Do oysters/clams poop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chocobo7000 (737 posts) -

where does their poop go? because people eat them right out of the shells, are they eating their waste with them?

#2 Posted by Snipes_2 (17126 posts) -

where does their poop go? because people eat them right out of the shells, are they eating their waste with them?

chocobo7000

I think they are, unless they remove that brown part all the way at the bottom of the clam. I'm not positive though.

#3 Posted by my_mortal_coil (2839 posts) -

Of course they poop. Yes, we eat it. We also eat shrimp poop (that vein on the back is poop, I think) and fish poop and crab and lobster poop.

If something lives in the sea, the poop is, well, more edible than a mammal or bird.

#4 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

Of course they poop. Yes, we eat it. We also eat shrimp poop (that vein on the back is poop, I think) and fish poop and crab and lobster poop.

If something lives in the sea, the poop is, well, more edible than a mammal or bird.

my_mortal_coil

You know that's supposed to be removed before cooking right?

#5 Posted by KSU-Wildcat (859 posts) -

EVERYONE POOPS!

#6 Posted by unholymight (3378 posts) -

[QUOTE="my_mortal_coil"]

Pirate700

But it adds to the flavour.
#7 Posted by Neon-Tiger (7679 posts) -

[QUOTE="my_mortal_coil"]

Pirate700

Not really, lobster poop only adds to the experience. And I'm not trying to be funny/sarcastic/whatever, I'm dead serious.
#8 Posted by savetehhaloz (2375 posts) -
Everything poops. I poop. You poop. He poops. She poops. It poops.
#9 Posted by htekemerald (7325 posts) -

They excrete wastes.

#10 Posted by Vic-Ferrari (1637 posts) -
Haven't you ever heard of the book "Everybody Poops"?
#11 Posted by savetehhaloz (2375 posts) -
Haven't you ever heard of the book "Everybody Poops"?Vic-Ferrari
my favorite childhood book actually.