Do you believe in Ghosts/ Paranormal?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

signzoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By signzoe
Member since 2012 • 55 Posts

Check out a video i found..

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@signzoe: @signzoe: very few look legit, but alot of them are fake, drawings, or shadows of the people in the picture. and how are you absolutely sure that these aren't matrixing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#3  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@Master_Live: I trust you know what to contribute to this thread...

As for the question, I don't believe in it but I won't say with certainty that nothing "supernatural" exists...it would be quite cool =D

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Nope, no proof ghosts are real

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Well as a follower of religion I ought to believe in demons (LOL) I mean I do believe in demons but some people have some really stupid interpretations.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I never did until i actually seen one as a kid, was scary. They do exist.

@The_Last_Ride said:

theres no proof your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother ever existed but you know she did.

Coedgaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coedgaming
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Welp forget sleep tonight..... ARRRGH!!!!!

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Yes, but some of those are fake.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Not in Ghosts. Alien spaceships zipping about the cosmos, yes.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Ghosts are real by definition. It's basically a repeating sequence of something.

I can't deny the experiences I've had that would be considered paranormal. These experiences were also shared among my family, 6 siblings and my parents when I was little. I've had televisions go off and on with no one there, lights turn on and off, the sound of dishes moving at night like someone is stacking them. I've seen objects move, a little child when I was little, and I've also heard someone mimmick a familiar voice and call my name, my niece and brother have also experienced it with me. I try to explain them and be rational about them but it's hard to when you can't.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: that's still not a reason to believe ghosts exist.

Last rides great great great great great great grandmother existed because he exists and we know the human race has been here longer than the amount of generations you went back.

We know humans exist

We don't know ghosts exist, we know it's unlikely.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

@farrell2k said:

Nope. It's all religious nonsense.

No, not really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Gaming-Planet said:

Ghosts are real by definition. It's basically a repeating sequence of something.

I can't deny the experiences I've had that would be considered paranormal. These experiences were also shared among my family, 6 siblings and my parents when I was little. I've had televisions go off and on with no one there, lights turn on and off, the sound of dishes moving at night like someone is stacking them. I've seen objects move, a little child when I was little, and I've also heard someone mimmick a familiar voice and call my name, my niece and brother have also experienced it with me. I try to explain them and be rational about them but it's hard to when you can't.

Not trying to deny your experiences but most of those also happened to me and I didn't see anything paranormal about them. TV's turning on and off is way more common than you'd think...get it fixed, it'll stop doing that, it's a faulty power trigger...mine did it at every single fluctuation in electricity voltage...which, guess what, did the same to the light, they would either flicker or go off...nothing supernatural there...just current spikes and shitty appliances XD

The sound of dishes and other stuff is also not uncommon, sometimes you stack things in your cupboards in a less than optimal way and gravity makes them shift and grind on each other, everybody's been there I think...

Hearing your mother (or someone else close to you) call you when she didn't is something most children go through...as a kid you're almost always expecting to hear one of your parents call on you at any given time so sometimes you think you heard them but you didn't.

Now if you woke up in the middle of the night and you see all your furniture stacked on top of each other, that's another matter entirely =P

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

no I don't, and I think people who do and are swayed by stupid YouTube videos like a bunch of Alex Jones nuts need to be sterilized, but that's just me

and, despite that, I can suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy a good paranormal horror movie,hell I even give the low budget cheesy stuff a shot

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@ps4hasnogames said:

I never did until i actually seen one as a kid, was scary. They do exist.

@The_Last_Ride said:

theres no proof your great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother ever existed but you know she did.

So what has that got to do with anything?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

I'm an atheist, i don't believe he exists because there is no proof of him existing. The question to me should be do you believe god exists.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The potential, yes, but the evidence supporting their existence is specious at best. Most "pictures" and "videos" can easily be edited. I'll wait for harder evidence before accepting their existence as a real possibility.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Alot of silly stuff that happens and scare people are mostly electrical flaws of some kind. I don't freak out if my television suddenly turns off or switches channel. I trust people understand that electrical wiring can sometimes be tricky bastards and some flaws do occur from time to time. I don't want to go into detail, but electricity can behave weirdly some times.

