Did you enjoy Thor (2011) or Thor The Dark World (2013) ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

I enjoyed Dark World more over Original. Dark World is more dark and action is uber awesome compared to original. Loki rocked in Dark World.

Thoughts OT ?

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Definitely Dark World. I felt like there was more too it. And the cameo by you know who was so hilarious.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

Thor had less portrayal issues than Dark World.

Just a handful of the problems I had with Dark World.

1) Dark Elf laser guns. What the heck? Dark Elves used swords and sorcery/magic (which was explained by Thor as super advanced science), but certainly not a spaceship and laser guns that wouldn't feel out of place in Star Wars/Star Trek.

2) The Dark Elves "origins." No, they're not an ancient race that precedes the Asgardians. Not in the myths, not in the comics.

3) SPOILER Odin couldn't revive Frigga. This is plot induced stupidity (PIS), because that is well within the capabilities of the Odinforce. Heck, Thor died in the first movie and came back to life because of a spoken enchantment Odin put on Mjolnir.

4) The Asgardians can't fight for nuts, and get taken down easier than stormtroopers. PIS as well, because Asgardians (which are an original creation of the comics) are a lot tougher than portrayed.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By indzman

@lonewolf604 said:

Definitely Dark World. I felt like there was more too it. And the cameo by you know who was so hilarious.

Yep, cameo came as a funny surprise HeHe

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I haven't seen any of them yet.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Neither. Terrible films.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Liked them both, prefer the second, better balance between the darker tone and humor.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I saw some screenshots of the movie in that visually stunning topic. It got me interested. I'm not big into the superhero genre but there is something about Thor that is drawing me. Is it worth the shot? Does the movie give you an intense and unique sense of darkness? Because for some reason I'm getting this vibe.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

@GazaAli said:

I saw some screenshots of the movie in that visually stunning topic. It got me interested. I'm not big into the superhero genre but there is something about Thor that is drawing me. Is it worth the shot? Does the movie give you an intense and unique sense of darkness? Because for some reason I'm getting this vibe.

Nah, Thor movie series are more of a action entertainment than giving us a intense and unique sense of Darkness as Star Trek 2009, but Dark World ( Part II ) got some nifty elements of darkness surrounding primary antagonist Maleketh and element esther :)

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

While I loved them both, i have to give Dark World the nod. It kept me entertained from beginning to end. Lots of laughs as well that didn't seem forced.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@indzman said:

@GazaAli said:

Nah, Thor movie series are more of a action entertainment than giving us a intense and unique sense of Darkness as Star Trek 2009, but Dark World ( Part II ) got some nifty elements of darkness surrounding primary antagonist Maleketh and element esther :)

I guess superheros movies are just not my thing after all.

ChiefvsGordon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By ChiefvsGordon
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

Thor 2. i read so many negative reviews and was surprised by how entertaining it was. great movie. my only problem was that the dark elves were a little generic looking.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Dark world was directed by Game of Throne guy .......... so it's better ....

HuggyBear1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 HuggyBear1020
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

@ChiefvsGordon said:

Thor 2. i read so many negative reviews and was surprised by how entertaining it was. great movie. my only problem was that the dark elves were a little generic looking.

It scored 66% on Rotten Tomatoes, so far more positive than negative reviews.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

@th3warr1or said:

Thor had less portrayal issues than Dark World.

Just a handful of the problems I had with Dark World.

3) SPOILER Odin couldn't revive Frigga. This is plot induced stupidity (PIS), because that is well within the capabilities of the Odinforce. Heck, Thor died in the first movie and came back to life because of a spoken enchantment Odin put on Mjolnir.

In fairness pretty much all tension this movie had would have been erased if Odin was able to reverse death, and it would have made for a pointless scene.