Do you consider aging past prime years to be a disease?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

Do you consider the continuation of aging past the prime years of an organism's life to be a disease?

#2 Edited by foxhound_fox (85229 posts) -

You're weird.

#3 Edited by thegerg (12924 posts) -

no

#4 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15931 posts) -
#5 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -
#6 Edited by foxhound_fox (85229 posts) -
#7 Posted by Sword-Demon (6592 posts) -

Disease: a condition of the living animal or plant body or of one of its parts that impairs normal functioning and is typically manifested by distinguishing signs and symptoms

Well, going by that definition, I guess getting old could be considered a disease...

but no.

#8 Posted by Stranger_36 (438 posts) -

No.

#9 Posted by roulettethedog (10847 posts) -

YES I do. Both of my parents rotted away at the end of their lives and I consider that a disease.

#10 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

YES I do. Both of my parents rotted away at the end of their lives and I consider that a disease.

How old were they when they kicked and how old were you when they did so?

#11 Edited by lostrib (26062 posts) -

No

#12 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1301 posts) -

no, and if you do or even come close to arriving at that thought, you are crazy.

#13 Posted by dave123321 (32590 posts) -

I strongly feel that the TC is harming our community.

#14 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

You ever been to prison?

#15 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

I strongly feel that the TC is harming our community.

What about this thread would make you say that?

#16 Posted by 4myAmuzumament (1301 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: this isn't a topic anyone here in OT has the ability to discuss. you expect too much out of this place.

#17 Posted by playmynutz (5560 posts) -

Reach the prime age and never aging again would blow the pinal gland out ya head from shock

#18 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (623 posts) -

Damn, what a terrible POS topic.

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (85229 posts) -
#20 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6581 posts) -

Lol what?

#21 Posted by lostrib (26062 posts) -
#22 Edited by Wilfred_Owen (20672 posts) -
#23 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -
#24 Posted by Master_Live (12247 posts) -

Of course, we are sick people.

#25 Posted by lostrib (26062 posts) -
#26 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

has he ever made a good topic?

Rape Land?

At this point, this seems to be a concerted effort to troll me, because there's no reason to be so bothered by such an innocuous, benign thread. Is just a simple question, which actually has quite a bit of merit.

But we can be bothered by someone who thinks the idea of Rapeland is okay/funny

That was like two years ago. Let it go already. Yeezus Rice.

#27 Edited by lostrib (26062 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

At this point, this seems to be a concerted effort to troll me, because there's no reason to be so bothered by such an innocuous, benign thread. Is just a simple question, which actually has quite a bit of merit.

No thanks

#28 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

No thanks

Seriously. What do you have against me? There are comedians that make jokes about murder, rape, and racism, yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me. C'mon, son. What's up?

#29 Posted by thegerg (12924 posts) -
#30 Posted by lostrib (26062 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

No thanks

Seriously. What do you have against me? There are comedians that make jokes about murder, rape, and racism, yet you're holding this one joke, which is two years old, against me. C'mon, son. What's up?

To remind you and everyone else what a scumbag you are. Although I didn't bring it up this time. And you've never explained how this was a joke? how was it meant to be funny?

And you know those comedians that make jokes about murder/rape (jokes about racial stereotypes usually get a pass) often get in to quite a bit of trouble with the public

#31 Posted by Master_Live (12247 posts) -
#32 Edited by lostrib (26062 posts) -
#33 Edited by quadraleap (36476 posts) -

I just want to go short and quick with hopefully enough notice to blow some money and have some fun. I don't want to have facial surgery for cancer (mother) or sit in a nursing home (father) in my 80's.

#34 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

No thanks

To remind you and everyone else what a scumbag you are. Although I didn't bring it up this time. And you've never explained how this was a joke? how was it meant to be funny?

And you know those comedians that make jokes about murder/rape (jokes about racial stereotypes usually get a pass) often get in to quite a bit of trouble with the public

I'm not a scumbag at all. I'm a pretty benign individual in person. I don't hurt people, and barely interact with others, doing so only when I have to. You don't know me, man. I'm actually a very calm and peaceful person.

For example, one day at work I ordered Chinese food and requested for it to be delivered. Because my cell phone was set to silent mode, I didn't know when the delivery man arrived, so he had to have the manager in the front call me via intercom. When I finally approached him to get my food, about ten minutes had gone by and the delivery man had become impatient. As I'm approached, he yelled out "Fuck you!" Do you know what I did? Nothing. I didn't get angry, but remained calm, gave him the money and a tip, and that was that. All of my co-workers who observed my reaction applauded me, saying how chill I am. Sure, I'm a little weird and say obscene things (for comedic and shock effect), but I'm a good person. Really.

Let it go, lostrib.

#35 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

I'm going to the market to get some groceries. I'll be back in about a half hour or so. Chow.

#36 Posted by Master_Live (12247 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Master_Live said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

lol, that sounds good. Can someone point me to that thread?

I would imagine the mods erased it

Meh, couldn't find it. So what was the gist of this "joke"?

#37 Edited by thegerg (12924 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@lostrib said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

@Wilfred_Owen said:

@lostrib said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Well, look who made it.

Rape Land?

No thanks

I'm not a scumbag at all. I'm a pretty benign individual in person. I don't hurt people, and barely interact with others, doing so only when I have to. You don't know me, man. I'm actually a very calm and peaceful person.

For example, one day at work I ordered Chinese food and requested for it to be delivered. Because my cell phone was set to silent mode, I didn't know when the delivery man arrived, so he had to have the manager in the front call me via intercom. When I finally approached him to get my food, about ten minutes had gone by and the delivery man had become impatient. As I'm approached, he yelled out "Fuck you!" Do you know what I did? Nothing. I didn't get angry, but remained calm, gave him the money and a tip, and that was that. All of my co-workers who observed my reaction applauded me, saying how chill I am. Sure, I'm a little weird and say obscene things (for comedic and shock effect), but I'm a good person. Really.

Let it go, lostrib.

So you reacted to an upset delivery driver like an adult should. Good for you...I guess...

#38 Edited by Pirate700 (46411 posts) -

Can the mods please remove Bluray's new topic button? Please?

#39 Posted by indzman (15356 posts) -

BRHD maybe you should stick to making simple threads as the movie threads you used to make previously. miss those from you :)

#40 Posted by indzman (15356 posts) -

long time no see pirate. how are you ?

#41 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10286 posts) -

You guys are seriously overreacting. There's nothing wrong with the threads I make. It's just that you guys don't like me as a user/ person, so you bemoan everything I do just to vent your dislike of me. It's all quite juvenile and stupid. If you don't like the thread or any of my threads, don't post in them. Period.

Also, considering your age, Pirate, I'm quite disappointed at the immaturity you're demonstrating with this post.

Wha! Wha! Somebody call the whambulance!

#42 Edited by RadecSupreme (4520 posts) -

Considering wear and tear is the main cause of aging and slowed cell regeneration...No.

#43 Posted by Pirate700 (46411 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Pirate700 said:

long time no see pirate. how are you ?

I'm good, man. I'm still around, but lurk more as there isn't much activity here anymore. lol

#45 Edited by VaguelyTagged (9836 posts) -

do you know what disease mean?

#46 Posted by lostrib (26062 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: its more likely that your threads are really shitty

#47 Posted by Brain_Duster (312 posts) -

You're a disease.

#48 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9144 posts) -

Hey ya gotta die sometime.

#49 Posted by wis3boi (30257 posts) -
#50 Posted by chrisrooR (9026 posts) -