Do I have right to ask some authority to stop neighbor kids from playing in Amer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JapaneseLeader
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Do I have right to ask some authority to stop neighbor kids from playing in America?

It seems that a neighbor who live across from my house is very distracting.

He lets his sons to play on the court in front of my house everyday, and this really gets me irritated. I cannot concentrate on my work when his kids play on the court.

I talked to him about requesting it, he denied my request. So is there some websites that I can contact to stop this from happening, and possibly fine that neighbor if possible?

Scn64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scn64
Member since 2003 • 2039 Posts
Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
If they are being too loud you could call the police.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JapaneseLeader
Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.Scn64
It belongs to everyone living there it is like many houses surround that court though so how can I do? can I have someone put a huge mark saying: no playing?
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
you absolutely have the right to ask.  it gets deeper after that.:wink:
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 disc0very
Member since 2006 • 3636 Posts
[QUOTE="Scn64"]Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.JapaneseLeader
It belongs to everyone living there it is like many houses surround that court though so how can I do? can I have someone put a huge mark saying: no playing?

If it's not yours, you can't stop them from playing.
Rabid_Moogle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rabid_Moogle
Member since 2006 • 285 Posts
[QUOTE="Scn64"]Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.JapaneseLeader

XD
Its hard to believe you have work to do lawls.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NathanHawkins
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="Scn64"]Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.disc0very

that depends on whether it's deemed a disturbance of the peace.  if it's excessively annoying to enough people, then you could pursue the matter effectively.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JapaneseLeader
Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 disc0very
[QUOTE="disc0very"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="Scn64"]Is the court part of your property? If not, I don't think there is much you can do.NathanHawkins

that depends on whether it's deemed a disturbance of the peace. if it's excessively annoying to enough people, then you could pursue the matter effectively.

If they're just playing basketball, and not constantly screaming, there isn't much he can do.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Luncbox1
Member since 2006 • 4543 Posts
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?

That would be like putting a sign on a sidewalk saying "no walking". That wouldn't work at all.
Franken_Berry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Franken_Berry
Member since 2004 • 5968 Posts
Go out and scare them away without using violence or vulgarity.
g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
you cant do anything if its not your property
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?

That would be like putting a sign on a sidewalk saying "no walking". That wouldn't work at all.

Well, the court used to be a quiet place but recently some families with kids move in and this court is no longer peaceful I need peace and I need my privacy how can I do? Why setting a sign for prohibiting kids from playing is no use?
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 disc0very
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?

Well, the court used to be a quiet place but recently some families with kids move in and this court is no longer peaceful I need peace and I need my privacy how can I do? Why setting a sign for prohibiting kids from playing is no use?

Listen, unless they're being really loud, and disrupting multiple people. Nothing will happen.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?

They have the right to play on public property. At night there are noise laws, I understand, but these kids are playing during the day, right? If so then you're out of luck. Kids will be kids, and they should have the right to be kids and to play.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JapaneseLeader
Well there are some modest people living there they probably don't like it they and me is just too shy to aggregate that neighbor..... Speaking of the court, it belongs to me, and it belongs to everyone living there but mustn't we need a common promise to stop annoyance?
RmanForLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 RmanForLife
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
Boo hooh. Too bad. Are the kids running on your lawn and tearing your place up? If not then come on, kids NEED to play, too many arent doing enough of it these days anyway.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you think I can get some authoritive to staple a huge mark on that court saying: no playing? and if so, do I have to pay for someone putting a sign there?

They have the right to play on public property. At night there are noise laws, I understand, but these kids are playing during the day, right? If so then you're out of luck. Kids will be kids, and they should have the right to be kids and to play.

If what you said is true, may I bounce my basketball and toss theball to my house roof despite making bouncing noize?
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 disc0very
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Well there are some modest people living there they probably don't like it they and me is just too shy to aggregate that neighbor..... Speaking of the court, it belongs to me, and it belongs to everyone living there but mustn't we need a common promise to stop annoyance?

