that was best bang for the buck, great stuff when I want to stay up all night and game. 5 Hours are great but pricey and Rockstars suck period. cold coffee is the best because you can chug it since it won't scorch your throat it just tastes like shit
#3 Posted by thegerg (17823 posts) -
Mostly just coffee.
#4 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I just take B12 injections, and random stimulants on occasion. Energy drinks do little to nothing, and are simply successful due to uneducated teenagers consuming them for breakfast.

#5 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12017 posts) -

Where is the None option? I don't drink any energy drinks.

#6 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -
Sometimes however I find them to be severely overpriced. I drink Red Bull with certain liquor drinks. When I can find it in the store, I like the energy drink, Cocaine.
Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
#7 Posted by charlesdarwin55 (2651 posts) -
NO!
#8 Posted by lamprey263 (32076 posts) -

I just take B12 injections, and random stimulants on occasion. Energy drinks do little to nothing, and are simply successful due to uneducated teenagers consuming them for breakfast.

Fightingfan
I tried finding the 5 hour ingredients separately and taking them to try to achieve similar results... didn't really work like that
#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

lamprey263
I tried finding the 5 hour ingredients separately and taking them to try to achieve similar results... didn't really work like that

Take ephedrine/caffeine/clenbuterol (stim of choice) and a B12 shot - cheaper, and the stimulate and thermic effects are 200 times greater. That being said I'm not responsible if your heart explodes. I'm assuming the ingredients in energy drinks are like... B12, riboflavin, caffeine, ginseng, Guarana, and other things of that nature that have shown correlation studies to ATP production/energy.
#10 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Every so often I'll have a Rockstar or Redbull

#11 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4735 posts) -

I mostly just drink coffee, but sometimes the situation calls for little extra. In those situations, I jsut chug a 5 Hour real quick. They taste like used battery acid, but they'll kick you in the ass if you're not resistant to caffeine and whatever else they put in that thing.

#12 Posted by playmynutz (6856 posts) -
Usually look behind the can to see which has the highest percent ingredient I think its full throttle. 5 hour super energy is ok if you drink two
#13 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (297 posts) -
Monster
#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (94998 posts) -
If you use them on a daily basis, it's probably time to start looking into addiction counseling. I only use energy drinks these days when I'm doing deliveries and driving more than 4-5 hours at a time (or more than 3 consecutively) top help alleviate mental fatigue. I have a caffeine dependancy and drink coffee on a daily basis at work, but not more than 8-12 oz at a time, no more than twice.
#15 Posted by thegerg (17823 posts) -
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]If you use them on a daily basis, it's probably time to start looking into addiction counseling. I only use energy drinks these days when I'm doing deliveries and driving more than 4-5 hours at a time (or more than 3 consecutively) top help alleviate mental fatigue. I have a caffeine dependancy and drink coffee on a daily basis at work, but not more than 8-12 oz at a time, no more than twice.

"If you use them on a daily basis, it's probably time to start looking into addiction counseling." Uh, no. Addiction counselling is for addicts, not just people who use. "I have a caffeine dependancy and drink coffee on a daily basis at work" Wait, are you seeking addiction counselling?
#16 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28821 posts) -

I used to drink 5 hour energy but noticed it shot my blood preasure through the roof and started making me feel weird.

#17 Posted by foxhound_fox (94998 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"]"If you use them on a daily basis, it's probably time to start looking into addiction counseling." Uh, no. Addiction counselling is for addicts, not just people who use. "I have a caffeine dependancy and drink coffee on a daily basis at work" Wait, are you seeking addiction counselling?

People can be addicted to caffeine. If they need a >150mg shot a day just to get up in the morning, they are likely addicted to the point of negative repercussions (like heart problems stemming from overdosing). A dependency isn't an addiction. I have become dependent on caffeine at work in order to keep up with the physical and mental demands. I don't use any caffeinated products on weekends or days off.
#18 Posted by br0kenrabbit (14425 posts) -

I avoid caffeine for the most part, I have enough trouble with anxiety. Every once and again I'll have a soda when I'm eating out, but I don't do that more than a couple of times a month these days.

#19 Posted by thegerg (17823 posts) -
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="thegerg"]"If you use them on a daily basis, it's probably time to start looking into addiction counseling." Uh, no. Addiction counselling is for addicts, not just people who use. "I have a caffeine dependancy and drink coffee on a daily basis at work" Wait, are you seeking addiction counselling?

