Do women like men to be polite?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chaz1911
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

Please don't think this is some hind of sexist thing or something it's just i'm 18 and allways trie to be polite hold doors open and stuff like that and lately people have been laughing at me for it. They either think i'm trieing to come on to them or say and i quote thats really gay I mean should I just let doors slam in peoples faces or what ladies please help?

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts
Depends if the women is a feminist or not.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5
Member since 2009 • 4084 Posts

They laugh at you? You're not using lame pick up lines as they walk through are you? Cause that just sounds ass backwards.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chaz1911

They laugh at you? You're not using lame pick up lines as they walk through are you? Cause that just sounds ass backwards.

BATTOSAI76

Not at all they are friends of mine and work collegues and i'm not interested in them romanticly.

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

There is nothing wrong with being polite by holding doors and such. It's nice to be nice.

Don't stop just because they laugh at you, remember, it's a dumb reason to laugh at someone. And definitely don't slam the door in people's faces..

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Please don't think this is some hind of sexist thing or something it's just i'm 18 and allways trie to be polite hold doors open and stuff like that and lately people have been laughing at me for it. They either think i'm trieing to come on to them or say and i quote thats really gay I mean should I just let doors slam in peoples faces or what ladies please help?

chaz1911

seems you are overdoing politeness. Be normal.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaz1911
[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

There is nothing wrong with being polite by holding doors and such. It's nice to be nice.

Don't stop just because they laugh at you, remember, it's a dumb reason to laugh at someone. And definitely don't slam the door in people's faces..

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="chaz1911"]

indzman

seems you are overdoing politeness. Be normal.

probably this.

I know the concept sounds a bit silly but it can happen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[QUOTE="BATTOSAI76"]

chaz1911

Not at all they are friends of mine and work collegues and i'm not interested in them romanticly.

I'm sure they're just teasing. Some people think holding doors and the like are old fashioned. 21st century people are sometimes numb to the concept of kindness, don't let it get to you.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.chaz1911

Theres your problem. Do it for your very close lady freinds or g.f. no need to show politeness to every women at work, while its a good gesture many will laugh still.

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chaz1911

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.[QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

PiscesChick93
I hold doors for everyone at work and other day girl from work laughed at me when she saw i held door for her outside of work i don't get it.
chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaz1911

[QUOTE="chaz1911"][QUOTE="PiscesChick93"]

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.indzman

Theres your problem. Do it for your very close lady freinds or g.f. no need to show politeness to every women at work, while its a good gesture many will laugh still.

What really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d1cb98d088e5

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.indzman

I disagree with this statement partially. You should show politeness to everyone, man and women. I hold the door for most everyone, AT CONVENIENCE, I don't run ahead of crowds of women just to hold the door open for them when they're still twenty feet away. Do it as appropriate. If accompanying one person, hold the door for them; if leading a small group, hold the door; if in front of a stranger hold the door, or at least kick it open a little so they have something to gab on to. In short don't go waaaaaay out of your way, if your doing that then you will look a tad silly.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.BATTOSAI76

I disagree with this statement partially. You should show politeness to everyone, man and women. I hold the door for most everyone, AT CONVENIENCE, I don't run ahead of crowds of women just to hold the door open for them when they're still twenty feet away. Do it as appropriate. If accompanying one person, hold the door for them; if leading a small group, hold the door; if in front of a stranger hold the door, or at least kick it open a little so they have something to gab on to. In short don't go waaaaaay out of your way, if your doing that then you will look a tad silly.

Yeah, do it when neccessary or appropiate in situations as you mentioned.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
How far away are they when you're holding the door open? The other side of the room?
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#16 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
Im a woman and i love polite men, it doesn't cost anything to be polite so keep doing what your doing TC.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Depends if the women is a feminist or not.cslayer211
No it doesn't. Most women, whether they're feminist or not, prefer men who are polite over those who are rude.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[/QUOTE See i hold doors for everyone at work and the other day was walking to shop with a girl from work and she laughed when she saw i held doors outside of work too i just don't get it.BATTOSAI76

^this I hold doors for everyone when possible :P But the only person I will ever run ahead of is my girlfriend :lol:
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="cslayer211"]Depends if the women is a feminist or not.PernicioEnigma
No it doesn't. Most women, whether they're feminist or not, prefer men who are polite over those who are rude.

