uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

DNA evidence has uncovered the identity of Jack The Ripper, and it’s none of the romantic suspects – such as the Queen’s surgeon Sir William Gull, or artist Walter Sickert.

The most infamous serial killer in history has been identified as a relatively underwhelming Polish madman called Aaron Kosminski, who was committed to a mental asylum at the height of the Ripper hysteria.

Kosminski was actually a suspect at the time of the murders, even named by Chief Inspector Donald Swanson in notes the policemen made, but as the myth and legend of the murders grew over more than 125 years, so too did the list of more fanciful suspects.

The breakthrough came when a scientist, using cutting-edge technology, matched DNA evidence on a shawl found at one of the crime scenes with descendants of Kosminski.

Dr Jari Louhelainen, a Finnish expert in historic DNA, was brought in to study a shawl found with Catherine Eddowes, the second-last ‘confirmed’ victim of the Ripper, whose body was discovered in Mitre Square on September 30.

The shawl – still retaining stains and genetic material from the fateful night almost 126 years ago – had been bought by businessman Russell Edwards, 48, at an auction in Bury St Edmunds in 2007.

In the Mail On Sunday, Dr Louhelainen is quoted as saying: ‘It has taken a great deal of hard work, using cutting-edge scientific techniques which would not have been possible five years ago.

‘Once I had the profile, I could compare it to that of the female descendant of Kosminski’s sister, who had given us a sample of her DNA swabbed from inside her mouth.

‘The first strand of DNA showed a 99.2 per cent match, as the analysis instrument could not determine the sequence of the missing 0.8 per cent fragment of DNA. On testing the second strand, we achieved a perfect 100 per cent match.’

More In Link

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

OK... But who killed Tupac?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

Biggy P Puff or something.

It's to do with East and West.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

@DaJuicyMan said:

he never existed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Well, that's one less concern in my mind...I'm going to sleep well tonight!

But all joking aside, it's cool that they finally found out =)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup

I think these cold cases and the legends behind them are interesting. Jack The Ripper was primarily exaggerated (they coined his name through false letters) and inflated by an overzealous British media. It is debated they may have in fact encouraged the murders. The media are basically the reason this character became ingrained in culture.

Zodiac was far more interesting imo. This fellow was quite obliviously brazen and theatrical but also intelligent. The documentary that came with the movie is better than the movie itself.

Some of the shit he done reminds me of the Dark Knight. Like the bit when the Joker says he will blow up a hospital unless Batman reveals himself. The Zodiac wanted people to go round wearing a badge with his logo or he would randomly shoot up a school bus. With the riddles he sent it was very much like a over the top Batman villain. Even wore a stupid custom when he attacked to lovers at a lake.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i hope they give him the death penalty.

that oughtta learn him!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And now hundreds, if not thousands, of people are out of a professional career (speaking of the professional "Ripper Investigators").

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Nope.

From left to right you have Prince Albert, Walter Sickert, Lewis Carroll, William Gull and Mary Pearcey.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@uninspiredcup: It makes sense that a crazy person did this. It does seem that Eastern Europeans tend to have a stereotype of being crazy.

@VaguelyTagged said:

@DaJuicyMan said:

he never existed.

Some people think Tupac's still alive.

"there are places in the world where death is an illusion..."

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@DaJuicyMan said:

Killed who?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PSP107

@Jacanuk said:

@DaJuicyMan said:

Killed who?

Kurt Cobain

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Very cool! Also, marked that Zodiac Killer doc to watch later:P

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I think these cold cases and the legends behind them are interesting. Jack The Ripper was primarily exaggerated (they coined his name through false letters) and inflated by an overzealous British media. It is debated they may have in fact encouraged the murders. The media are basically the reason this character became ingrained in culture.

Zodiac was far more interesting imo. This fellow was quite obliviously brazen and theatrical but also intelligent. The documentary that came with the movie is better than the movie itself.

Some of the shit he done reminds me of the Dark Knight. Like the bit when the Joker says he will blow up a hospital unless Batman reveals himself. The Zodiac wanted people to go round wearing a badge with his logo or he would randomly shoot up a school bus. With the riddles he sent it was very much like a over the top Batman villain. Even wore a stupid custom when he attacked to lovers at a lake.

I find the zodiac interesting also, but then again, all of these guys are just crazed lunatics who don't deserve anyones attention other than to find and punish them.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@uninspiredcup: thanks for the link on the Zodiac documentary, I'm going to watch that now

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107

@ps4hasnogames:

I just did a google search on this Zodiac and find some of his letters he wrote quite odd. He wrote a letter saying that his victims will be his slaves in the afterlife.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Couldn't do the doc. Just so boring in its presentation

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

On the topic of Jack the Ripper, I still need to read From Hell.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Bardock47 said:

Couldn't do the doc. Just so boring in its presentation

My friend, through personal incompetence it was actually the wrong documentary I posted. "His Name Was Arthur Leigh Allen" points to (what is) the prime suspect. Which the movie kinda cheats for a conclusion and practically says "this is the Zodiac kiler" at the end, very lame imo. But, in order to appeal to the mainstream audience, understandable. They need to at least give a hint of some form of conclusion.

This was actually the documentary I was talking about. Which is 1 million times better. And far superior to the movie (imo). Aside from practically everyone involved, it also has an interview with the fellow who survived the attack, spoke to him when he was dressed up and custom with the executioner mask as well as fairly heartbreaking description of how his girlfriend died right next to him.

I watched half of it this morning again as a refresher and the other thing they brought up that reminded me of the Joker character was the lack of motive. Even when you look at Jack The Ripper he took body parts as a trophy and it was suggested as sexually motivated. Which the Zodiac, the original murder suggested he may have attempted to rob. Beyond that, he seemed to be doing it for little else other than "because just".