Back to the question at hand: hmm... I do not know, but I do think that some spirits, ghosts or entities inhibit the same plane as us. This does not mean that I immediately believe in ghost, but am...aware of the possibility.

The sapmi people of Norway (where I live) believe that certain events create an echo (if you will) in time, kind of like the event being "recorded". They say that at certain times during certain years you can visit sites and, if you have an open mind (I know, I know) you can see these echoes happening as they did 50-60 years ago. In Norway a lot of fighting with the nazis occured during WW2, and the sapmi people claim they still can see the shadows/echo of those fights happening as they happened 60 years ago.

As for me, allow me to share a story with you :

I was young and listened to rap music with my mates. We considered ourselves pretty hardcore...I guess. We got a hold of this album called "Dark Lotus". It featured some instructions on how to open a gate to the spirit word (I know...I know, bare with me). Many times we planned on following these guidelines, but never had the time. Then one time; we decided to go through with it. One of my friends lived pretty desolate, at a farm, so we set up for the event in his barn. We got a huge mirror and planted it in a small room in the barn. We blocked all light-sources coming into the room and it was ready. I was the first to try. You were suppose to stare at the mirror for about 30 minutes; this would open a gate... I sat for 15 minutes before I freaked out. Next, my friend went in and sat for 6-7 minutes. We didn't see anything. Last was the friend that lived by the farm. He entered the farm and took his position. Me and the other friend kept pacing around outside, waiting and listening to the silence. He sat for 20 minutes, and still sat. We waited, unpatiently, and kept checking our watch. He sat for 30 minutes...still sitting there. We became anxious...worried. Then something weird happened. Me and my friend kept pacing around outside, and suddenly we heard a loud female laughter. Immediately I looked over to my friend to check his reaction. He returned my stare as to say "yes, I heard it too". We bolted for the door with our friend, just as he scrambled out. He fell over and we grabbed him and sat him on a nearby stool. We asked him:

"Hey, what did you see?"

He looked at us and said:

"I saw a devilish figure in the shape of a witch step out of the mirror"

This is when me and my friend just stared at each other...

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

Yep I believe in ghost. I've seen some weird shit in my time.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Generally not. I've always been a skeptic, but I had a recent experience that freaked me out quite a bit. This was about half a year ago.

Around 7am I got up to use the restroom. It was half-lit by a window across the hall but was easily see-able. I enter the bathroom and glance over into the shower about 10 feet away (no bath tub, it's a walk-in) and see my orange cat sitting still, staring into the corner, unmoving. At first I thought he had prey trapped, as my cats love to take their catches there, let it go, then sit there and watch it as it sits there petrified in fear then pounce on it if it moves, so I figured that's what he was doing though I didn't see any bird/rat. While I could easily see him in the light, I turned to put my finger on the light switch because I wanted a better look. I look back at him. Still there, unmoved. Unblinking and looking right at him, I flipped the lights on, and he vanished into thin air.

POOF, gone. Literally vanished into nothing. I remember exclaiming, "Holy shit!" pretty loudly.

I'd like to think of it as a hallucination as I was still a little groggy, thing being my other cat was also in the bathroom at the entrance when I entered. She continued to watch directly in his direction until I hit the lights. When I did and he vanished, she quickly turned and booked it. I couldn't get back to bed after this, it was fairly unsettling. Funny thing is, this "ghost" cat is still alive. I only saw its profile, but it was my cat, I have no doubt.

Other than that I've never really had any explicit supernatural things happen. Violent shaking of the bed for a second or two here and there (which I've attributed to minor quakes or the house settling) but nothing that's given me anything to really consider. I can't discount the possibility of ghosts entirely, but think it's more along the lines of residual energy manifesting itself in odd ways.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

I'm an atheist, i don't believe he exists because there is no proof of him existing. The question to me should be do you believe god exists.

Do you believe god exists?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Last_Ride

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

Do you believe god exists?

No i don't

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Never did. Some things happened that caused a reconsideration. Though the media sensationalizes things so the veracity of their events.....nah.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Nope

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Not sure

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Yes I do

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Nope....