Feminist women don't need no man holding their doors, they be trying to get in their pants :O
cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts
[QUOTE="cslayer211"]Depends if the women is a feminist or not.PernicioEnigma

Feminist find men who are overly polite to be degrading.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts
Theres your problem. Do it for your very close lady freinds or g.f. no need to show politeness to every women at work, while its a good gesture many will laugh still.indzman
I've never seen anyone laugh at that. They generally say thank you.....
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indzman

[QUOTE="indzman"]Theres your problem. Do it for your very close lady freinds or g.f. no need to show politeness to every women at work, while its a good gesture many will laugh still.LJS9502_basic

women from TC's workplace are laughing at TC for opening doors for them.dem silly womenz :P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
In general try and be polite and respectful to anyone. If your going through the door and there is man or woman going to hold it the extra second for them.
chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chaz1911
How far away are they when you're holding the door open? The other side of the room?Overlord93
No walking with me/right next to me.
chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chaz1911
[QUOTE="indzman"]Theres your problem. Do it for your very close lady freinds or g.f. no need to show politeness to every women at work, while its a good gesture many will laugh still.LJS9502_basic

They do thank me just say is silly as well.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="Overlord93"]How far away are they when you're holding the door open? The other side of the room?chaz1911
No walking with me/right next to me.

In this case the girl you were walking with is just a bi*ch There's nothing wrong with that :P maybe she's a feminist
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

This man got it right. It's what I do.

I always let a woman get out of the elevator first, enter a room first, etc., they seem to like it.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Yes
BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
For the most part women like a gentleman.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38674 Posts
generally speaking, yes
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Throw the girls for a loop and start shaking their hands like they are a man.

But really you hold the door open for people for yourself, not for them. If they scoff or laugh at ya it shouldn't matter unless you were doing it based on what you want people to see you as. Which, often then, get what you bargain for.
XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
It's human decency to hold a door or help a person out. I like ALL people of either gender and anywhere between to be polite.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I like both men and women to be polite.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
This reminds of when I drove a friend of my friend, who isn't my friend, to a pizza place to pick it up. This girl is walking out with 2 large pizzas. Short thing. So she stops, and he is outside and he stops. So he opens the door and she starts to walk out. He dives in and lets the door slam the pizza boxes and her back. I started laughing and said jackass out loud followed by her looking at me and saying hes an ass. I don't let him be around me in public anymore suffice to say.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Be polite. Don't let anyone step on you. Know the limits.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Sounds like you need to hang out around new people. In high school I remember coming into to class in a great mode, with a smile on my face and a girl and her friend asked if I was gay just cause i was smiling. Some people are just dumb and miserable.
chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chaz1911
Sounds like you need to hang out around new people. In high school I remember coming into to class in a great mode, with a smile on my face and a girl and her friend asked if I was gay just cause i was smiling. Some people are just dumb and miserable.Diablo-B
You think i need new friends? Just recently i wrote a poem for a girl i was sweet on and everyone said that i was gay because of that.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Yes women do like polite men. The key thing is being polite, but still confident. No woman likes a guy who's unsure of himself all the time. So be a gentlemen, but be a confident gentlemen. If you wanna be a bad boy, then go for girls instead.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
no, we like guys that are brash, rude, and treat every situation that arises with a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Everyone regardless of sex likes nice people?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

no, we like guys that are brash, rude, and treat every situation that arises with a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.Allicrombie

Future husband?

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chaz1911
no, we like guys that are brash, rude, and treat every situation that arises with a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.Allicrombie
I'm detecting a layer of sarcasm in your answer.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]no, we like guys that are brash, rude, and treat every situation that arises with a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.Fightingfan

Future husband?

if that guy isn't careful, he's gonna lose a finger.
chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chaz1911

Ok poetry now i ain't saying i'm a great poet but i realy didn't expect to be called gay for writing a poem for a girl keep in mind i'm 18 do women really not like men to create things for them?

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

long live chivalry

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]Sounds like you need to hang out around new people. In high school I remember coming into to class in a great mode, with a smile on my face and a girl and her friend asked if I was gay just cause i was smiling. Some people are just dumb and miserable.chaz1911
You think i need new friends? Just recently i wrote a poem for a girl i was sweet on and everyone said that i was gay because of that.

Yes, you need new friends :P They obviously have the wrong idea about you, and don't choose to learn about you. What kind of friend is that :lol: I wrote poems for my girlfriend all the time, they are bad but hey I do :lol: Not gay either o3o
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TrainerCeleste
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]no, we like guys that are brash, rude, and treat every situation that arises with a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other.Allicrombie

Future husband?

if that guy isn't careful, he's gonna lose a finger.

Does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :P :lol:
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Umm, do you mean polite or chivalrous?

Anywho, YEEEEES on the polite. Acting like a rude douche is one of the fastest ways to lose [my] interest.