People can be addicted to caffeine. If they need a >150mg shot a day just to get up in the morning, they are likely addicted to the point of negative repercussions (like heart problems stemming from overdosing). A dependency isn't an addiction. I have become dependent on caffeine at work in order to keep up with the physical and mental demands. I don't use any caffeinated products on weekends or days off.

"People can be addicted to caffeine." Of course they can be, but has nothing to do with your assertion that someone should look into addiction treatment simply for using it.
#20 Posted by -Vulpix- (2487 posts) -

I don't drink any of them. Did Drink Soda before, but quit drinking that a while ago.

#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (94998 posts) -
[QUOTE="thegerg"]"People can be addicted to caffeine." Of course they can be, but has nothing to do with your assertion that someone should look into addiction treatment simply for using it.

Lol thegerg post.
#22 Posted by Trail_Mix (2579 posts) -

No way, I can't.

I've already been tested a couple times for an abnormal heart rate. Don't wanna even imagine what effects energy drinks would cause.

I mean, I tend to steer clear of caffeinated drinks in general, with the exception of tea, which typically contains small amounts of caffeine anyway.

#23 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -
I stopped drinking energy drinks when I discovered modafinil.
#25 Posted by outworld222 (2720 posts) -

meh, if powerade counts as an energy drink, then yes.

#26 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

i hardly drink energy drinks, but when i do its NOS

also like the blue Full Throttle

cant stand Monster. horrible aftertaste

#27 Posted by one_plum (6460 posts) -

I like the taste, but I treat it like medicine; I would only drink it if I really need it.

#28 Posted by British_Azimio (2458 posts) -
I haven't had one in years. Too sugary for me. It takes about a pot of strong black coffee just to wake me up properly. That's what I drink if I need my caffeine fix. (and I do need it often)
#29 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Rarely, but when I do, Monster.

#30 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I stopped about a week ago. Got tired of getting the weird sick feeling it was giving me when I drank them.

#31 Posted by Dogswithguns (11270 posts) -
No I don't.. don't really like em. coffee in the morning that's it.
#32 Posted by Tqricardinho (477 posts) -

Yes, mostly Red Bull and Monster.

#33 Posted by rocinante_ (1772 posts) -

i use to drink jolt a lot back when i was younger, but i didn't drink it for the caffeine; i drank it because it's sugary goodness

i stick to jus tea these days. i find that caffeine doesn't really affect me, get tired from it even

#34 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

No. They all taste like crap.

#35 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -
I'm a fan of Red Bull. I never drink caffeine in the morning, but will sometimes take a RB at night when reading or doing work.
#36 Posted by mems_1224 (54722 posts) -
lol God no. Disgusting. I dont even drink coffee
#37 Posted by tocool340 (20872 posts) -
SoBe with a bit of Monster Lemon Tea now and then...
#38 Posted by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Strickly black coffee or espresso. I hate energy drinks. Way too much sugar.

#39 Posted by Jimn_tonic (913 posts) -

i find most energy drinks have a weird metallic taste to them, that give your mouth a dry aftertaste.

i prefer iced coffee drinks for a pick-me-up.

#40 Posted by benleslie5 (8420 posts) -

I drink a lot of Relentless, but this is a UK energy drink if your wondering

#41 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58543 posts) -
Tea? I don't drink those fads in a can. Way too sweet.
#42 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

Monster. I love it. Probably addicted to it.

#43 Posted by lancea34 (6912 posts) -

Redbull and Burn. Burn tastes better though imo.

#44 Posted by ferrari2001 (17572 posts) -
Does beer count as an energy drink?
#45 Posted by TheGrinchh (254 posts) -
Does beer count as an energy drink?ferrari2001
if it's your "pick-me-up", then I suppose :P
#46 Posted by British_Azimio (2458 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Does beer count as an energy drink?TheGrinchh

It wasn't uncommon for me to start the day with a cup of coffee to the left of me and a can of beer to the right. (Taking a break from the hooch after a recent near-arrest)
#47 Posted by ferrari2001 (17572 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Does beer count as an energy drink?TheGrinchh

My pick-me-up is simply being awesome. If I'm tired I just cease to be tired and instead I become awesome. Everything else is simply secondary.
#48 Posted by junglist101 (5479 posts) -

None.  If I did drink them the 5 hour energy works great and you don't have to drink a whole can of it.  A full size energy drink is a waste of calories if you care about such things.  What I do use like some sort of crack addict are caffeine pills.  Easy and clean. 

#49 Posted by CountBleck12 (4740 posts) -

I hardly drink them but when I want to, it's either Monster or NOS.

#50 Posted by mrbojangles25 (35412 posts) -

Coffee, black