Do racial stereotypes get to you at all?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
Depends on how it's done and how serious the person is.
#52 Posted by themajormayor (25952 posts) -
They are funny.DroidPhysX
#53 Posted by themajormayor (25952 posts) -

No.

Necrifer
I don't like your new avy
#54 Posted by General_X (9050 posts) -
Stereotypes used in a joking manner can be quite funny and I enjoy them myself. It's when they're used to denounce everyone in a demographic as a serious statement is when it bothers me.
#55 Posted by Serraph105 (28353 posts) -
In certain contexts, yes.ghoklebutter
pretty much this. Generally not, but if it's being used in a hateful manner than yeah.
#56 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="Necrifer"]

No.

themajormayor

I don't like your new avy

I blame GreySeal.

#57 Posted by sSubZerOo (43422 posts) -
It depends on the stereotype..
#58 Posted by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -
Sometimes....to the point where I wish I was white. I feel ugly being filipino.
#60 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

Why do you talk like a posh villain.

Stevo_the_gamer

Because one of the traits of being a villain is being a total toolbag with a superiority complex.

They get the hot chicks.

I remember the protagonist in a certain spy/espionage film series would always steal the girls from the villain lol

#61 Posted by Sphensen (788 posts) -

no way, I think they're hilairious

#62 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43169 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

Because one of the traits of being a villain is being a total toolbag with a superiority complex.

OB-47

They get the hot chicks.

I remember the protagonist in a certain spy/espionage film series would always steal the girls from the villain lol

Well, Austin Powers is quite groovy.
#63 Posted by ChampionoChumps (2380 posts) -
depends on the seriousness of the allegation.
#64 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -
Depends on context they are used in. Most just annoy me, as it's mostly just poor humor that i'd expect from 12 year olds.
#65 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

Sometimes....to the point where I wish I was white. I feel ugly being filipino. lonewolf604

well filipinos along with eskimos are some of the ugliest people on earth so it makes sense

#66 Posted by hiphops_savior (7994 posts) -
Wear it like armour, that way, it cannot ever be used to hurt you.
#67 Posted by Sphensen (788 posts) -

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Sometimes....to the point where I wish I was white. I feel ugly being filipino. Hate_Squad

well filipinos along with eskimos are some of the ugliest people on earth so it makes sense

:D but white people smell like bologna

#68 Posted by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

Only simple-minded people think it terms of racial stereotypes IMO, so usually I just chalk it up to simple-minded people being simple-minded.

#69 Posted by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]They do not offend me. They merely amuse me especially when some are played out in perfection in front of my eyes.Pffrbt

Why do you talk like a posh villain.

lol

#70 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hate_Squad"]

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]Sometimes....to the point where I wish I was white. I feel ugly being filipino. Sphensen

:D but white people smell like bologna

Not right now I don't.

#71 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

They can be funny.

#72 Posted by themajormayor (25952 posts) -

They can be funny.

Michael0134567
Did you change teams? What I'm saying is I like the bottom half of your sig. The top is ok too I guess.
#73 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

They can be funny.

themajormayor
Did you change teams? What I'm saying is I like the bottom half of your sig. The top is ok too I guess.

Cool.
#74 Posted by DrPickle (331 posts) -

Though a white American I grew up as a minority in my local community. However, the white stereotypes that were given to me were all positive. For instance, I remember one occasion a girl gave a long list of reasons why she wanted to marry me. The list included such things as having good credit, being educated, not being on welfare, and having the ability to make pretty babies. I loled.mindstorm

Damnnn

Can we like, become friends?

I'll totally do your laundry.

#75 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

i'm asian and i generally hate chilli sauce but these fast-food cashier keeps bugging me about "do you want chilli sauce". this cultural/racial stereotyping makes me mad:evil:

#76 Posted by SPBoss (3632 posts) -

Weather it's about hispanics, asians, blacks, whites, do racial stereotypes offend you?

LegitGamer3212
Whether*
#77 Posted by PonchoTaco (2317 posts) -

i'm asian and i generally hate chilli sauce but these fast-food cashier keeps bugging me about "do you want chilli sauce". this cultural/racial stereotyping makes me mad:evil:

punkpunker

:lol:

#78 Posted by NarcissistLoser (46 posts) -
Yes, they all offend me.
#79 Posted by megagene (23027 posts) -
Nah, but it's all about timing.
#80 Posted by comp_atkins (31729 posts) -
being white.. i hate it when people assume i'm a successful, self-sufficient, taxpaying, productive member of society. it boils my blood!
#81 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14081 posts) -

I'm a mut.

Invalid.

#82 Posted by TehFuneral (8059 posts) -

Don't know if it "get"s to me, but I've been called a sand -the N word- before.