Did you wish McDonald's went out of business?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lucianocasanova
lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Did you wish McDonald's went out of business? (72 votes)

Yes 17%
7%
No 76%

I say yes. Their food is horrible, pretty expensive and is fake

• 
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@horgen said:

I agree(although I want to use the word "easier"), but my choice of fast food wouldn't be a burger from a fast food joint if I am already home. That would be a pizza.

Personally, I prefer buying a rotisserie chicken meal (includes mash potatoes, corn, or chili) on the way home. But, the wife n kids like burgers. Unlike me, the wife never ate burgers when she was a kid.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#52 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: totally

you've 100% figured out both how the McD franchise operates and the human psyche

congratulations

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

No.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@Toph_Girl250: "But I think there's a good number of companies far higher than McDonald's on my list of companies that completely deserve to go bankrupt, and burn in hell. (And also that they should have went bankrupt a long time ago.)"

Please share.

Well for starters I know Zynga is one of them. Unlike fast food, I think plenty of people can survive and not care if Zynga's bugged to hell and back games, that all have just become shells of what they were and complete time wasters that aren't any fun, were to disappear one day.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I would miss it if it's gone tbh.

And I only go there maybe once in 3 months to get one burger.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18792 Posts

@Toph_Girl250: "Well for starters I know Zynga is one of them. Unlike fast food, I think plenty of people can survive and not care if Zynga's bugged to hell and back games, that all have just become shells of what they were and complete time wasters that aren't any fun, were to disappear one day."

Please continue.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

not really... but I do wish any business that's soul goal is to squeeze as much profit as humanly possible out of their business would fail. Why can't people do something, do it well and make a decent living doing it? I don't understand why it's all got to be about making more money than you could possible spend in your lifetime no matter the cost.

so I guess kind of, but not directed at McDonald's.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lucianocasanova
Member since 2014 • 813 Posts

@magicalclick: I guess destroying the worlds forests and enforcing your kids to get fat from there is OK

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1041 Posts

Saying McDonalds is expensive is like saying Ramen is expensive at 20cents just because you can buy rice for less.

McDonalds has a dollar menu right? I could walk around collecting change and buy a meal. When you add in coupons they are not that expensive...

What is funny is that one of the more overpriced items on the menu is actually probably the healthiest (grain of salt because you would have to take just the egg off) if they really do crack their own eggs. Eggs are cheap so a dollar for 1 egg is a bad deal. (IE: Egg McMuffin)

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@dylandr said:

@raugutcon: Atleast they aren't full of the chemicall sh*t Mcdonalds "food" is full of

Can I get some actual proof on this? People say all sorts of shit about McDonalds, or Taco Bell or KFC, and that's precisely why I am really skeptical any time someone throws out these kinds of accusations.

That McDonalds pumps their food "full of chemical shit" is probably true. But these days, NEARLY EVERYTHING has "chemical shit" in it. If this is a reason why McDonalds is so bad, then can we first state WHAT chemicals are in it?

And then secondly, can we establish that similar fast food restaurants DON'T also use the same chemicals?

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lucianocasanova

@MrGeezer: they pretty much don't

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I do appreciate how capitalism decided we need McDonald's but goodness what a trickery

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why?

They create jobs for producing a product people want.

They also have some fairly solid advancement programs that oddly people don't take advantage of and then complain they aren't making $20/hour for flipping burgers.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

Like the previous poster inquired, do you have any proof that other fast food restaurants do not add "chemical shit" to their food ? nowadays, in practical terms, almost everything you eat has some sort of chemical shit in it.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

What moron would wish something that hurts the economy? If you don't like the food then don't eat there but to wish for any business to bankrupt is pretty ***ed up and a psychologist is needed.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lucianocasanova

@foxhound_fox: Did you even know the problems McDonald's has made?

