Do you call your friends the n word?

• 180 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6523 posts) -

Me and my friends use it but were all black so it's not really a big deal. Don't see the big deal if someone of another ethnicity says it. I say it to my non black friends too. Do you use it? Is it wrong to use it if you're not black?

#2 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
there is a token black member of my closest group of friends and we all call him it to get under his skin that wasnt a pun
#3 Posted by Legend002 (6947 posts) -

No. And I don't think it should be used at all.

#4 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Me and my friends use it but were all black so it's not really a big deal. Don't see the big deal if someone of another ethnicity says it. I say it to my non black friends too. Do you use it? Is it wrong to use it if you're not black?

Capitan_Kid

Let's be clear that there's a difference between ending with a "a" or an "er", as for myself, it's not an everyday thing, but yeah I do say it. It's mostly to express excitement "Did you see that dunk my *****?!" but it's something that over time I have found myself saying less and less as my vocabulary has expanded.

#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I do, but in a parody of the people who use it in their common language. Me and my mother use it to refer to each other jokingly.
#6 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

Considering how where I grew up if you didn't speak in ebonics you were labeled a "white boy", yes I do.

#7 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]

Yusuke420

Let's be clear that there's a difference between ending with a "a" or an "er", as for myself, it's not an everyday thing, but yeah I do say it. It's mostly to express excitement "Did you see that dunk my *****?!" but it's something that over time I have found myself saying less and less as my vocabulary has expanded.

I don't think the ending has anything to do with the perceived meaning.

I can say the word Negro just as offensive as the "errr" ending.

#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8130 posts) -
No i dont. I did work with a older black guy who asked me to say wassup n@&$a because he thought it was funny how awkward I said it.
#9 Posted by Blueresident87 (5312 posts) -

No.

#10 Posted by konvikt_17 (22131 posts) -

that word is pretty much nonexistant from my vocabulary.

#11 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]

Fightingfan

I don't think the ending has anything to do with the perceived meaning.

I can say the word Negro just as offensive as the "errr" ending.

Most people don't assiociate that with being racist though, in any black community. The "er" version though is almost always met with anger no matter who says it. Paul Mooney used to get flack for that.

#12 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6523 posts) -

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]

Yusuke420

Meh. My friends use both.
#13 Posted by masiisam (5717 posts) -

In my group of friends...we all do...sure..why not?..We all know its not coming from a place of prejudice.

#14 Posted by megagene (22985 posts) -
Yes I do. But I'm Asian so it's okay.
#15 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Yes I do. Since they are no wussies they take no harm.

#16 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
That's one of the gross words I don't like saying.
#17 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
That's one of the gross words I don't like saying.KiIIyou
dont you ever get tired of adding absolutely nothing to the conversation or do you have an alt account are you banjo
#18 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
[QUOTE="KiIIyou"]That's one of the gross words I don't like saying.cheese_game619
dont you ever get tired of adding absolutely nothing to the conversation or do you have an alt account are you banjo

Hey, you were sposed to ask what the other gross words are. Reciprocate like and junk.
#19 Posted by megagene (22985 posts) -
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]That's one of the gross words I don't like saying.KiIIyou

Hey, you were sposed to ask what the other gross words are. Reciprocate like and junk.

Boogers. I call them boogs for short.
#20 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
i dont like saying poo i dont even like saying it in my head
#21 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -
Most the time. I throw in a homey every once in a while.
#22 Posted by Allicrombie (25117 posts) -
heck yeah, im all like, "what up, nacho!" and kids are like, "OMG ITS THAT WEIRD LADY FROM DOWN THE BLOCK, RUN!" Good times.
#23 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
[QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"][QUOTE="cheese_game619"] dont you ever get tired of adding absolutely nothing to the conversation or do you have an alt account are you banjo

I call those bingers. ;3
#24 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -

Nah, Im not black and I think other races shouldn't use it, I just see it as one of those culture things within a race.

#25 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -

Nah, Im not black and I think other races shouldn't use it, I just see it as one of those culture things within a race.

Lord_Ronskins
>being a reverse racist how do you sleep at night
#26 Posted by dave123321 (33617 posts) -
nope
#27 Posted by megagene (22985 posts) -
[QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Hey, you were sposed to ask what the other gross words are. Reciprocate like and junk.KiIIyou

I call those bingers. ;3

Oh yeah, that's less gross. ~_^
#28 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Killyou is like good comic relief on this site with so much tension. The guy deserves all the praise in the world, that bit in that other thread about the bears and salmon had me in stitches lol...

#29 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
Not really... I mean I might say it when we are laughing and what not but I dont just use it all the time.I feel like I can say it if I want to.
#30 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lord_Ronskins"]

cheese_game619

>being a reverse racist how do you sleep at night

Difficult at times since Im so used to being up late but if I am lucky I crash out great!

#31 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24233 posts) -

Every once in a while with close friends in non public sitiations, but generally speaking I think it's a word best left for bedroom activities.

#32 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

no

#33 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

Nope.

#34 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6523 posts) -

Every once in a while with close friends in non public sitiations, but generally speaking I think it's a word best left for bedroom activities.

Lord_Daemon
lol what? Does the N word turn your spouse on?
#35 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
No.
#36 Posted by pspdseagle (3307 posts) -
NO, and I cringe if I see a non-white person do it. So facepalm-worthy.
#37 Posted by leafs_ducks (2696 posts) -

yes, i call my friend the n word all the time. i should stop tho. lol

#38 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

[QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="KiIIyou"]Hey, you were sposed to ask what the other gross words are. Reciprocate like and junk.KiIIyou

I call those bingers. ;3

Oh my! :o

sw50sw8sw578.gif

#39 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

sometimes

#40 Posted by Deihjan (30213 posts) -
No. I'm not rude. all the time...
#41 Posted by Kats_RK (2079 posts) -

Yes we say Nerd to each other all the time.

#42 Posted by Blue-Sky (10315 posts) -

No.

I'm part of the other percentage of black people that hate the term but get no attention because we're not rappers or athletes.

#43 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
only in private and when they aren't listening. have no black friends not cool enough :(
#44 Posted by zenogandia (912 posts) -

I get called the n word, because I'm black skinned, but my freinds mean no harm. It isn't like they are trying to offend me.

#45 Posted by Deihjan (30213 posts) -

Yes we say Nerd to each other all the time.

Kats_RK
what about noob?
#46 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

As a joke yes.

#47 Posted by johnd13 (7913 posts) -

I rarely see black people where I live so no. And even if things were different I still wouldn' t use that word.

#48 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Yea,I say it
#49 Posted by soulless4now (41360 posts) -

Yeah, I call people ninjas all the time.

#50 Posted by applesxc47 (10761 posts) -

We're all very white, but we do when we quote The Boondocks :P