Do u think that weed should be illegal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts
i dont
jobano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jobano
Member since 2003 • 5476 Posts
Hell no. It's just a strain on the legal system to have to process all these ridiculous small posession charges. If it can't be made legal, at least decriminalize.

Although ideally I'd say it should be legalized so the government can regulate it and you know what you're getting. Who knows how many hands that stuff has passed through on it's way to your lungs, and what can be in it.
FuminFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FuminFire
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
Nah it shouldn't. :)
rippanation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 rippanation
Member since 2004 • 918 Posts
its legal in the uk, well certain ammounts of it are. but i think it should be legal worldwide infact it should be compulsory.
Model-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Model-007
Member since 2005 • 2329 Posts
everything consumable should be illegal except carrots :)
billjakybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 billjakybob
Member since 2004 • 14574 Posts
I would say yes and no
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Since I consider weed to be a drug like anyother I dont think it should be legal, but I also understand this isnt cocaine were talking about here. So I just think there are bigger problems out there than weed that should be taken care of. As for me ill stick to my beer and vodka.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

I would say yes and no billjakybob

Why exactly?

rippanation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rippanation

[QUOTE="rippanation"]its legal in the uk, well certain ammounts of it are. but i think it should be legal worldwide infact it should be compulsory.Matthew565

It's not legal in the UK, it's class C.

its legal on my housing estate there have been numerous spot checks by the police and if all you are carrying is weed they just send you off again still with the weed no confiscation at all.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts

Hell no. It's just a strain on the legal system to have to process all these ridiculous small posession charges. If it can't be made legal, at least decriminalize.

Although ideally I'd say it should be legalized so the government can regulate it and you know what you're getting. Who knows how many hands that stuff has passed through on it's way to your lungs, and what can be in it.
jobano

Exactly, I know it sounds silly that they are trying to keep these drugs as safe as possible, but it also prevents people being disadvantaged financially.

Arkmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Arkmon
Member since 2004 • 1199 Posts
I'm not sure about that one, commrade. I do know this, that weed is legal in Amsterdam.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
while I don't care either way I think that people should be given the choice and at least not sent to jail over weed, its not that big of a deal.  Sorry to get into the whole cig's and alcohol are legal so why can't weed be, but it is a good point.  It doesn't make sense
acu02151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 acu02151
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts

I'm all for decrimnalising it but for economic reasons not becasue i worry about the quality. If the government controls the sales thrugh licencing and taxes it's only going to be legitimate businessmen who will be able to profit basicallly making it harder for peple to get thier hands on the drug. That and at the moment most of the profit from weed is going to criminal organizations so stopping that would have to be good.

drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts
I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out. 
rippanation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rippanation
[QUOTE="rippanation"][QUOTE="Matthew565"]

[QUOTE="rippanation"]its legal in the uk, well certain ammounts of it are. but i think it should be legal worldwide infact it should be compulsory.Matthew565

It's not legal in the UK, it's class C.

its legal on my housing estate there have been numerous spot checks by the police and if all you are carrying is weed they just send you off again still with the weed no confiscation at all.

That doesn't mean it's legal, the police there are just turning a blind eye.

probably all the paperwork more than anything else.
acu02151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 acu02151

I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out.  drj077

Damn that would mean no more pesto, mustard, mushrooms, anything barbecued... wait a minute alcohol is carcinogenic you can't be wanting to get rid of that?

inferno-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inferno-gaa
Member since 2005 • 1714 Posts

jobano

Just because its legal doesn't mean the government can regulate it.

SpeedDemon821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 SpeedDemon821
Member since 2002 • 10059 Posts
Yes I do. It's not nearly as dangerous as people make it out to be. I have NEVER heard of a person dying from a Weed overdose. Why? It doesn't happen. They should legalize it, and restrict it's use with laws, just like they do with alcohol and cigarettes. Law inforcement shouldn't have to worry about a drug that isn't going to kill anyone, and focus their time on stopping drugs like Herroin or X. Not to mention if they tax, we would still be getting it cheaper then buying it on the street, and they will make a **** load of revenue off it.
Gielkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gielkl
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

If it is illegal, come to Holland, there is it legal :D

drj077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 drj077
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts

[QUOTE="drj077"]I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out.  acu02151

Damn that would mean no more pesto, mustard, mushrooms, anything barbecued... wait a minute alcohol is carcinogenic you can't be wanting to get rid of that?

