- Member Since: December 24, 2010
- Posts: 368
- Member Since: November 14, 2010
- Posts: 14823
- Member Since: January 21, 2012
- Posts: 1196
- Member Since: September 27, 2005
- Posts: 9793
- Member Since: May 30, 2013
- Posts: 1295
- Member Since: May 29, 2006
- Posts: 9630
- Online Now
- Member Since: September 14, 2013
- Posts: 2025
- Member Since: July 22, 2005
- Posts: 5279
- Member Since: March 28, 2012
- Posts: 2486
- Member Since: October 3, 2006
- Posts: 20397
- Member Since: July 1, 2012
- Posts: 1961
- Member Since: January 30, 2008
- Posts: 22159
Where is the "both" option
i loved it on days we played Town Ball or Bombardment(they had to change the name and add in a few rules, but it was basically dodgeball). oddly enough, i liked the days we ran the Mile. we didnt do anything else besides that. so id just get it done as fast as i could. usually ran a 8 minute mile. then relaxed the rest of the class.
days where we played baseball, basketball or excercised the whole day and things like that, i didnt care much for.
- Member Since: November 22, 2006
- Posts: 5032
- GameSpot Moderator
- Member Since: August 15, 2004
- Posts: 23234
- Member Since: November 2, 2007
- Posts: 9185
- Member Since: July 12, 2002
- Posts: 5492
No, completely useless.
I remember an occasion where we had to do some dangerous gymnastic exercise and I refused to participate.
My gym teacher told me I would get a 5 out of 10 if I wouldn't do it. So I said I was happy to take that 5 that I was going to get anyway, only now I wouldn't get myself seriously hurt. I said it wasn't worth it to risk breaking my neck for a 5 during PE. I had other goals for my life and PE wasn't part of that goal.
I do like exercise though, at my own pace. I'm pretty fit and in good shape.
- Member Since: January 17, 2005
- Posts: 24233
- Member Since: May 9, 2005
- Posts: 10553
Hated it. Was never good at any sports. Although now that I'm old I go to my fitness center and enjoy working out - at my OWN pace.
Same, I go to the gym regularly and it feels amazing.
Didn't hate it though. I passed the physical tests, not anything good/stand out, but the theory (health stuff) half I aced. So I got an 85%+ avg.
Still not good at any sports though and not wanting to try.
- Member Since: March 23, 2005
- Posts: 31252
- Member Since: April 26, 2007
- Posts: 27805
I enjoyed the dodgeball part of PE >_>
Aside from that I had a knack for being decent at the unpopular sports like soccer, volleyball, badmitton, etc. The kind of stuff high school boys aren't exactly proud to admit that they are forced to play. I was shit at things like football and basketball which was the stuff we spent the majority of our time on.
- Member Since: September 15, 2013
- Posts: 41
- Member Since: April 2, 2010
- Posts: 1337
The physical education classes in my old HS were super shitty. Had this basketball coach teach us and he was fuckin clueless, typical jock shit were we'd usually have to do some team sports and he'd ALWAYS pick 2 of the most popular kids as captains and us more geeky/less trendy kids would always be picked last. It was such a self esteem killer having other kids laugh at the last few kids left and the useless PE 'teacher' does nothing but promote that elitest bullshit, Fuck PE. We were forced to do it, I always thought it should be optional. If I have a kid I'll happily write an excuse note for them if they don't want to go through that crap.
- Member Since: December 21, 2008
- Posts: 22066