Kill rain forests, brainwash kids to like their brand, treat animals like dirt, always promote freaking ads of them everywhere and much much more

Need I say more?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I occasionally buy two tiny hamburgers along with two bags of tasty white stuff (pommes frites "sauce") and mix them up while ditching the pickles. It's pretty cheap, tastes good in a dirty way and fills me up till I can find something better. If it's been a tough day and you have to go work out, it's almost like magical drugs.

Don't take away my guilty pleasures.

Edit: Paying for dippings is offensively expensive though. I do understand that allowing people to freely soak their food in ketchup, back in the day, way a huge moneysink of course.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

@fenriz275 said:

All fast food is generally disappointing. Every time I get some I end regretting it. You can almost always make something better at home in less time and for less money.

Yes, I agree.. cheaper and faster homemade. taste better, healthier.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

@ps3hdalltime said:

I love their filet o fish burger more than anything else, hence i dont want it to get closed.

Agreed. It's so tasty.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lucianocasanova

@silkylove: you can also get recipes

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

I use to hate McDonald's, but in recent years have grown to accept them. I was a Burger King kid growing up and their burgers and everything were just better than McDonald's, unfortunately, they've become absolute garbage in both food and service quality. I'd rather see BK go away than MD's.

MD's can make a great shake and snack wrap, their burgers can be hit or miss. A few years ago their higher priced sandwiches were pretty good, but lately I've been finding their cheaper burgers to be more worth the money and better tasting. Jalapeno Double for $2? Yup, that's a deal.

Out of the many fast food places widespread in the US, McDonald's is one of the few that's gotten better over the last 10-15 years. Taco Bell and BK have become nigh dumpsters whose only purpose today is to serve the young kids who don't know what a good Chalupa or burger once meant.

Of course, places like Hardee's, Arby's, Wendy's, and Subway put MD's in its place though.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Toph_Girl250

@raugutcon said:

@lucianocasanova said:

Like the previous poster inquired, do you have any proof that other fast food restaurants do not add "chemical shit" to their food ? nowadays, in practical terms, almost everything you eat has some sort of chemical shit in it.

Which is something I don't understand, don't see why all this food needs to have all these chemicals in them, all these chemicals from food adding up in your body can't be good for you. Sounds like its one of the main culprits of causing cancer.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Toph_Girl250

@pimphand_gamer said:

What moron would wish something that hurts the economy? If you don't like the food then don't eat there but to wish for any business to bankrupt is pretty ***ed up and a psychologist is needed.

I wouldn't say any business. I'd say most businesses don't deserve to go bankrupt, but there should be a few exceptions. I definitely think there are a few companies here and there, the way they do things/run things, they completely deserve to go bankrupt, and be prevented from crapping on America (or possibly the world) any longer.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

I wouldn't say any business. I'd say most businesses don't deserve to go bankrupt, but there should be a few exceptions. I definitely think there are a few companies here and there, the way they do things/run things, they completely deserve to go bankrupt, and be prevented from crapping on America (or possibly the world) any longer.

Like for example?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

**** no

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@raugutcon said:

@lucianocasanova said:

Which is something I don't understand, don't see why all this food needs to have all these chemicals in them, all these chemicals from food adding up in your body can't be good for you. Sounds like its one of the main culprits of causing cancer.

Probably partly for taste reasons. Probably also for preservation reasons, to increase the food's shelf life and to reduce the amount of waste that's generated. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of that "chemical shit" is designed to be flat-out addictive.

But regardless of the reasons, my point still stands. It was insinuated that McDonalds is worse than other fast food restaurants when it comes to putting "chemical shit" in their food. And that needs to be verified. First it needs to be established WHICH chemicals they put in their food. Secondly, it needs to be determined that those SPECIFIC chemicals are indeed proven to be harmful. Thirdly, it needs to be established that other fast food restaurants don't use those SPECIFIC chemicals.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#79 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@lucianocasanova said:

@foxhound_fox: Did you even know the problems McDonald's has made?