Why not?  People are so ignorant nowadays that they have no idea that they kill themselves everyday with every burned piece of meat, burned toast, etc.  It's amazing how little people know about what causes cancer and how to prevent it.  I mean, the little diet changes can have a huge difference on your life.  For instance, I completely cut meat out of my diet, but I kept fish around.  Because of that little manuever, my cholesterol will never be high, I'll never have any form of gastrointestinal cancer, and I no longer have large amounts of fat and sodium in my diet.  Carcinogens need to be removed, so that we don't end up having to pay huge insurance premiums and large pay-ins to medicare and medicaid. 

SpeedDemon821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 SpeedDemon821
Member since 2002 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="acu02151"]

[QUOTE="drj077"]I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world. So, marijuana is definitely out. drj077

Why not? People are so ignorant nowadays that they have no idea that they kill themselves everyday with every burned piece of meat, burned toast, etc. It's amazing how little people know about what causes cancer and how to prevent it. I mean, the little diet changes can have a huge difference on your life. For instance, I completely cut meat out of my diet, but I kept fish around. Because of that little manuever, my cholesterol will never be high, I'll never have any form of gastrointestinal cancer, and I no longer have large amounts of fat and sodium in my diet. Carcinogens need to be removed, so that we don't end up having to pay huge insurance premiums and large pay-ins to medicare and medicaid.

So you think anything that is bad for you, should be illegal.....:|:|
rippanation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rippanation
[QUOTE="acu02151"]

[QUOTE="drj077"]I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out.  drj077

Why not?  People are so ignorant nowadays that they have no idea that they kill themselves everyday with every burned piece of meat, burned toast, etc.  It's amazing how little people know about what causes cancer and how to prevent it.  I mean, the little diet changes can have a huge difference on your life.  For instance, I completely cut meat out of my diet, but I kept fish around.  Because of that little manuever, my cholesterol will never be high, I'll never have any form of gastrointestinal cancer, and I no longer have large amounts of fat and sodium in my diet.  Carcinogens need to be removed, so that we don't end up having to pay huge insurance premiums and large pay-ins to medicare and medicaid. 

nah i like burgers and steak and fast food and snacks too much and i am as healthy as a horse....or should that be corpse.
acu02151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 acu02151
[QUOTE="acu02151"]

[QUOTE="drj077"]I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out.  drj077

I have a lot of repsect for you managing your diet the way you do but i don't think that should be forced on anyone. We could probably do a lot more to eductae kids at school about this but it is impossible to cut out all carcinogens from your diet and as studies have shown that increasing or decreasing theamount of carcinogens consumed dosen't affect the actual risk posed by cancer by a great deal, banning all carcinogenic products would not make that huge a difference on the cost to medicare but the cost to enforce this wide ranging ban would be enormous.

DrDoomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrDoomed
Member since 2003 • 11386 Posts

Since I consider weed to be a drug like anyother I dont think it should be legal, but I also understand this isnt cocaine were talking about here. So I just think there are bigger problems out there than weed that should be taken care of. As for me ill stick to my beer and vodka.
rzepak

a drug like any other ;)

Avatar image for danteswrath2000
danteswrath2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 danteswrath2000
Member since 2005 • 428 Posts
rzepak
alcohol is way worse for you than marijuana, so don't think you're doing yourself any favors.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts

If it is illegal, come to Holland, there is it legal :D

Gielkl

I live there 8) 

Avatar image for danteswrath2000
danteswrath2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 danteswrath2000
Member since 2005 • 428 Posts
I'm more for removing all carcinogenic substances from the world.  So, marijuana is definitely out.  drj077
Actually, this is a terrible argument because THC kills cancerous cells [1, 2]. If it is ingested then there is no threat of lung cancer (the only problem is that you have to eat fattening foods because THC binds to fat). 1. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/10/051019003339.htm 2. http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=50923