Get over it, they're kids. Go to a different room in your house if it's that bad.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Well there are some modest people living there they probably don't like it they and me is just too shy to aggregate that neighbor..... Speaking of the court, it belongs to me, and it belongs to everyone living there but mustn't we need a common promise to stop annoyance?

I still don't fully understand your situation, these kids are screaming so loud that they annoy you when you're in your house? They must be really hollering.
jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
I doubt anybody else finds the noise loud, and even if they do most authoritarian bodies won't do anything about it unless it's dark outside.  I'm not sure if the "court" is property of the city if you live in one of those private neighborhoods where you can have a private council decide on rules for the court.  You'd have better luck with a council, but not much. 

I'd suggest getting a pair of noise canceling headphones or moving.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JapaneseLeader
They scream, but sometimes I mean why do I need to be patient with them due to they r kids? Therei s a cultural shock... most Chinese parents don't let their kids playong on court to make noise. so why do we need to be patient with that since we know how to respect people??
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts

if it belongs to everyone, they have as much right there as you do. you can't do anything.
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 disc0very
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]They scream, but sometimes I mean why do I need to be patient with them due to they r kids? Therei s a cultural shock... most Chinese parents don't let their kids playong on court to make noise. so why do we need to be patient with that since we know how to respect people??

Are they screaming the whole time? Are they really loud enough to annoy you when you're inside of a house? If so, you can go tell them to be quite, but if not, tough luck. And we don't live in China, things work differently here I guess.
Luncbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Luncbox1
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]They scream, but sometimes I mean why do I need to be patient with them due to they r kids? Therei s a cultural shock... most Chinese parents don't let their kids playong on court to make noise. so why do we need to be patient with that since we know how to respect people??

I don't know. I would be pretty angry if I liked to play basketball all day, it was my favorite hobby, then one day I'm not allowed to play on the closest court to home, I now have to walk for an hour to get to the next one. I'd be really ticked.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
There are ways around it though, earplugs, headphones, soundproofing, etc. You'll be fine.
disc0very

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 disc0very
There are ways around it though, earplugs, headphones, soundproofing, etc. You'll be fine.SimpJee
Or even something as simple as moving into a different part of the house. Even just playing some ambient music.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="disc0very"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]They scream, but sometimes I mean why do I need to be patient with them due to they r kids? Therei s a cultural shock... most Chinese parents don't let their kids playong on court to make noise. so why do we need to be patient with that since we know how to respect people??

Are they screaming the whole time? Are they really loud enough to annoy you when you're inside of a house? If so, you can go tell them to be quite, but if not, tough luck. And we don't live in China, things work differently here I guess.

They sometimes scream and they are really loud enough to distract my working in home.... See, most Chinese know how to respect you, but you never give us own privacy we need peace and it must be sux to live in a palce where many houses surround a court.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="Luncbox1"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]They scream, but sometimes I mean why do I need to be patient with them due to they r kids? Therei s a cultural shock... most Chinese parents don't let their kids playong on court to make noise. so why do we need to be patient with that since we know how to respect people??

I don't know. I would be pretty angry if I liked to play basketball all day, it was my favorite hobby, then one day I'm not allowed to play on the closest court to home, I now have to walk for an hour to get to the next one. I'd be really ticked.

