Do you disrespect transgender people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pffrbt (6451 posts) -

I see transgender people get a lot of sh*t on the internet and in real life. People treat them like mental cases. The "check your cis scum privilege" people on Tumblr who are offended by everything and are incredibly aggressive about cis gender straight men probably don't help anything though.

#2 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

I dont................

#3 Posted by dave123321 (33586 posts) -

I dont................

Chow_Mein_Kampf
#4 Posted by dave123321 (33586 posts) -
Leaving before the awfulness begins
#5 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6723 posts) -
I do.
#6 Posted by mahlasor (1278 posts) -

Yeah... like people who have lots of money to spend on stupid crap are common every day people.:roll:

#7 Posted by Pffrbt (6451 posts) -

I dont................

Chow_Mein_Kampf

Are you sure? I've met some people that consider it disrespectful when someone isn't damn near psychic about their pronoun use.

#8 Posted by thegerg (14600 posts) -
I try to respect everyone, but some people make it difficult. I respect some of them, not others.
#9 Posted by Celldrax (14548 posts) -

No, I have no reason to.

#10 Posted by Pffrbt (6451 posts) -

Yeah... like people who have lots of money to spend on stupid crap are common every day people.:roll:

mahlasor

What?

#11 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5040 posts) -
Don't think about it.
#12 Posted by frannkzappa (3101 posts) -

why would i?

#13 Posted by Chow_Mein_Kampf (6651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

I dont................

Pffrbt

Are you sure? I've met some people that consider it disrespectful when someone isn't damn near psychic about their pronoun use.

If you put it that way, then inadvertently I might have.............

#14 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
No. But if you're biologically a man, and act more feminine then a typical female, like super-super-flamer(They play the role so hard, and have they gay-voice), don't get offended when I laugh.
#15 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Not for that fact alone but I'm not one who generally thinks everyone gets respect just for being people.

#16 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

No, I don't disrespect transgender people. What reason would I have to do that?

#17 Posted by XilePrincess (13111 posts) -
I'm totally cool with transgender people. No problem with them whatsoever. I actually watch quite a few transgender people on youtube, but I can't stand people like Johnny Boy or Chris Crocker. They're annoying and the face they're putting on the transgender community as a whole is degrading and sad.
#18 Posted by thegerg (14600 posts) -

Lucky_Krystal
They might be rude to others, or they might not offer you the respect you deserve. Thee are a number of reasons to disrespect people.
#19 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29070 posts) -
Find it kind of weird but hey whatever floats their boat, I don't care.
#20 Posted by mahlasor (1278 posts) -

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

Pffrbt

What?

I found your topic to be too general, so I did the same thing.

edit: they kind of are mental cases... They hate their body, and are never really happy about themselves, wouldnt want to be with someone who was not even comfortable with themselves. It is not rational.

#21 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
This is such a stupid topic.
#22 Posted by mahlasor (1278 posts) -

This is such a stupid topic.chilly-chill

I should of just said this. Who is going to say "yeah, I disrespect them, I tell them to go to hell."

Yeah, I disrespect them all the time, I tell them to go to hell!

#23 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

thegerg

They might be rude to others, or they might not offer you the respect you deserve. Thee are a number of reasons to disrespect people.

Well then I'll disrespect them because they are disrespectful, not because they are transgender.

#24 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="thegerg"][QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Lucky_Krystal

Well then I'll disrespect them because they are disrespectful, not because they are transgender.

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind.

#25 Posted by sonicare (53448 posts) -

HOnestly, I dont think about them one way or the other.

#26 Posted by Sunsha (20640 posts) -
This is such a stupid topic.chilly-chill
You act as though this is a rare occurrence for OT. Anyway, I never think about any of these things about people I see some stupid topic about it.
#27 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penis
#28 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]This is such a stupid topic.Sunsha
You act as though this is a rare occurrence for OT.

Not really. Sometimes it just needs to be said.
#29 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisMgamerBD
They split the penis in half, and then extend the urethra outward somewhat like a female's.

#30 Posted by Sunsha (20640 posts) -
Not really. Sometimes it just needs to be said.chilly-chill
Fight the good fight. I'll remember you always.
#31 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

No...

#32 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
No, I haven't any clue what they are going through :P I just know it must be horrible so I respect them for being able to handle it :P Then again I've neer met one who hasn't tried to keep it completely secret, and I met that person as a girl so I never messed up her pronouns :P Our friendship didn't change though once someone told me :P
#33 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

No, but I'd have an extremly difficult time dating one, otherwise though they don't bother me, and I see no reason to disrespect or insult them.