Kill rain forests, brainwash kids to like their brand, treat animals like dirt, always promote freaking ads of them everywhere and much much more

Need I say more?

So... they are exactly like every other corporate entity out there?

Big whoop.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:

@raugutcon said:

@lucianocasanova said:

WHICH CHEMICALS ? you just keep saying "all these chemicals", so which chemicals are you talking about and from where you get this information that they are the main culprits of causing cancer ? FACTS, SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN FACTS not opinions.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

No, I eat there several times a month, Their food isn't the worst out there. It's certainly edible. A little expensive, but what fast food isn't.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lucianocasanova

Don't worry guys my wish could actually come true

Here is why The struggling fast food giant recently announced it was closing 350 poorly performing stores this year, but on Wednesday McDonald’s admitted it had closed a previously unannounced 350 stores in the U.S., Japan and China.

“Earlier on Wednesday, McDonald’s reported an 11% decrease in revenue and a 30% drop in profit for the first three months of year, a continuation of its troubles in the last two years as it has struggled to compete with new U.S. competitors, a tough economy in Europe and a food safety scare in Asia,” Fortune reported.

McDonald’s started falling into a steep decline after customers began seeking healthier alternatives, a decline which may prove terminal for the world’s largest fast food chain.

It was definitely a sign of the times when Hillary Clinton stopped to eat at Chipotle while campaigning in Iowa earlier this month, two decades after her husband famously stopped at a McDonald’s while jogging.

“The world is starting to ask what they’re truly eating in their food — and the new conglomerate of natural grocers and restaurants are trailblazing the way into an entirely new economic environment,” Anthony Gucciardi wrote. “In other words: people are simply tired of shoveling garbage into their bodies, and they’re not going to put up with it anymore.”

And price conscious consumers aren’t just limited to McDonald’s nowadays: natural food outlets such as Whole Foods are offering organic foods at the same price as a Big Mac with fries.

“McDonald’s is a huge company, a huge supply chain spread everywhere, and it’s kind of getting nibbled at the margins by all these upscale burger chains, organic places [and] locally sourced food,” Yahoo finance columnist Rick Newman wrote.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

Meh, Wouldn't affect me any haven't had Mcdonald's in a few years or so maybe since 2009 or 2013 I can't remember which.

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lucianocasanova

@-Vulpix-: I see

lucianocasanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lucianocasanova

Bolivia doesnt have Mcdonalds

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

No, they do a good job of providing cheap food. I don't know why you're trying to hold them to higher standards than that. They're one of the cheapest fast food places, and you get what you pay for. Which is half decent.

and you're presenting opinion as fact.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

No. First off their food isn't that bad. Secondly think of all the people that would be out of a job. Regardless of their low salaries it is still a job.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

No, I'm no commie.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@lucianocasanova said:

Bolivia doesnt have Mcdonalds

The country's government is also cuckoo. It's not just anti-US. But, it's also anti-West. I guess that's why it's main government building has an inverted clock. A regular clock is seen as a Western thing.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#90 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Nope. I like me my McDonald's from time to time.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#91  Edited By whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

McDonald's out of business?

Now where am I gonna get my Big Mac from?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#92  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

No. I think the food is crap and I don't eat there, but a lot of jobs would be lost.

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

McDonald's has good coffee, much better than the burnt swill they sell at Tim Hortons.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

No but they hired the young and stupid teens I seen in my life. And I like there foods when your in a hurry to go places.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Expensive? MCDs is not expensive.

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#96 matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

I try roughly to avoid junk food but I must admit I can't help but go to McDonald's 3 or 4 times a month..

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I do hope us consumers can decide not to eat at McDonalds without the government having to put an unhealthy food ban

JuliaFond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JuliaFond
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

I voted for No because I love McDonald's food!

Very tasty!

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#99 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@juliafond: don't dig up these old threads please!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I'm not really a fan, but no.