you were banned from playing basketball around your house?
eo12601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 eo12601
Member since 2003 • 4814 Posts
I don't get it. It is a public court, which is meant for playing, and you want to prevent them from doing so? It doesn't make sense. If they are yelling or screaming, then try going outside and talking to them and asking them nicely not to make so much noise because you are trying to work. There is nothing wrong with kids playing... Especially if they are outside and you aren't Unless you have your door or windows wide open, I don't even understand how you would hear them.... Like someone suggested, if it really bothers you, just buy some noise cancelling headphones. Public property belongs to everyone. Kids have as much right to it as you do, as long as they aren't being excessively loud. To be honest, if you call the police over something like this they will probably laugh right in your face. The police have better things to do than stopping kids from playing on public courts. Besides, what use is having a court if people aren't allowed to play on it?
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="eo12601"]I don't get it. It is a public court, which is meant for playing, and you want to prevent them from doing so? It doesn't make sense. If they are yelling or screaming, then try going outside and talking to them and asking them nicely not to make so much noise because you are trying to work. There is nothing wrong with kids playing... Especially if they are outside and you aren't Unless you have your door or windows wide open, I don't even understand how you would hear them.... Like someone suggested, if it really bothers you, just buy some noise cancelling headphones. Public property belongs to everyone. Kids have as much right to it as you do, as long as they aren't being excessively loud. To be honest, if you call the police over something like this they will probably laugh right in your face. The police have better things to do than stopping kids from playing on public courts. Besides, what use is having a court if people aren't allowed to play on it?

so if I play basketball on the court, I am also right too??? but I mean the court was a very quiet place, I am so used to that why must I change my life style because of kds? Kids are the bosses in America, but not in Chinese conception.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SimpJee
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="eo12601"]I don't get it. It is a public court, which is meant for playing, and you want to prevent them from doing so? It doesn't make sense. If they are yelling or screaming, then try going outside and talking to them and asking them nicely not to make so much noise because you are trying to work. There is nothing wrong with kids playing... Especially if they are outside and you aren't Unless you have your door or windows wide open, I don't even understand how you would hear them.... Like someone suggested, if it really bothers you, just buy some noise cancelling headphones. Public property belongs to everyone. Kids have as much right to it as you do, as long as they aren't being excessively loud. To be honest, if you call the police over something like this they will probably laugh right in your face. The police have better things to do than stopping kids from playing on public courts. Besides, what use is having a court if people aren't allowed to play on it?

so if I play basketball on the court, I am also right too??? but I mean the court was a very quiet place, I am so used to that why must I change my life style because of kds? Kids are the bosses in America, but not in Chinese conception.

Wish it was that way here, but no, kids are allowed to be kids, which has its benefit I suppose. Try talking to the kids parents if they really are being obnoxiously loud though. Otherwise there really isn't anything you can do, other than asking them politely to keep the noise down.
eo12601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 eo12601

so if I play basketball on the court, I am also right too???

Well yea.. That is why courts exist. That is why they are built. So people like you, and the kids of people like you can enjoy them. If they aren't used, money is wasted...

but I mean the court was a very quiet place, I am so used to that why must I change my life style because of kds? Kids are the bosses in America, but not in Chinese conception.

I understand that the court might have been a quiet place. And I realize you were used to that. But, I was used to having my best friend live next to me for 10 years. Until I had to move... The point is, that's life for you. Things don't stay the same forever. We have to adapt. You seem like a reasonable person. Surely you are capable of adapting to a few kids playing on a basketball court once in a while? As for kids being bosses...I won't go that far. But certainly, if I had a son who wanted to play on a public basketball court with a friend, I would stand up for his right to do so. I would ask him to be as quiet as possible, but I wouldn't refuse him... Kids are human beings just like the rest of us. There are some kids I've met that I'd rather spend my time with than some fully grown adults. The point is, we're all humans. It's not about how old you are, that is irrelevant. Treat them as equals... And realize that as residents in that area, they have as much right to the courts as you do.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JapaneseLeader

so if I play basketball on the court, I am also right too???eo12601

Well yea.. That is why courts exist. That is why they are built. So people like you, and the kids of people like you can enjoy them. If they aren't used, money is wasted...

but I mean the court was a very quiet place, I am so used to that why must I change my life style because of kds? Kids are the bosses in America, but not in Chinese conception.