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38675 Posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/health/psychology/13face.html?pagewanted=all

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PS4hasNOgames

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

theres no proof love exists either but you know its there. for there to be ultimate evil there must be ultimate good, which is what god is. it might not be a magical man in the sky but something is out there.

you loser atheists just like saying that your atheists because you think it makes you sound cool LMFAO.

bums

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PS4hasNOgames

@thehig1 said:

Last rides great great great great great great grandmother existed because he exists and we know the human race has been here longer than the amount of generations you went back.

We know humans exist

there is not proof that his great great greatx10 grandmother existed. there is actually more proof that ghosts existed than his great great x10 grandmother existed.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thehig1

:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@thehig1 said:

We know humans exist

there is not proof that his great great greatx10 grandmother existed. there is actually more proof that ghosts existed than his great great x10 grandmother existed.

There is good evidence the human race has existed for over 700 years (roughly ho long you'd have to go back to someones x10 great grandparent)

There is good evidence @The_Last_Ride is a human being who is alive today.

So for @The_Last_Ride to exist as part of the human race today he will have parents and his parents have parents etc. Basically this pattern will go back to the start of our species. Him being alive and part of our species today combined with the knowledge of knowing human have existed for longer than 10 generations ago., is strong enough evidence to suggest his great x10 grandmother/grandmothers existed.

He'd actually have 1024 great grandparents in total.

Evidence for Ghosts, there none as of yet

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I want to believe they exist but I haven't encountered any. Whenever something weird happened I found a logical explanation.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I have had some pretty odd experiences in my time. My belief in ghosts isn't as firm as it was when I was younger, but at the same time to deny their existence is to deny experiences I have had.

I guess I really have to believe in their existence by default.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#38 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I don't believe the stories... but I'm somewhat open to the possibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I have had some pretty odd experiences in my time. My belief in ghosts isn't as firm as it was when I was younger, but at the same time to deny their existence is to deny experiences I have had.

And what are those experiences?

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

Nope, but I believe in Harvey Dent.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

theres no proof love exists either but you know its there. for there to be ultimate evil there must be ultimate good, which is what god is. it might not be a magical man in the sky but something is out there.

you loser atheists just like saying that your atheists because you think it makes you sound cool LMFAO.

bums

your trolling getting boring in system wars you had to come over here? Sweet jesus....

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thehig1

@wis3boi said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PSP107 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is God real?

bums

your trolling getting boring in system wars you had to come over here? Sweet jesus....

and I fell for it too ;(

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

And what are those experiences?

There was a few instances (mainly concentrated in the house I spent most of my childhood in) but the biggest one that I have no explanation for happened when it was mid-day out and I was home alone.

I was standing in the kitchen when I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned and looked to see the ghost of our fairly recently deceased dog running down the hallway. The movement was dreamlike and hazy which is my best way of explaining it. It was very other-worldly.

I watched it go right through the door to our basement. After I saw it phase through the door I turned to my other side to see both our surviving dogs standing there staring at hallway with their ears perked up as if they had just seen something.

All my other experiences had no one else around as a witness so doubt can be casted as maybe I was hallucinating or something. I still cannot however explain that incident where the dogs apparently saw the ghost as well.

In that house I did have one friend who experienced separate things. The activity was mainly concentrated to the bathroom area which also happened to be right there by that hallway. Those occurrences seemed to be perpetrated by the ghost of a male and both my buddy and I actually got a random vision of a man being murdered in the bathroom. Of course we were kids so who knows what the reality was.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#44 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I believe in the existence of ghosts. How they work or why is a mystery to me. The most notable from my own experiences being a ghost that resides in my mother's house. It's an old man, always seen sitting and reading something. A friend of mine saw him in the living room, when I never told him about it prior - describing an old man reading a newspaper.

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

No, I don't have any reason to do so.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

no, but I think it's fun to pretend sometimes; I'm a big fan of horror films.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No.

@BabyPulpFiction said:

Nope, but I believe in Harvey Dent.

My man.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna go and find that thread.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

@signzoe said:

Check out a video i found..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@Master_Live: I knew I could count on you XD I was wondering if you had seen my @...notifications are shot to hell XD