Do you consider Girls who dress like this as "Trashy" or "Asking For It"?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mrduckbears3 (104 posts) 4 months, 23 days ago

Poll: Do you consider Girls who dress like this as "Trashy" or "Asking For It"? (49 votes)

Yes, that's very revealing. No respected Girl who doesn't want attention should wear that 37%
Not at all. unless she purposely acts in a way she wants it, there's no need to judge 63%

Let's see what people think

#1 Edited by Master_Live (13665 posts) -

I consider girls like that a gift from God.

#2 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10044 posts) -

god, god will tear us apart again.

#4 Posted by thegerg (14417 posts) -

Not really. I think it's kind of dumb in certain cases, though.

#5 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9297 posts) -

I like how girls be like

But when you say something or are coaght looking they be like

and make you out to be the pervert.

#6 Posted by deeliman (2264 posts) -

No, not at all.

#7 Posted by lamprey263 (22460 posts) -

"asking for it" in the rape or sexual assault sense, no

but they're certainly asking to be objectified

#8 Posted by Barbariser (6705 posts) -

It's eye candy, I prefer to not judge peoples' character on what they're wearing at any particular moment, and people who actually think that revealing clothes invites/encourages sexual harassment and rape are ignorant morons.

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (6983 posts) -

Attractive and nice to look at. But not something I would go with (like that would happen anyway).

#10 Posted by lostrib (31870 posts) -

asking for what?

#11 Posted by jer_1 (7422 posts) -

It certainly won't help the creepers to keep their hands off. They're asking for sexual attention dressing this way, eventually they'll get it.

#12 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (779 posts) -

No judgement from me, but certainly unsafe.

#13 Posted by Slashless (10084 posts) -

Um, "asking for it in what way?" :?

#14 Posted by thegerg (14417 posts) -

Um, "asking for it in what way?" :?

Who are you quoting?

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (86981 posts) -
#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8630 posts) -

This thread is kinda Rapey.

#17 Posted by thegerg (14417 posts) -

This thread is kinda Rapey.

In what way?

#18 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8630 posts) -

"Asking For It" ?

#19 Posted by thegerg (14417 posts) -

"Asking For It" ?

Your question makes no sense.

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8630 posts) -

Sense is not my department. I work in human resources. :p

#21 Posted by CountBleck12 (22494 posts) -

Not really.

#22 Posted by bobaban (10523 posts) -

#23 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

I don't think it's trashy. But, I'll gawk anyway. That's why I wear shades.

#24 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

Obligatory:

#25 Posted by ferrari2001 (16677 posts) -

I don't consider them either. They are women dressing as society says they should dress. I personally prefer woman who dress more modestly because I think it shows greater respect for themselves and opposes what society tells them beauty is, but to each their own.

#26 Posted by mister_XYZ (11 posts) -

#27 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6693 posts) -

Nah. But they better not complain when men objectify them.

#29 Posted by n1i2e3 (15 posts) -

I say they have a self image obsession.

#30 Edited by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

I think it's gross. Especially in hot days. Imagine sitting in a bus on a hot day with girls smelling super musty wearing those clothes.

I think this is 10x more attractive.

#31 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

I have no complaints about their clothing. But, they look like jail bait to me. I'd limit myself to just looking.

#32 Edited by Master_Live (13665 posts) -

Nengo be careful with your gifs.

#33 Posted by Star67 (3445 posts) -

For rape? Or unwanted sexual advance? No, men (or women) who are going to rape are gonna do it regardless.

But for attention, cat calls, etc. Hell yes that's why they are wearing it. Why else would you wear stuff like that? You can look just as attractive wearing something a little less showy.

Lets say I have a perfect male body. If I wore a sleeveless shirt or no shirt out in public people would assume I'm showing off my physical assets. Its the same for girls. I think it would be more attractive and classier to wear a nice suit or something. (for a guy)

#34 Posted by foxhound_fox (86981 posts) -

Nengo be careful with your gifs.

What's wrong with it? There is no nipple or nipple bump. Epic, bouncing cleavage is not a problem.

#35 Posted by RenegadeSteve (113 posts) -

I don't think their asking to be raped but you know dressing like that is just asking for wanted and unwanted attention. Any woman with respect and dignity wouldn't wear anything like that,

I think Dave Chappelle said it best "Chivalry Is Dead... and Women killed"

#36 Edited by themajormayor (25649 posts) -

They look really trashy.

#37 Posted by themajormayor (25649 posts) -

It's eye candy, I prefer to not judge peoples' character on what they're wearing at any particular moment, and people who actually think that revealing clothes invites/encourages sexual harassment and rape are ignorant morons.

How can it not encourage rape?? It doesn't justify it even a little but though.

#38 Edited by Barbariser (6705 posts) -
@Barbariser said:

Sorry, you're going to have to show how it does considering that it's an outrageous viewpoint that doesn't have any proof.

#39 Edited by themajormayor (25649 posts) -

@themajormayor said:
@Barbariser said:

Sorry, you're going to have to show how it does considering that it's an outrageous viewpoint that doesn't have any proof.

I simply used simple reasoning and logic; There is probably a correlation between rape and sexual arousal. People probably rape less when they're not sexually aroused. Some clothes create more sexual arousal than others.

Now where is your proof that people who think that revealing clothes invites/encourages sexual harassment and rape are ignorant morons.

#40 Edited by XilePrincess (13104 posts) -

Asking for it, absolutely not. No woman goes outside looking to get forced to have sex with someone she doesn't want to have sex with. To think otherwise is ridiculous. If men are so unable to control themselves that exposed skin triggers them to rape somebody, I think that's more of a problem with the man than with the woman.

Do I think it looks trashy? Yes. Having your butt hanging out the bottom of your belt-sized skirt is not a good look whether you have a nice body or whether you're Mama June.

#41 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2537 posts) -

Nobody deserves to be raped, ever. End of thread. No need to discuss. Rape is bad, mmkay.

#42 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27963 posts) -

I can't believe the votes are this close. The second option. It shouldn't be up for debate.

#43 Posted by themajormayor (25649 posts) -

I can't believe the votes are this close. The second option. It shouldn't be up for debate.

I think alot of people vote for the trashy option without thinking that they are "asking for it". Cause it does look a bit trashy.

#44 Edited by Motokid6 (5026 posts) -

I went to high school with the girl in the first gif.. I shit you not. It was a true privilege.

#45 Edited by General_X (9023 posts) -

I would imagine they're seeking a certain level of attention from certain people. But to assume more than that is asinine.

#46 Posted by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

Millennials call it being independent

#47 Posted by awesome3496 (2127 posts) -
#48 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

"asking for it" in the rape or sexual assault sense, no

but they're certainly asking to be objectified

This, exactly. If you want honest answers for your poll, the phrase "asking for it" desperately needs to be clarified.

#49 Posted by Aljosa23 (24335 posts) -

Generalizing based off wardrobe is stupid.

#50 Posted by hippiesanta (9735 posts) -

Not Trashy

Absolute Trashy and asking for it