I understand that the court might have been a quiet place. And I realize you were used to that. But, I was used to having my best friend live next to me for 10 years. Until I had to move... The point is, that's life for you. Things don't stay the same forever. We have to adapt. You seem like a reasonable person. Surely you are capable of adapting to a few kids playing on a basketball court once in a while? As for kids being bosses...I won't go that far. But certainly, if I had a son who wanted to play on a public basketball court with a friend, I would stand up for his right to do so. I would ask him to be as quiet as possible, but I wouldn't refuse him... Kids are human beings just like the rest of us. There are some kids I've met that I'd rather spend my time with than some fully grown adults. The point is, we're all humans. It's not about how old you are, that is irrelevant. Treat them as equals... And realize that as residents in that area, they have as much right to the courts as you do.

you have good point I see culture contradict plays a big role... but his sons play everyday, not just onece in a while if his sons play on the court 3 weeks a time, then I have no words to that
Scn64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Scn64
Member since 2003 • 2039 Posts
Is this court an actual basketball court or is it just an open area in the center of the houses?
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SimpJee
Treat them as equals... And realize that as residents in that area, they have as much right to the courts as you do. eo12601
I don't know if you have to treat them as equals per se, because they ARE kids, just understand that they're not out there to make you miserable, and like eo126 said, they have a right to use the court. Try talking to them though, they might do it if you ask them politely.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JapaneseLeader
Is this court an actual basketball court or is it just an open area in the center of the houses?Scn64
the latter one
Ravirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 Ravirr
Member since 2004 • 7931 Posts
Get really good at basket ball, and challenge his son to a game for the court. Once you win and claim the court you can banish him from it. Therefore making it quiet again.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JapaneseLeader
Do you guys think it has to do with race? I remember when I was a student in a school, I took horse riding course and I was just running in the field, a white lady shouted at me with abuse saying STOP I was feeling rediculous at the time, and she kept shouting at me so Chinese should be blamed for little matters and Americans do whatever they like to?
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SimpJee
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you guys think it has to do with race? I remember when I was a student in a school, I took horse riding course and I was just running in the field, a white lady shouted at me with abuse saying STOP I was feeling rediculous at the time, and she kept shouting at me so Chinese should be blamed for little matters and Americans do whatever they like to?

It's just how you were raised, doesn't have to do much with race.
eo12601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 eo12601
I doubt it has anything to do with race... If the field didn't belong to anyone, you should've told the lady to go to hell. In america, ideally, everyone is held accountable for their actions, and is treating the same way. Ideally. Meaning it doesn't happen, but most people try to be unbiased in terms of that kind of thing.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JapaneseLeader
[QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you guys think it has to do with race? I remember when I was a student in a school, I took horse riding course and I was just running in the field, a white lady shouted at me with abuse saying STOP I was feeling rediculous at the time, and she kept shouting at me so Chinese should be blamed for little matters and Americans do whatever they like to?

so why can't Chinese run in a field located near horse riding?
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SimpJee
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"][QUOTE="SimpJee"][QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]Do you guys think it has to do with race? I remember when I was a student in a school, I took horse riding course and I was just running in the field, a white lady shouted at me with abuse saying STOP I was feeling rediculous at the time, and she kept shouting at me so Chinese should be blamed for little matters and Americans do whatever they like to?

so why can't Chinese run in a field located near horse riding?

What do you mean Chinese can't run in a field? Were only the Chinese kids singled out? Were there others in the area of different origins that were allowed to stay? I need more info lol.
JapaneseLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JapaneseLeader
here is a brief question are people not allowed to run in horse field?
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NathanHawkins
What do you mean Chinese can't run in a field? Were only the Chinese kids singled out? Were there others in the area of different origins that were allowed to stay? I need more info lol.SimpJee

i'd take a look at the other comments left by the TO.   the comments seem like racial trolling.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SimpJee
[QUOTE="JapaneseLeader"]here is a brief question are people not allowed to run in horse field?

It depends really. If it was private property and people were in the field without permission, no, people are not allowed. If it was public property then it'd be ok. If it was a field in which there were lots of horses going around where a person on foot would be in danger of getting hurt, then I don't think it'd be a good idea to go into the field. Those are just a few scenarios.