#34 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisFightingfan

They split the penis in half, and then extend the urethra outward somewhat like a female's.

That is disgusting. Do they feel pleasure during sex?
#35 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisMgamerBD

From what i've read it's either they do after it all o3o Or they don't Like just a chance for if they will or not afterward :P

#36 Posted by Lockedge (16794 posts) -

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

I dont................

Pffrbt

Generally, most trans people are cool about pronouns, so long as you make an effort. Seeing as online interactions are usually involving a lack of past history that could cause someone to mess up pronouns due to habit, it's pretty easy to follow the logic of "I'm a woman, I prefer female pronouns like she, her..."

However, what happens far too often is someone says they're trans, then uses the above statement, and people start using male pronouns, despite the clear indication that male pronouns would not be fitting.

Only time I could see someone getting miffed about pronouns mixups otherwise in a major way (online) is if they were well known in a community as a man/woman, and people weren't respecting that. Or if they had a blog that specifically lists their sex/gender/pronoun usage/etc. in plain sight, and people ignored it.

Offline, walking aroud in the real world, if you're not sure, it's best to just ask, if you truly neeed to interact with them. There's usually no harm in that, in comparison to just assuming certain pronoun usage.

#37 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisFightingfan

I don't even want to ask how you know that.

#38 Posted by Lockedge (16794 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisMgamerBD

Surgery tends to be disgusting most of the time. This one really isn't any different in that regard, imo.

But yes, pleasure is definitely possible. Sometimes, if the surgeon slips up, they lose a degree of sensation, but usually (so long as your surgeon is legit) it's a success.

#39 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] They split the penis in half, and then extend the urethra outward somewhat like a female's.

Lockedge

Surgery tends to be disgusting most of the time. This one really isn't any different in that regard, imo.

But yes, pleasure is definitely possible. Sometimes, if the surgeon slips up, they lose a degree of sensation, but usually (so long as your surgeon is legit) it's a success.

This is a a lot for me to take in...
#40 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] They split the penis in half, and then extend the urethra outward somewhat like a female's.

TrainerCeleste

From what i've read it's either they do after it all o3o Or they don't Like just a chance for if they will or not afterward :P

Wha? my bad. I can't understand!
#41 Posted by Lockedge (16794 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lockedge"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"] That is disgusting. Do they feel pleasure during sex?MgamerBD

This is a a lot for me to take in...

Understandable. This particular surgery re-uses pretty much most of the previous equipment, it's kind of wild. It's not perfect, truly, but the body adapts, and it usually turns out fine. Only issue is with self-lubrication, iirc. There are some techniques some surgeons use to improve it, such as inner-cheek graft, but it's still a very new process with very little research being done.

Some ask why trans women would undergo this surgery, and I think it's a fair question, but there's some scientific backing as to why. Can't recall which study it is...might look around tomorrow to find it, but there was one done to see whether trans women experienced a form of phantom limb syndrome after surgery. They compared them to men who had lost their genitals entirely after they had been damaged (I think the sample group was mostly soldiers here). Pretty much all of the men experienced the phantom limb syndrome for their penis to varying degrees. The opposite was true for the trans women, iirc. Either way, the study had significant results betwen the two groups, from what I recall.

Just kind of shows that there's very likely a biological basis for it, that perhaps the brain doesn't recognize that stuff in the same way it's normally recognized.

#42 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]No...but I do wonder how a man can get rid of his penisGoyoshi12

I don't even want to ask how you know that.

I read medical journals.
#43 Posted by Sunsha (20640 posts) -
I read medical journals. Fightingfan
You should be more careful. This is OT some of them are afraid of reading such things.
#44 Posted by indzman (16864 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I read medical journals. Sunsha
You should be more careful. This is OT some of them are afraid of reading such things.

omg. seeing you after ages on OT :P

#45 Posted by Pffrbt (6451 posts) -

No. But if you're biologically a man, and act more feminine then a typical female, like super-super-flamer(They play the role so hard, and have they gay-voice), don't get offended when I laugh.Fightingfan

Being flamboyantly gay isn't the same as being transgender.

#46 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
No why should I?
#47 Posted by krazykillaz (21141 posts) -
Not at all.
#48 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -

Nope. For various reasons, it wouldn't make sense for me to disrespect trans* people. Besides, most trans* people I know are pretty cool.

#49 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
oh GOD I totally misread the title ;__;
#50 Posted by CreasianDevaili (3991 posts) -
No more or less than anyone else. I mean last I checked they are just human beings. We poke fun at about every demographic/ethnicity as is.